Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Is this the mirror journalist?

Now there's an oxymoron
  • colin1961 said:

Henry Winks anyone
    Spurs have offered him out on loan attacking mid

Kan den som är ansvarig för YT-klippet där Brustad missar friläge mot dif vara så vänlig att radera det innan Charltons scouter upptäcker?
  • colin1961 said:

Henry Winks anyone

Harry Winks you mean. Or are you his grandad and so call him by his 'proper' name?
  • jams said:

Is this the mirror journalist?

Now there's an oxymoron
    Stick with the sun, jams.

• cabbles said:

colin1961 said:

Henry Winks anyone

Kan den som är ansvarig för YT-klippet där Brustad missar friläge mot dif vara så vänlig att radera det innan Charltons scouter upptäcker?
    This says something like "Can the VT operator please delete the bit where he misses a sitter before the Charlton scouts see it"....
  • Correct Pedro45
  • cabbles said:

colin1961 said:

Henry Winks anyone

Wrong thread to advertise a new IKEA product in the Charlton store.
  • edited July 2015

Predicted in 2007

Wow! If that's what we thought in 2007, that right there sums up the state of the English game. The only one involved with the England squad is Walcott, and he's nowhere near world class. I don't even think he's a top class premiership player. Not to be overly harsh but I would love to see the current equivalents. We can bookmark it and look back 8 years from now
  • seth plum said:

cabbles said:

colin1961 said:

Henry Winks anyone

Wrong thread to advertise a new IKEA product in the Charlton store.
    It's Colin's 'confirmed' response to anything he says from now on :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• This is the original journo whose saying about the James Henry deal
  • Predicted in 2007

thats embarressing
  • WS_Addick said:

cabbles said:

Predicted in 2007

Wow! If that's what we thought in 2007, that right there sums up the state of the English game. The only one involved with the England squad is Walcott, and he's nowhere near world class. I don't even think he's a top class premiership player. Not to be overly harsh but I would love to see the current equivalents. We can bookmark it and look back 8 years from now

If he wasn't really fast I don't even think he would cut it in the champ. He really isn't very good.
    Couldn't agree more. The difficulty I think is that when they break into the team people build them up without knowing if they will stand the test of time. It's natural, we want to get excited about new players coming through. There's one player I think going down exactly the same route as Walcott right now, Mr Sterling. Yes he looks talented, but I feel if he was the top top level, it wouldn't have been City going after him this summer.

I want to be proved wrong with all these England players and would happily have it shoved back in my face, but I've seen it so many times. In my generation of watching England late 80s onwards, the only world class player we have had was Gazza. I can put him in the same bracket as the greats, the others have been good, but not great
  • colin1961 said:

Henry Winks anyone

Harry Winks you mean. Or are you his grandad and so call him by his 'proper' name?

• WS_Addick said:

cabbles said:

Predicted in 2007

If he wasn't really fast I don't even think he would cut it in the champ. He really isn't very good.
    Come off it. He's a fantastic finisher and when he's on form he's completely unstoppable. His problem is a lack of consistency mostly caused by his tendency to get regular injuries. In the 12/13 season when he got a proper run in the side without injury he scored 21 in 43 which for a player generally shunted out on the wing is superb. In 13/14 he was in great form until he got that injury against Spurs. He's still only 26 as well. He's shown that when he stays fit for an extended period the goals flow. He's got a lot more than just pace

Unstoppable? Ronaldo and messi are unstoppable when in form, not ruddy Walcott.
    I admit he had a good season when he scored 20 off goals, but he was playing up top, for arsenal so you are always going to have a couple of a chances a game.
    No wonder the national team are a joke when bang average players like Walcott are deemed unstoppable.
  • edited July 2015
    Few other Twitter sources picking up James Henry deal - TransferCentreLive (22.5k followers) quoting a permanent deal though probably just getting it from the Mirror chap.
  • Predicted in 2007

thats embarressing
    There are four players there I have never even heard of some 8 years later and another three I've only heard of through links with Charlton. Some of those careers really must have crashed and burned.

• WS_Addick said:

WS_Addick said:

cabbles said:

Predicted in 2007

Come off it. He's a fantastic finisher and when he's on form he's completely unstoppable. His problem is a lack of consistency mostly caused by his tendency to get regular injuries. In the 12/13 season when he got a proper run in the side without injury he scored 21 in 43 which for a player generally shunted out on the wing is superb. In 13/14 he was in great form until he got that injury against Spurs. He's still only 26 as well. He's shown that when he stays fit for an extended period the goals flow. He's got a lot more than just pace

I admit he had a good season when he scored 20 off goals, but he was playing up top, for arsenal so you are always going to have a couple of a chances a game.
    No wonder the national team are a joke when bang average players like Walcott are deemed unstoppable.
    I think he could be ridiculously hard to play against when he's fit. Games like the hat-trick against Croatia away, they just couldn't live with him. Personally think Walcott is above bang average but he just lacks consistentcy.

I just realised this is the rumours thread so forget what I just said and crack on with the rumours....
  • Sponsored links:

• WS_Addick said:

WS_Addick said:

cabbles said:

Predicted in 2007

He's not bang average though is he? Did you see his hattrick against West Brom this season? Or against Croatia? Or Reading? Or Newcastle? He has the same number of Premier League hattricks as Didier Drogba, Sergio Aguero and Jermain Defoe. When he gets going he tears through defences, he just gets injured to often to keep it consistent. Do you really think that a player you said wouldn't cut it in the Champ (Simon Church maybe) would score 21 goals for Arsenal because he played up top for Arsenal? No. That's silly isn't it. 'I can only speak from experience but he was one of the most dangerous players I have ever played against'. That's Leo Messi by the way
  • Good player, perhaps would mean putting JBG on the left though which isn't ideal.
  • Good player, perhaps would mean putting JBG on the left though which isn't ideal.

Depends, with the signing of Makienok maybe we're
    Going to be playing a lot on the wing and crossing in as opposed to peeters preferred method of cutting in and shooting
  • edited July 2015

Good player, perhaps would mean putting JBG on the left though which isn't ideal.

Going to be playing a lot on the wing and crossing in as opposed to peeters preferred method of cutting in and shooting
    Or perhaps, rather than because we signed a tall striker assume were gonna be aiming hopeful long balls to somewhere near his head maybe consider the possibility we needed a striker with a bit of physicality to match this league and one who can hold the ball us and bring other players into the game help us keep possession...

I very much doubt we will play too much "hoofball" although it will be nice to have that option as a plan C...
  • Never heard of him - seriously

Like Jacko but a few years younger
  • colin1961 said:

Henry Winks anyone

• shirty5 said:

colin1961 said:

Henry Winks anyone

This thread has jumped the shark now!

Or perhaps, rather than because we signed a tall stoker assume were gonna be aiming hopeful long balls to somewhere near his head maybe consider the possibility we needed a striker with a bit of physicality to match this league and one who can hold the ball us and bring other players into the game help us keep possession...

I very much doubt we will play too much "hoofball" although it will be nice to have that option as a plan C...
    Hoofball is what we played when we had Yann.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!