Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• cfgs said:

Amazes me how some people think swapping Igor for Bulot would be a good deal for us!

Football fans are the human equivalent of Goldfish.
    Maybe. Though Bulot was good for as long a spell as Vetokele; it was also more recent *changes direction approaching the glass*
  • Still need a couple of CBs (preferably one that can cover right back), a couple of wingers and a striker............ and there are no rumours to report. :-(
  • not a rumour but Jordan Cousins has had his legs waxed !!

Shows that some of our fans not slashing their wrists over the lack of transfer rumours but actually buying season tickets!
  • Cant wait to hear Simon Makienok sing God Save the Queen :)

Must mean that the players are gonna try going on a Cup run this season with a Wembley appearance ;)

Shows that some of our fans not slashing their wrists over the lack of transfer rumours but actually buying season tickets!

Wouldn't you rather the club get fans to buy season tickets through player acquisition rather than tacky gimmicks though?
  • Why are we assuming Standard proposed a swap for Igor? Because Colin said so?
  • Sponsored links:

• WS_Addick said:

not a rumour but Jordan Cousins has had his legs waxed !!

Wouldn't you rather the club get fans to buy season tickets through player acquisition rather than tacky gimmicks though?
    Yes but I doubt anyone really bought their ticket just to see Jordan's smooth legs!
  • As long as we invested the money I wouldn't be that upset. I've a nagging doubt about Igor.

I've heard it all now. Yes, lets get rid of our top 3 goalscorers last season (Igor, Buyens & JBG)
    Not doubting Igors ability Golfie. If he's fit and firing I rekon he'll do very well. My nagging doubt is about ever seeing him fully fit again.

If the right offer comes in and we spend on a good replacement then I think I might consider that.

For what it's worth I hope I'm wrong and he's as fit as a fiddle and stays.

• from the Sevenoaks Cronicle :smile:

'CHARLTON have missed out on signing Frederic Bulot.

Stade de Reims have announced the signing of the former Standard Liege man this lunchtime. The player spent time at The Valley last season.

Bulot has agreed a two-year deal and it is believed the deal was on a free'.

I very much doubt that.
  • from the Sevenoaks Cronicle :smile:

'CHARLTON have missed out on signing Frederic Bulot.

Stade de Reims have announced the signing of the former Standard Liege man this lunchtime. The player spent time at The Valley last season.

Bulot has agreed a two-year deal and it is believed the deal was on a free'.

I very much doubt that.

Wouldn't surprise me with Duchatelet.
  • Amazes me how some people think swapping Igor for Bulot would be a good deal for us!

Well Igor would be no good for us if his achilles is in anything like the same state as it was post Christmas last year. Rumours that he is still limping dont fill you with confidence that it is any better.
    exactly, a fit Igor and it's a no brainer but if it's an injury we have to manage carefully then that is a different kettle of fish entirely

Would rather a 70% fit Igor then a fully fit Church for example
  • colin1961 said:

Davo55 said:

What an almighty cock up. Deal should have been done and dusted at the end of last season.

Still, I would much rather have Igor if it was ever a choice between the two. Some people under-estimating him, I think. Unless his injury is more serious than we know, he is a guaranteed 10-15 goals a season guy at least.

Deal was not going to happen once RD fell out with the new owner over the Tony Watt deal ....they were not going to allow us to have him
    Cheaply as they were paying percentage of his wages last season
    I shouldn't ask, but I will.

Colin, please explain, what you mean re RD & SL falling out over the Watt deal.

I don't understand, as we bought Watt in January.

Also, please give us your source, for this alleged falling out.
  • Im more inclined to believe it with Ketts name attached to it.
  • colin1961 said:

According to what I saw we more or less got Watt for nothing and SL board were not happy , source was Reams supported by Ketts I believe ..

Thanks for answering.
  • Sponsored links:

• I still don't understand how a transfer that took place 6 months ago has anything to do with new owners who only took over a couple of weeks ago
  • well I don't really understand this. I mean did the new owner not do due dligence? also, wasn't he on the Board anyway so must have prior knowledge over the Watt deal. Plus, if they have fallen out, how come we are still using their training facilities this week?
  • Reza to play on the left of midfield.
  • and whilst we're at it can we go back and ask the new owners for a refund on Tucadean and Reza?
  • I presume SL are saying to RD, you sold Watt to Charlton at a bargain price, so we're not going to do the same with Bulot.

If true, I don't blame them in the least.
  • CHGCHG
    edited July 2015
    Cawley reckons we are close to signing another player, is probably out in Belgium with the rest of the squad.
  • edited July 2015

Charlton closing in on a signing. Not done yet....but player is likely to be out in Belgium with them.
  • sorry no its only Loic Nego...silly Cawley!
  • but the Sevenoaks Cronicle are saying Bulot joined Reims on a free
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!