Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• I may have just been told that Sky and BBC are reporting it all wrong.

Charlton have just signed Morgan Schneiderlin and Bastian Schweinsteiger
  • one of the most informative Wiki pages I've ever read
  • Boro about to spend £5m on a Premier League player and left winger. That's the kind of money we're competing with. I'm sure Bulot was nowhere near that amount and we still can't afford him / won't pay for him.

• Doubt very much Downing is dropping down a league.
  • Some unsubstantiated crap from footballrumours.co.uk

10 Jul 2015 19:53:00
    Here's some stuff on Charlton.

On the ins they are looking at Dexter Blackstock for £1.8M, and they are also looking at Mehdi Abeid on a loan deal.

On the outs, Callum Harriot is attracting a lot of interest from Bradford, Crawley, Notts County, Oldham, Port Vale, Scunthorpe and Shrewsbury all looking at him on loan.
    Tareiq Holmes-Dennis is being looked at by Cheltenham, Eastleigh, Gateshead, Kidderminster and Woking on loan.

05 Jul 2015 11:12:10
    Charlton will bid £2.7m for Tino-Sven Sušić from HNK Split. (Yeah right....)
  • Addicted said:

Doubt very much Downing is dropping down a league.

He really is.
  • An Antiguan international, no less!
  • Id be interested to really know what happened with the Bulot deal. People already saying its wages etc but i dont believe Reims would be able to offer that much of a better package than us. Im more inclined to believe someone at Standard has fucked RD over.

Sounds that way to me.

My understanding may be incorrect but I read it as though he gifted his shares to his number 2 who recently said "I could never afford to buy them". If that's the case and his first move is to stripe RD up i'd be looking over my shoulder if I were him

• Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

I may have just been told that Sky and BBC are reporting it all wrong.

Charlton have just signed Morgan Schneiderlin and Bastian Schweinsteiger

Not centre halves though are they? Roland OUT!
  • Addicted said:

Doubt very much Downing is dropping down a league.

I think he could but doubt it would be a permanent if true.
  • Id be interested to really know what happened with the Bulot deal. People already saying its wages etc but i dont believe Reims would be able to offer that much of a better package than us. Im more inclined to believe someone at Standard has fucked RD over.

Argument that Duchatelet should have tied up sooner then perhaps?

Not worth crying over spilt Bulot.

Move on.

Yep but without full facts im just gonna sit on the fence with the whole incident.
  • M (RL) / AM (RLC) ‏@Tier2_Updates 3m3 minutes ago
    #cafc have registered their interest in Charleroi centre back Sebastian Dewaest.

M (RL) / AM (RLC) ‏@Tier2_Updates 2m2 minutes ago
    The club hope that Dewaest will join over the coming week and return to London to sign once #cafc tour of Belgium is complete.

M (RL) / AM (RLC) ‏@Tier2_Updates 23s23 seconds ago
    Dewaest was a target of #hcafc earlier in the summer but a move didn't materialise.
  • edited July 2015
    Defender. Charleroi -> Charlton. written in the tea leaves...
  • M (RL) / AM (RLC) ‏@Tier2_Updates 3m3 minutes ago
    #cafc have registered their interest in Charleroi centre back Sebastian Dewaest.

M (RL) / AM (RLC) ‏@Tier2_Updates 2m2 minutes ago
    The club hope that Dewaest will join over the coming week and return to London to sign once #cafc tour of Belgium is complete.

M (RL) / AM (RLC) ‏@Tier2_Updates 23s23 seconds ago
    Dewaest was a target of #hcafc earlier in the summer but a move didn't materialise.

25, 6ft 2in - height test passed?
  • edited July 2015
    6ft 2in and *I think* left footed.

Transfermarkt says right footed. And that he's worth £1.75m.
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sébastien_Dewaest

Have a read of this,might aswel be written in hieroglyphics.Written by a 5 year old it seems
  • Sponsored links:

• Centre Back which we need.

Hull were apparently after him for £1.75m earlier in the summer (and could still be for all I know).
  • 6ft 2in and *I think* left footed.

According to ever unreliable Wiki he's on a 2 year contract expiring 2015 with a 2 year option to extend - so if that option wasn't taken up he could be on a free.

For a 25 year old he's not played many games - 90 in total
  • colin1961 said:

According to what I saw we more or less got Watt for nothing and SL board were not happy , source was Reams supported by Ketts I believe ..

You do realise Reams is taking piss out of you don't you?
  • 6ft 2in and *I think* left footed.

According to ever unreliable Wiki he's on a 2 year contract expiring 2015 with a 2 year option to extend - so if that option wasn't taken up he could be on a free.

For a 25 year old he's not played many games - 90 in total
    Wiki is never accurate on appearances. According to this report he played 40 times just last season:

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-City-transfer-rumours-Sebastien-Dewaest/story-26618404-detail/story.html
  • edited July 2015

My Charleroi supporting friend at work says he'd be a great buy for the championship.

My Charleroi season ticket holder friend thinks he's too good for the championship
  • i do t think the game stats above are correct. It looks he has been a starter for the last 3 years according to transfermarket season data
  • I won't judge the squad until 8th August & I refuse to panic but I must admit, I'm getting a bit twitchy about our luck of activity/ Need 4 or 5 players in & not much appears to be happening
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!