Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• cafc4life said:

Cawley Tweeting Hendo,jackson,solly,wiggins and THD set to play at dulwich on saturday.I wonder why they wont be involved against St Truiden?

STVV have an artificial pitch so they won't want to risk those recovering from knocks or those with ongoing issues on such a pitch
    I'm sure you're right, BUT, In which case, why screw up your pre-season preparations by playing such a fixture in the first instance?
  • cafcfan said:

cafc4life said:

Cawley Tweeting Hendo,jackson,solly,wiggins and THD set to play at dulwich on saturday.I wonder why they wont be involved against St Truiden?

STVV have an artificial pitch so they won't want to risk those recovering from knocks or those with ongoing issues on such a pitch
    I'm sure you're right, BUT, In which case, why screw up your pre-season preparations by playing such a fixture in the first instance?
    Good practice for when we get that Russian outfit in the Champion's League!
  • We had a ridiculously thin squad last season, remember when Solly had to play as a CM? With all the players gone in the summer, I'm afraid 6 new faces that Guy says we need is simply not enough.

Especially if you witnessed the second half of the Welling game, definitely no Joe Gomez's coming through this season.

I'm with you on this. IMO we need another 8 or 9 players.
    That'll be to many players you'll be leaving first team players out of the squad each week which is no good for team morale.
  • sam3110 said:

Scoham said:

Valley11 said:

We really are pinning our hopes on untried Championship players. Please sign a couple of players with experience of the league.

Do we have to have players with Championship experience? JBG and Bulot were far better than Eagles. Igor and Watt were better than Church and other strikers we've had in the past. Buyens one of the better CMs in recent years.
    Works both ways. Was Tucudean better than Kermorgant?
    That doesn't really disprove Scoham's argument though. If anything, it shows that previous experience of Championship football is not a necessary ingredient of a successful signing.
    He'd played for Leicester before us and I wasn't trying to disprove Schoham's argument.
    And was shit at Leicester, only played 20 odd games scoring 1 goal, and screwing up that penalty. There would be bloody riots if we signed a player with those stats today!
    I think there was at the time actually.
  • cafc4life said:

Surprised Igor isn't on that list!
  • As there are no artificial pitches in the Championship,it begs the question,
    Other than the two Loves of Katrien's life playing each other,
    Why risk it ? The amount of knocks the English women suffered from playing on a non grass surface was crazy.
  • bobcafc7 said:

Would be my team at the moment and I guess 5-6 signings would be enough.

Hendo

Solly
    Bauer
    *new
    Wiggins

JBG
    Cousins
    Ba
    *new

Vetokele
    Watt

Subs.
    Pope
    Fox
    Diarra
    Jackson
    *new cb
    Big mak
    *new lw/rw

And you still have Harriot, Moussa, Karlan Grant, Dmitrovic and hopefully another 2 signings.

I think I would swap Mak for maybe Igor if he does the expected job of physicality and threat in the air. Think Mak / Watt or Mak / Igor may turn out to be a better pair in reality.

Think we need a real top class CM with Ba acting as back up to Cousins but need to see more of Ba to firm that up.

Hendo
    Solly
    Bauer
    NEW
    Wiggins

JBG
    NEW
    Cousins
    NEW

Mak
    Watt

Subs:

Pope
    NEW CB
    Fox
    Diarra
    Jacko
    Ba
    Igor (give his Achilles chance to properly recover).

Squad - new utility player, Harriott, Ahearne Grant, Moussa, Dmitrovic, Regan Cook, Obileye
    Can we all play this game..?

1.Hendo

2.Solly
    3.Fox
    5..NEW from Maderia (or any other obscure small island with no football tradition to speak of)
    6.NEW from Ascension Island or Diego Garcia (as above)

4.NEW but with a weird name and from Belgium please (and with a nice YouTube profile and a fit wife)
    7.NEW from Isle of Man or Malta or Treasure Island or Jacko in a Disability Scooter
    8.Cousins
    11.NEW someone from the Galapagos Islands with a parent popular on social media or fat Len from the burger van (if fit) or JBG if still here (which he wont be of course).
    10.Watt or Igor (depending in which one is fit an which one goes to Evening Standard)
    9. NEW goalkeeping coach with an eye for goal from the Isle of Dogs or Isle of Sheppey if absolutely necessary.

