Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• I'm not going to read this damn thread anymore..you're all MAAAADDDD!

This is no time for faint hearts. We need another 361.7k views to get to the million milestone. Can we reach our target by the end of the month?
  • colin1961 said:

Looks like the Bulot deal is off, anyone still got Delort's dad on twitter?

Looks like SL telling Bulot he got to sign for another team who have made a better offer but Bulot wants to join us so think this will run ...
    I can never understand this. If a player doesn't want to go to a certain club then surely its down to him. All he has to do is NOT sign the contract....hardly rocket science - or does his agent tie him down & make him sign it by holding the pen in his mouth.
  • colin1961 said:

Looks like SL telling Bulot he got to sign for another team who have made a better offer but Bulot wants to join us so think this will run ...
    I can never understand this. If a player doesn't want to go to a certain club then surely its down to him. All he has to do is NOT sign the contract....hardly rocket science - or does his agent tie him down & make him sign it by holding the pen in his mouth.
    SL can't make Bulot sign for Reims. Bulot can't make SL sell to us.

It seems a case of who blinks first. I sadly suspect it'll be Bulot...
  • Looks like the Bulot deal is off, anyone still got Delort's dad on twitter?

Based on what? I seem to remember similar suggestions when the Vetokele deal hadn't gone through as quickly as expected.
  • colin1961 said:

I think its the player that holds the power in this case. If Bulot doesn't want to play for Reims then he won't agree personal terms and SL will be left with an unhappy player waiting for his contract to run down.
  • colin1961 said:

I think its the player that holds the power in this case. If Bulot doesn't want to play for Reims then he won't agree personal terms and SL will be left with an unhappy player waiting for his contract to run down.
    THIS
  • Just seen a tweet from bulot saying its off

Have just checked his twitter account and he had retweeted a comment from L'Equip about the Reims move but he's been doing that with Charlton fans for weeks, nothing other than that?

Have just checked his twitter account and he had retweeted a comment from L'Equip about the Reims move but he's been doing that with Charlton fans for weeks, nothing other than that?
    That retweet was 11 hours ago, the rumours about the deal collapsing only started a couple of hours ago and seem to be coming from numerous sources and parties.
  • Ashaddick said:

Just seen a tweet from bulot saying its off

That retweet was 11 hours ago, the rumours about the deal collapsing only started a couple of hours ago and seem to be coming from numerous sources and parties.
    Like the rumours we were in for Kramer, Le Fondre, De Sutter etc etc......until it is official I'll wait and see.

What will be will be. The world wont stop spinning if we don't sign Bulot.
  • Sponsored links:

• FB apparently page has a text conversation between a fan and Bulot and Bulot seems to imply it's off and Liege are the problem
  • His twitter bio also describes him as a Charlton player. Don't think it means much.
  • Ashaddick said:

Just seen a tweet from bulot saying its off

Like the rumours we were in for Kramer, Le Fondre, De Sutter etc etc......until it is official I'll wait and see.

What will be will be. The world wont stop spinning if we don't sign Bulot.
    No it won't but if we struggle to get this deal done when all parties knew the score and wanted it to happen then I'm worried about getting other perhaps more difficult deals over the line.

Not panicking but very concerned that we don't have the negotiating expertise required.

This
  • Swisdom said:

Is it that we don't have the expertise? Or is it we won't allow ourselves to be dicked in negotiations?

People pissed their pants that we wouldn't push the boat out for delort - if we'd paid £4m and he had a shocker there would be people in here exploding with rage.

Bulot has a price and wage requirement. We have a valuation and salary in mind. If there is no common ground then there's no deal.

Simple economics and I'm glad we are throwing silly money around just to appease some fans

That is one half of it but the guy seemed keen to join up and so you'd suspect his wages would fit within the club's budget.

SL are wanting too much money for him but the club could've avoided the whole fiasco by closing the deal in the early part of the summer, or even earlier in March or April.
  • KM has already commented last season that Bulot was expensive. If SL have put the fee up, then I assume he is out of our price range. Fair enough. We move on. He's decent, but not that good that I'd break the bank for him.
  • Swisdom said:

Is it that we don't have the expertise? Or is it we won't allow ourselves to be dicked in negotiations?

People pissed their pants that we wouldn't push the boat out for delort - if we'd paid £4m and he had a shocker there would be people in here exploding with rage.

Bulot has a price and wage requirement. We have a valuation and salary in mind. If there is no common ground then there's no deal.

Simple economics and I'm glad we are throwing silly money around just to appease some fans

Totally agree but I am starting to see the same pattern developing this summer as last.

Seems we identify players who fit the bill without much thought that they might be out of our wage structure. That's fine but our season preparation starts tomorrow and as far as I can see we have a lot of work to do.

Still time but who thought we would start last season without a centre forward.
  • edited July 2015

To say that Roland might not have the expertise is crazy... The man has been involved in Football for a few years now and sold Axel Witsel to Benfica for £8m / Steven Defour and Eliaquim Mangala to Porto for £20m... He know how to do deals with other clubs, the difference is that he is nobody's mug, he has a set value for a player and if the other club want more then he'll tell them where to go and I respect that

That's all well and good but my feeling is that RD could have avoided a situation where the player is priced out by his parent club by finalizing the deal sooner (i.e prior to the sale of SL).

That makes me think that he really isn't all that bothered about Bulot. If he was he'd be a Charlton player by now.
  • Sponsored links:

• In terms of first team appearance makers who have left vs. those we have bought, are we up or down in numbers?

We were short for most of last season so was expecting to be +4 by now.
  • edited July 2015
    Not usually too bothered, let's face it 99.9% of the time Charlton are just Charlton and I have got used to that over the years, especially when it come to signing players. It's just fucking agonising.

Neither am I in the anti RD camp but I find our dealings since he rode into town very baffling. It's been a wet fart of a week on the signings front especially after the fanfare the week before but if the Bulot stuff does fall through as rumored, "what the feck is going on?"

I reckon he's going to cut his losses personally, he reckons we are a mid table Championship side at best and we will be sold as, asap.

In the meantime I will be at Park View Road to be underwhelmed yet again and off we go!

• edited July 2015
    RUMOUR ALERT

Allegedly offered for Brightons Lua Lua

Some bloke claiming to be itk
  • 5 foot 11 inches, 24 years old, about one goal in ten, does a flip thingy if he ever scores.
  • Our dealings so far confirm to me that we are not looking at challenging for promotion. Which I find a little depressing. You just know come deadline day we'll be linked with a few which won't go through and we'll be left hoping for the loan window to open to fill gaps. And then come January we'll sign some network players.
  • Our dealings so far confirm to me that we are not looking at challenging for promotion. Which I find a little depressing. You just know come deadline day we'll be linked with a few which won't go through and we'll be left hoping for the loan window to open to fill gaps. And then come January we'll sign some network players.

If we're not, then I expect attendances to be poor, and supporters to react in a negative way.

• We are in a stronger position than we have been since 2011. A few more signings and we be fine. Keep the faith.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!