Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• colin1961 said:

Standard want a swap deal with Vetokele .....

What with Bulot??
  • to be honest if Igor has injury problems which mean him being handled carefully, as with Solly, then I'd probably take that as long as we got another decent striker in. No doubt Igor has talent but ....

Agree - Watt, Makienok, ANO striker with Champ experience, Ahearne Grant - being fed by JBG and Bulot wouldnt be the end of the world.
  • Craig Mackail-Smith heard he is coming in on a 1 year deal..

but he's on trial at Luton Town at the moment...
  • From what I've seen Bulot is as good as a Reims player, and to be honest a straight swap isn't worth it. An injury free Igor is on a whole different level to Bulot, has the potential to be one of the best players in this division.
  • Swapping Igor for Bulot would be a much better deal for Standard than it would be us.

For that reason, I'M OUT
  • I would rather keep Bulot than Igor, Igor got found out halfway through the season, most teams put 2 on him.
    Injury or no injury Igor won't be the player he was in the first 10 games of last season.
  • Igor will be much better this season I reckon... Our attack was easy for Championship Defenders last season as neither Watt / Vetokele were the aggressive type so the Defenders had no issue getting tight to either player because they know they wouldnt have a fight on their hands.

This is the difference that Simon Makienok will hopefully bring, he might not score heaps of goals but if he can give as good as he gets from the opposition Defence, they'll know they've got a fight on their hands and wont want to mark so tightly... that'll give Vetokele the space to run at Defences with his pace and hopefully create more chances like his goals against Brighton at the Amex last season
  • Amazes me how some people think swapping Igor for Bulot would be a good deal for us!
  • Sponsored links:

• Amazes me how some people think swapping Igor for Bulot would be a good deal for us!

Football fans are the human equivalent of Goldfish.

Well Igor would be no good for us if his achilles is in anything like the same state as it was post Christmas last year. Rumours that he is still limping dont fill you with confidence that it is any better.

Well Igor would be no good for us if his achilles is in anything like the same state as it was post Christmas last year. Rumours that he is still limping dont fill you with confidence that it is any better.
    exactly, a fit Igor and it's a no brainer but if it's an injury we have to manage carefully then that is a different kettle of fish entirely

• The apparent swap deal doesn't make any sense for us. People are forgetting that Igor has 4 years left on his contract, Bulot at Standard has 1 year left.

Even with Vetokele's achilles problem, he has to be worth more than Bulot because of length of contact and potential Vetokele still has, as we could manage to sort out this problem and we would have a brilliant player on our hands again.

Not to mention he has just got married and has a new apartment here in England, the man is finally settled, he won't be going anywhere.
  • edited July 2015
    FREDDY BULOT TO STADE DE REIMS ON A 2 YEAR DEAL

Stade de Reims ‏@Stade_de_Reims 9m9 minutes ago
    Bienvenue @FredericBulot qui rejoint le #SDR pour deux saisons. Le milieu offensif portera le numéro 18 #TeamSDR

Welcome @FredericBulot who joined the #SDR for two seasons. The midfielder numbered 18 #TeamSDR
  • how awkward for Bulot... Trains with CAFC all summer joins Reims his second choice? how will their fans react?
  • Poor old Freddie. That fake smile says it all.
  • Poor old Freddie. That fake smile says it all.

He looks happier than Delort ever did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame, but not the end of the world
  • colin1961 said:

Davo55 said:

What an almighty cock up. Deal should have been done and dusted at the end of last season.

Still, I would much rather have Igor if it was ever a choice between the two. Some people under-estimating him, I think. Unless his injury is more serious than we know, he is a guaranteed 10-15 goals a season guy at least.

Deal was not going to happen once RD fell out with the new owner over the Tony Watt deal ....they were not going to allow us to have him
    Cheaply as they were paying percentage of his wages last season
    Then why the heck didn't we drop it weeks ago instead of having him train with us etc?
  • Move On
  • Rothko said:

Shame, but not the end of the world

nothing in football is = to the end of the world...
  • As long as we invested the money I wouldn't be that upset. I've a nagging doubt about Igor.

I've heard it all now. Yes, lets get rid of our top 3 goalscorers last season (Igor, Buyens & JBG)
  • Depends with what comes in instead.

Don't really see how it got to this point. Katrien said last season he wasn't cheap, so they knew his wages and what likely package it would be. If we were interested, it should have been done straight away. If not, there is no way he should have been over here training etc.
  • We dont need to be trading away any of the few decent first teamers we've got. We need to build up numbers, and we should have cash to do it. There are other wingers out there so whilst Bulot was decent it's not like we've missed out on Bale.

Do need some bodies in quick though, particularly on the wing.
  • Addicted said:

We dont need to be trading away any of the few decent first teamers we've got. We need to build up numbers, and we should have cash to do it. There are other wingers out there so whilst Bulot was decent it's not like we've missed out on Bale.

Do need some bodies in quick though, particularly on the wing.

There's always Harriott!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!