Subs.
    Someone very young from the academy.
    someone even younger
    someone not yet born but with very athletic parents from Belgium.
    Bikey handcuffed and tied to a chair by Luzon
    The old bloke who sells programmes outside the club superstore or his Mrs (if fit).
    Anyone's fit wife.
    Anyone fit
    Anyone.

That is definitely a normal response to somebody saying where he thinks we need new players.

• Sponsored links:

• bobcafc7 said:

bobcafc7 said:

Hendo

Solly
    Bauer
    *new
    Wiggins

JBG
    Cousins
    Ba
    *new

Vetokele
    Watt

Subs.
    Pope
    Fox
    Diarra
    Jackson
    *new cb
    Big mak
    *new lw/rw

And you still have Harriot, Moussa, Karlan Grant, Dmitrovic and hopefully another 2 signings.

I think I would swap Mak for maybe Igor if he does the expected job of physicality and threat in the air. Think Mak / Watt or Mak / Igor may turn out to be a better pair in reality.

Think we need a real top class CM with Ba acting as back up to Cousins but need to see more of Ba to firm that up.

Hendo
    Solly
    Bauer
    NEW
    Wiggins

JBG
    NEW
    Cousins
    NEW

Mak
    Watt

Subs:

Pope
    NEW CB
    Fox
    Diarra
    Jacko
    Ba

Squad - new utility player, Harriott, Ahearne Grant, Moussa, Dmitrovic, Regan Cook, Obileye

1.Hendo

2.Solly
    3.Fox
    5..NEW from Maderia (or any other obscure small island with no football tradition to speak of)

4.NEW but with a weird name and from Belgium please (and with a nice YouTube profile and a fit wife)
    7.NEW from Isle of Man or Malta or Treasure Island or Jacko in a Disability Scooter
    8.Cousins
    11.NEW someone from the Galapagos Islands with a parent popular on social media or fat Len from the burger van (if fit) or JBG if still here (which he wont be of course).
    10.Watt or Igor (depending in which one is fit an which one goes to Evening Standard)
    9. NEW goalkeeping coach with an eye for goal from the Isle of Dogs or Isle of Sheppey if absolutely necessary.

Subs.
    someone even younger
    The old bloke who sells programmes outside the club superstore or his Mrs (if fit).
    Anyone's fit wife.
    Anyone fit
    Anyone.

Your a very strange man.
    *You're ;-)
  • Are you on the Scrumpy, Grumpy ?
  • Just so much crap on a thread supposedly for "rumours"....
  • edited July 2015

bobcafc7 said:

bobcafc7 said:

Hendo

Solly
    Bauer
    *new
    Wiggins

JBG
    Cousins
    Ba
    *new

Vetokele
    Watt

Subs.
    Pope
    Fox
    Diarra
    Jackson
    *new cb
    Big mak
    *new lw/rw

Hendo
    Solly
    Bauer
    NEW
    Wiggins

JBG
    NEW
    Cousins
    NEW

Mak
    Watt

Subs:

Pope
    NEW CB
    Fox
    Diarra
    Jacko
    Ba

1.Hendo

2.Solly
    3.Fox

8.Cousins

Subs.
    someone even younger
    Anyone's fit wife.
    Anyone fit
    Anyone.

Your a very strange man.
    *You're ;-)
    Done it just before your comment to be fair lol.
  • perhaps we should look at that Church bloke who scored for MKD last night
  • perhaps we should look at that Church bloke who scored for MKD last night

Against Irish side... Cabinteely? ;)
  • cafc4life said:

Cawley Tweeting Hendo,jackson,solly,wiggins and THD set to play at dulwich on saturday.

