Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• wmcf123 said:

Am I the only one who thinks we dont need a forward?
    Watt, Igor, Makeniok and Grant? Grant looked very sharp today and in good shape, I think he could step up.

There is potential in this statement. However, we don't know if the Danish guy will be any good, whether vetokele is over his Achilles injury, or whether KAG is ready. If we get positive conclusions to those three issues, it would be a huge bonus
    Reports on Makeniok from those watching his league are not promising - he seems to score goals (at a lower level) without bringing anything else to the party (like PP). Italians also didn't rate him and for the reported fee we could have bought Ciftci who can hold ball, take on players with pace and score goals, all from wide right. Igor is still crocked and Tony is less fit than when he joined us. Pigott told he can leave. Shame Josh Umeragh didn't get a run out as he and KAG may be our main strikeforce
    But Ciftci plays in a league that is arguably League 1 level and certainly no better than the Danish top division, and if, as you say, he plays wide right (where we currently have JBG) then you can't really compare with Makeniok who is a centre forward.
  • The Danish super league is comparable, and probably the closest thing, to the championship. A very physical and not that skilful league, bar the odd upcoming star or past their peak journeymen. I think he will do well for us.

So if you've watched Simon, what has he got that Pigott and PP don't? Does he hold the ball up well against CH brutes? Bully them? He admits to having no pace and 6'7" for crosses will be wasted if JBH cuts in from right and Bulot doesn't arrive on left.
  • The Danish super league is comparable, and probably the closest thing, to the championship. A very physical and not that skilful league, bar the odd upcoming star or past their peak journeymen. I think he will do well for us.

So if you've watched Simon, what has he got that Pigott and PP don't? Does he hold the ball up well against CH brutes? Bully them? He admits to having no pace and 6'7" for crosses will be wasted if JBH cuts in from right and Bulot doesn't arrive on left.
    Have you watched Makienok?

He won't have to have that much about him to be better than Pigott.
  • "Tony is less fit than when he joined us"

Waah?

Two months off as opposed to five months on bench for SL. Got lapped by JC and Fox over mile at Sparrows Lane. Only a guess but I'd say his only close season exercise was lifting his right arm. Good player but a fit Watt might be a great player.
    You have just described Derek Hales from the 70's and 80's. Didn't do him any harm.
  • No signings from other championship clubs yet?.
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

"Tony is less fit than when he joined us"

Waah?

Two months off as opposed to five months on bench for SL. Got lapped by JC and Fox over mile at Sparrows Lane. Only a guess but I'd say his only close season exercise was lifting his right arm. Good player but a fit Watt might be a great player.
    You have just described Derek Hales from the 70's and 80's. Didn't do him any harm.
    What? That's a bit like comparing Ian Botham with Jimmy Anderson!
  • edited July 2015
    Igor has pace, can hold up, out-bully CHs and decent in air for his size. Whether we will see best of him again is iffy. If I'd seen Simon's profile prior to signing I'd have not been impressed. Our scouting network needs to look beyond goals because Pete, George, Reza and Delort all had decent scoring records and were found wanting. Please recruit on attributes and skillset. Don't see Simon being the new Yann whereas Ciftci could have been if played central.
  • Bah humbug!
  • edited July 2015

wmcf123 said:

Am I the only one who thinks we dont need a forward?
    Watt, Igor, Makeniok and Grant? Grant looked very sharp today and in good shape, I think he could step up.

There is potential in this statement. However, we don't know if the Danish guy will be any good, whether vetokele is over his Achilles injury, or whether KAG is ready. If we get positive conclusions to those three issues, it would be a huge bonus
    Reports on Makeniok from those watching his league are not promising - he seems to score goals (at a lower level) without bringing anything else to the party (like PP). Italians also didn't rate him and for the reported fee we could have bought Ciftci who can hold ball, take on players with pace and score goals, all from wide right. Igor is still crocked and Tony is less fit than when he joined us. Pigott told he can leave. Shame Josh Umeragh didn't get a run out as he and KAG may be our main strikeforce
    Are you saying you rate Umerah higher than Makienok? Umerah is an 18 year old striker that's barely played for our u21s and only started to score regularly last season.

Makienok has a decent scoring record for one of the biggest clubs in Denmark, has played for his country and was signed by a Serie A club. He only made 4 appearances (all as a sub) for Palermo so I don't think Italians have much to judge him on.

He didn't break through at Palermo and we can't tell how he'll do for us but based on his career so far I suspect he'll have more to offer than PP or Pigott.

As for Ciftci have you seen him play full games or is this all based on YouTube clips and match reports? He looked like he had something about him but the SPL isn't exactly a high level.
  • edited July 2015
    Seen Umerah several full match streams and live. Handful of a player, power, pace lacks stamina. Stonking shot. Can't imagine any CH having an easy time.

Seen Ciftci televised Tangerine games and he is Yann with pace and step-overs. Clever and physical. Turks rate him.

Yes not seen the Dane but read reports from those that have. Who is he keeping out of the Danish squad? Not Bentner!
  • Sponsored links:

• Seen Umerah several full match streams and live. Handful of a player, power, pace lacks stamina. Stonking shot. Can't imagine any CH having an easy time.

Seen Ciftci televised Tangerine games and he is Yann with pace and step-overs. Clever and physical. Turks rate him.

Yes not seen the Dane but read reports from those that have. Who is he keeping out of the Danish squad?

Therefore your argument is about as sound as always.

Here's a fun fact: Simon Makienok has more senior international appearances for his country than Nadir Cifti, who has zero. Woops.
  • Seen Umerah several full match streams and live. Handful of a player, power, pace lacks stamina. Stonking shot. Can't imagine any CH having an easy time.

Yes not seen the Dane but read reports from those that have. Who is he keeping out of the Danish squad?

Here's a fun fact: Simon Makienok has more senior international appearances for his country than Nadir Cifti, who has zero. Woops.
    So 29 cap Simon Church is better than Harry Kane, Tony Watt, Charlie Austin, Igor?

So 29 cap Simon Church is better than Harry Kane, Tony Watt, Charlie Austin, Igor?

Nope, but then I never introduced the argument that failure to break into the national team is a sign of a poor player. That was you. In fact, if anything your point about Church just proves what cobblers your previous statement was. Try to keep up with your own nonsense.

Just to combine two threads together here, would you rather see Danny Haynes at the club than Simon Makienok?
  • Denmark > Wales
  • Wales are a top ten footballing nation.
  • They want Vetokele? Ok cool, we'll do a deal for 15m and Bulot.
  • If we can sell Igor, complete with limp, for a good fee, I would take that. I am concerned that his injury will render him the shadow of the player he once was.
  • I wonder what the reaction on here would be if we did actually sell to them?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!