Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• colin1961 said:

ITT

Bubble said:

Why we even talking bout Downing?? If Boro want to waste their money on an overrated player that has never really done anything that's up to them. They could have bought better with the money in my opinion. Thought Cawley said we was signing a player about 3 days ago. No news yet then and who.

Response when asked that question ....

@RichCawleySLP: @ratcliffe_simon This is Charlton....nothing ever runs straight and true!
    There's a lot more falling through this transfer window for us than there was last season, not sure as to why.. perhaps Roly Poly is tightening the purse strings at the last moments. It's also kept a lot more in house seemingly, even a lot of the media are just pissing in the wind as to who we're interested in.
    How do you know there falling through ... Players might just not be for sale or we are quoted stupid prices

Kan den som är ansvarig för YT-klippet där Brustad missar friläge mot dif vara så vänlig att radera det innan Charltons scouter upptäcker Colin, that's how he knows

• Bubble said:

Why we even talking bout Downing?? If Boro want to waste their money on an overrated player that has never really done anything that's up to them. They could have bought better with the money in my opinion. Thought Cawley said we was signing a player about 3 days ago. No news yet then and who.

@RichCawleySLP: @ratcliffe_simon This is Charlton....nothing ever runs straight and true!
    Or he just made it up
  • cabbles said:

Gutted that we missed out on Stuart Downing. We could have done with a left sided player.
    Downing has even taken a 50% pay cut.
    He's accepted £35K per week to join Boro.

they've just bought a Uruguayan forward from Espanyol for £2.8m, plus the £5m they paid for Downing. This is why we will be lucky to get mid table again with the current squad. That for me is the sort of money you have to spend to compete at the top end now.

I'm not questioning our management, just pointing out that with Derby spending £4.75m on Ince and Boro spending £5m on Downing, plus wages......
    But you've neglected to factor in that all important 3 letter word, cabbles.

GEL.

• West2003 said:

colin1961 said:

WS_Addick said:

colin1961 said:

ITT

Bubble said:

There's a lot more falling through this transfer window for us than there was last season, not sure as to why.. perhaps Roly Poly is tightening the purse strings at the last moments. It's also kept a lot more in house seemingly, even a lot of the media are just pissing in the wind as to who we're interested in.
    How do you know there falling through ... Players might just not be for sale or we are quoted stupid prices

You blamed the current squad on Powell over on into the valley. Your opinion is null and void sir.

The discussion was an attack on the owners , for which the point was made that they have had to wait to clear a lot of Powell players out who were on long contracts like Church, Wilson as no one wanted to pay for them ..... That were not good enough
    Point that as been proved by the fact we had to wait to run their contracts down ....
    Two year contracts aren't long contracts...
    They are if the players are crap.
  • 80 new posts....all toffee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Any rumours ....... Nope
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Gutted that we missed out on Stuart Downing. We could have done with a left sided player.

they've just bought a Uruguayan forward from Espanyol for £2.8m, plus the £5m they paid for Downing. This is why we will be lucky to get mid table again with the current squad. That for me is the sort of money you have to spend to compete at the top end now.

I'm not questioning our management, just pointing out that with Derby spending £4.75m on Ince and Boro spending £5m on Downing, plus wages......
    Although it obviously helps if you've got the cash to splash it's no guarantee of success as Derby have shown in recent years also Fulham spent double that on one player and flirted with relegation for much of last season. The likes of Burnley and Blackpool have proved in recent seasons that it is possible to get promoted without breaking the bank.

I agree. My point was more about how hard it is getting now.
    Orh! orh! Suits you sir.
  • Fails the height test
  • cafc4life said:

My Wolfsburg supporting mate seems to think we are signing Kevin De Bruyne,i reckon its probably him then.

The same KDB that is meant to be joining Manchester City later this week?
    Good scoop @cafc4life :-)

Chelsea Reject
  • cabbles said:

But you've neglected to factor in that all important 3 letter word, cabbles.

GEL.

Of course. As someone else pointed out Burnley did it two seasons ago probably because of the team spirit and togetherness. But those sort of prices and wages just goes to show how much of an ask it will be. Particularly given the depth of the squad at the mo. Do I think you can buy your way out of the Championship, probably not, but I do expect those signings that Derby and Boro have made to make an impact
  • But I didn't think Roland signed championship experienced players ... In all seriousness I hope this comes off I'll be very happy with that.
  • Sponsored links:

• James Henry, Good English name.
  • That's a fecking sensational rumour. JBG and Henry as the two wingers would be immense.

As long as it's not part of a swap deal. Remember that JBG has been linked with Wolves.
  • Would be more than happy with James Henry... Along with Bakary Sako he terrorised us at the Valley last season and felt he was the better of the two wingers.

Hopefully we're putting a better offer in for Paul Anderson too
  • mart77 said:

That's a fecking sensational rumour. JBG and Henry as the two wingers would be immense.

As long as it's not part of a swap deal. Remember that JBG has been linked with Wolves.
    If we are shelling out GBP500000 we would not ALSO be swapping JBG...I hope...

• Wolves fans on twitter are pissed off about it lol
  • Never heard of him - seriously
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!