All the more reason to go to the game.

• Luzon is going in at the bare minimum of 4 & 5. As said before you're a mad man if you think Solly, Jackson, Moussa, Igor, Watt (with the way he plays and current fitness), Hendo, Wiggins just to name a few are going to last the season. Especially during the mad winter period with Sat-Tues being a regular occurance. I think if you aren't pro-active in the pre-season, if luck's against you then you will hit some bumps that may cause damage.

Let's see who the 4 or 5 are.. our midfield needs a lot of work.

• Is Luzon saying we are going to get 4 or 5 more players or is he saying to Roland that we need 4 or 5 more players?
  • As I understand it Luzon is only allowed to say the type of player he wants, not any actual individual. Then the researchers get onto the internet and find them, or they open the door to agents to press a player on them.
  • Sponsored links:

• “I hope first that we will have a full squad in time for the QPR game,” said the Israeli boss.

“We need a minimum of four or five players.

“And when they arrive we will know exactly how we are going to play and how we are going to look.

Bearing in mind that he has specifically stated it, and the OS has published it, I would hope that they think they have a realistic chance of getting 4 or 5 bodies in by 8th August.

Well they will look seriously stupid if they haven't.
  • edited July 2015

Coquelin had no Championship experience but was a seriously effective performer in that league from the first minute of his first game. Quality is what counts in the end. We can't buy that quality but I sense that Premiership clubs are much more inclined to lend young players on the fringe of their first teams to Championship clubs. I think it would benefit Charlton greatly if they could tap into that trend and build a relationship with their Premiership neighbours, Arsenal and Chelsea in particular as they seem to have the biggest stockpile of young talent that need to be loaned out every season in order to get match experience.

But Coquelin had played in England, for Arsenal before he joined us. Over 20 games in fact.
  • I do believe once we have the new academy building not only will we attract the best talent but also we can then start to be attractive to Arsenal & Chelsea. Hopefully we will have one of the best structures around the Championship, if not the best in South
  • At a guess maybe 2-3 signings on contracts. Maybe holding out to get reasonable deals (i.e. cheap) on unsigned players or players other sides want out. Then another 1-2 on loan from Premier sides, once the squads of 25 have been announced (whenever that is...).
  • barstool said:

I do believe once we have the new academy building not only will we attract the best talent but also we can then start to be attractive to Arsenal & Chelsea. Hopefully we will have one of the best structures around the Championship, if not the best in South

I tend to agree with this, but at the moment for a sceptical me it is still if we get the building.
  • Coquelin had no Championship experience but was a seriously effective performer in that league from the first minute of his first game. Quality is what counts in the end. We can't buy that quality but I sense that Premiership clubs are much more inclined to lend young players on the fringe of their first teams to Championship clubs. I think it would benefit Charlton greatly if they could tap into that trend and build a relationship with their Premiership neighbours, Arsenal and Chelsea in particular as they seem to have the biggest stockpile of young talent that need to be loaned out every season in order to get match experience.

But Coquelin had played in England, for Arsenal before he joined us. Over 20 games in fact.
    I was replying to the specific point that had been made about needing to sign players with Championship experience. Must admit I did nor realise that Coquelin had played that many games in Arsenal's first team though.
  • cafc-west said:

At a guess maybe 2-3 signings on contracts. Maybe holding out to get reasonable deals (i.e. cheap) on unsigned players or players other sides want out. Then another 1-2 on loan from Premier sides, once the squads of 25 have been announced (whenever that is...).

I would expect another 3 or 4 loan signings at least (each one of a quality that makes them almost guaranteed starters in the first team). I would expect another 2 or 3 signings of out of contract players. I would be seriously disappointed if we wasted any money on fees for any players. The money from the sale of Gomez should be used to pay the wages of quality loan and out of contract signings. If by January we are looking like serious contenders for promotion then I think our owner would seriously consider investing a chunk of his own money in order to buy additional quality to get us over the line.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!