Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• We are still looking to sign a CB, CM and CF
  • Redhenry said:

We are still looking to sign a CB, CM and CF

...and another 4 and we might be ok.
  • I think the bare minimum needs to be two centre backs, cover at right back, a centre mid, a left mid and a striker.
  • I think we still need at least 2 more CBs, a cover RB and a LB if Wiggins leaves. A playmaker a winger seeing as Bulot is leaving and another striker.
  • Holmes-Dennis is a left sided player
  • Serge Gnabry from Arsenal hasn't traveled overseas with the squad now he's a lad with talent
  • Sponsored links:

• well, if the 2nd half today is anything to go by we are in deep s**t. With JJ & Moussa still not fit from last season so cant count on them in 4 weeks time and with Bikey obviously going then if we don't sign Bulot we have a very thin squad. If we then lose Wiggins & JBG then we have no hope - I cant see us signing the 8 or 9 players we need during the next month.

I can see us signing 8 or 9 players in the next month, it's the quality I'm worried about....................
  • colin1961 said:

Agreed BR7 ... there comes a time when you have to give youth a chance or what's the point of wasting 12 mill in approving the academy
    Tarriq Dennis and Grant to me are first team players

Sorry, what cost 12 million??
  • What is roger Johnson up to?, I'd happily sign him for a year
  • I thought we were level 2
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Agreed BR7 ... there comes a time when you have to give youth a chance or what's the point of wasting 12 mill in approving the academy
    Tarriq Dennis and Grant to me are first team players

Sorry, what cost 12 million??
    The re building of the training ground and Acadamy to get us back to level 1
    Only when Greenwich Council give the necessary planning permission.
  • What is roger Johnson up to?, I'd happily sign him for a year

Was presenting bbc breakfast this morning.
  • colin1961 said:

No 3 mate when we went into Div 1

i used to think people were just being harsh to you colin, but honestly, what planet are you living on?
  • dickplumb said:

You are so intransigent in your beliefs Colin that I can't take your views seriously. Put away the rose tinted specs. Surely even you can see our squad is woefully short of numbers and quality. I really thought that this would be the Season that RD strengthened our squad, but it is weaker so far than last season. I still do not understand what RDs plans are for us. With the lack of spending it certainly isn't getting us into the Premier League.

It's too soon to say that though isn't it. We make three more quality permanent signings and a couple of astute prem loans and all of a sudden the squad will look competitive.

I don't ever see us running with a squad of two in each position again. It's not sustainable and a reason why some clubs are skint. Freeing up wages by having a flexible and at least partly adaptive squad with a strong academy is I think how RD sees it.

Let's at least wait until the season starts and see where the squad is then.
    Yes I will wait to the end of the transfer window before I decide how strong our squad is. But I hope for the best but if I am being realistic i can't see too much changing.

• The squad right now clearly is understrength, but so what? A lot can change quickly. The Bulot thing falling through/dragging out (still could be either so far as I know) has got people worried but we're not totally screwed just yet. There's still more than enough time to bring more people through and until we actually know who those people are the rest is just speculation.

Could sign two or three proven Championship players over the next week for all we actually know. We could sign some no-names from the obscurest league in Europe, or even no-one at all. We don't know. And until we do, why get worked up and worried?
  • dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

You are so intransigent in your beliefs Colin that I can't take your views seriously. Put away the rose tinted specs. Surely even you can see our squad is woefully short of numbers and quality. I really thought that this would be the Season that RD strengthened our squad, but it is weaker so far than last season. I still do not understand what RDs plans are for us. With the lack of spending it certainly isn't getting us into the Premier League.

It's too soon to say that though isn't it. We make three more quality permanent signings and a couple of astute prem loans and all of a sudden the squad will look competitive.

I don't ever see us running with a squad of two in each position again. It's not sustainable and a reason why some clubs are skint. Freeing up wages by having a flexible and at least partly adaptive squad with a strong academy is I think how RD sees it.

Let's at least wait until the season starts and see where the squad is then.
    Yes I will wait to the end of the transfer window before I decide how strong our squad is. But I hope for the best but if I am being realistic i can't see too much changing.

Fair enough. I agree that the squad as it stands is not competitive and if we don't address that then we are in a relegation fight but I don't believe that the club doesn't also realise that.

I am confident that those "three" more permanents will stiffen us up and I do see Charlton now as an attractive place for premiership clubs to put their loans.

If by kick off we still haven't got at least three in then I too will be concerned.

• thenewbie said:

The squad right now clearly is understrength, but so what? A lot can change quickly. The Bulot thing falling through/dragging out (still could be either so far as I know) has got people worried but we're not totally screwed just yet. There's still more than enough time to bring more people through and until we actually know who those people are the rest is just speculation.

Could sign two or three proven Championship players over the next week for all we actually know. We could sign some no-names from the obscurest league in Europe, or even no-one at all. We don't know. And until we do, why get worked up and worried?

Welcome to Charlton Life @thenewbie :innocent:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!