Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• He does look like he can hurt people.

He looks like he'll get sent off three times in the first half of the season and end up falling out with all his teammates.

I can tell all that from watching that video.
  • We seem to get linked to players with underwhelming YouTube show reels. There's crosses into the keeper's hands, misplaced passes... Puts me in mind of Petrucci and Nego's highlights.
  • Just read on facebook we are linked with Wes Morgan
  • Facebook?

@creepyaddick - you dissapoint me

There is as much chance of the Leicester City captain joining us as there is of Delort's dad taking control of social media at the club.

But at least its a rumour!

It's a total wind up mate.

Made 30 plus appearances last season so must still be capable.
  • FFS! At this rate they'll never be able to get a good old moral boosting rendition of "Knees up Mother Brown" and the Hokey Cokey going pre kickoff in the dressing room...

RD, ripping the soul out of Charlton since 2013!!
  • Zakarya Bergdich
    Personal information
    Date of birth 7 January 1989 (age 26)
    Place of birth Compiègne, France
    Height 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)
    Playing position Left back
    Club information
    Current team
    Genoa (on loan from Valladolid)
    Number 18
    Youth career
    2004–2007 Strasbourg
    2007–2009 Créteil-Lusitanos
    Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2009–2010 Alfortville 31 (1)
    2010–2013 Lens 56 (2)
    2013– Valladolid 39 (5)
    2015– → Genoa (loan) 4 (0)
    National team‡
    2011– Morocco U23 8 (?)
    2012– Morocco

Hear we're going to sign him in a railway carriage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has this all started from someone making something up on Facebook?
  • Oh great. Is Ched Evans available still?
  • So, SL is interested in getting Vetokele ...
  • I suppose that answers Richard Keys' question

• skywalker said:

So, SL is interested in getting Vetokele ...

They can have him for 20m and Bulot... not a fan of the new SL owner at the minute.

He can't screw us over and expect us to be friendly in return. :-)
  • skywalker said:

They can have him for 20m and Bulot... not a fan of the new SL owner at the minute.

Bulot plays for Reims so not likely.

• skywalker said:

Bulot plays for Reims so not likely.

That's the point. ;-)
  • edited July 2015
    Luzon saying we need a minimum of 4 or 5 players and he says in 3 weeks we will be ready - on the OS

For me that's:

1 x CB
    1 x RB / CB cover
    1 x CM (creative)
    1 x LW
    1 x utility squad cover (not as vital as first 4).
  • Ketts on Dr Kish wrote "There were strong rumours on Wednesday linking the Addicks with Moroccan defender, Zakaria Bergdich. Bergdich is a 26-year-old and is currently with Spanish outfit, Real Valladolid."

• We really are pinning our hopes on untried Championship players. Please sign a couple of players with experience of the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Trouble is, most players with experience of the league have already failed in the league to some degree.
  • edited July 2015
    In the case of the Morrocan defender, I would rather have a player proven in Serie A and La Liga thanks very much!

Edit - well 4 games in Serie A!
  • Scoham said:

Valley11 said:

We really are pinning our hopes on untried Championship players. Please sign a couple of players with experience of the league.

Do we have to have players with Championship experience? JBG and Bulot were far better than Eagles. Igor and Watt were better than Church and other strikers we've had in the past. Buyens one of the better CMs in recent years.
    Agree although I always feel more comfortable with defenders with champ experience. Attacking mids and strikers are able to be more expressive and coming from the continent helps with that.
  • What is interesting is that this Morrocan is a versatile LM/LB , so would suggest we will try and adapt to the 352 we have been trialling in preseason , with Wiggins currently in that role.
  • Scoham said:

Valley11 said:

We really are pinning our hopes on untried Championship players. Please sign a couple of players with experience of the league.

Do we have to have players with Championship experience? JBG and Bulot were far better than Eagles. Igor and Watt were better than Church and other strikers we've had in the past. Buyens one of the better CMs in recent years.
    If you pick and choose your players of course you can pick players who are better than others. Henderson is better than Thuram etc... I could go on.

I agree with Valley11 in some respect that we do need a couple, reason being; you cannot guarantee these guys will stick. Makienok, he may be physical enough for the league but who's to say he'll be definitely be able to create anything? It's all untested, if you put all your eggs into one basket and that basket isn't what you hoped it would be, you have your first foot into a relegation scrap, as it'd be a uphill struggle trying to re-shape from there. Handful of core injuries and we're near experience-less.

• Scoham said:

Valley11 said:

If you pick and choose your players of course you can pick players who are better than others. Henderson is better than Thuram etc... I could go on.

I agree with Valley11 in some respect that we do need a couple, reason being; you cannot guarantee these guys will stick. Makienok, he may be physical enough for the league but who's to say he'll be definitely be able to create anything? It's all untested, if you put all your eggs into one basket and that basket isn't what you hoped it would be, you have your first foot into a relegation scrap, as it'd be a uphill struggle trying to re-shape from there. Handful of core injuries and we're near experience-less.

Well exactly. We need good players that fit together as a team. I want to see players of the right quality that are suited to this league, nationality or career history is less important.

Of course I'd like a base of English/British players, but that comes from our academy, players already here and some of the signings.
  • Has this been resolved ?
  • Found this Italian article with google translate in link.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calcio/genoa/2015/articoli/1063073/genoa-bergdich-picchia-la-moglie-denunciato-160-.shtml

Seems to suggest that he was charged by police and admitted the incident. However article was from April 10th and there seems to be little else on this story so maybe they were dropped?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!