Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Dizzle said:

Where is that rumour from? Surely we couldn't afford his wages anyway?

It was someone talking on Twitter about FIFA15 and putting him in his Charlton team !

Not a rumour at all.
  • From Twitter in the last few hours:

@EngancheEN: Charlton Athletic are apparently looking at signing Fredrik Brustad for £200k. The Norwegian attacker wants to live in London. #cafc

@EngancheEN: him and Joey Barton are now the top targets #cafc

Quite a few tweets from cafc fans reacting to Joey Barton rumours earlier today - can't seem to see where they initially saw the rumour though.
  • From Twitter in the last few hours:

@EngancheEN: Charlton Athletic are apparently looking at signing Fredrik Brustad for £200k. The Norwegian attacker wants to live in London. #cafc

@EngancheEN: him and Joey Barton are now the top targets #cafc

Quite a few tweets from cafc fans reacting to Joey Barton rumours earlier today - can't seem to see where they initially saw the rumour though.

Fredrik Brustad only signed for AIK Stockholm in January... Anyway if he does sign, I wonder when we'll sign a Finn and Swede to complete the Scandinavian set of Happy Families
  • Brustad has roughly 1in 3 - decent for a striker but very decent given he often plays on the wing.

6'3" so another big one
  • Reckon there's nothing in it. The twitter account has only 28 followers.
  • edited July 2015
    'The Norwegian attacker wants to live in London.' Haha well there you go then
  • Rossman92 said:

Joey barton? ?

No.....just....no! Rather shave my ball bag with a rusty razor
    Il do the same, no shaving cream either
    Use VEET.
  • Rossman92 said:

Joey barton? ?

Use VEET.
    Double sided sticky tape is cheaper.

" Here's one I did earlier" .......

:wink:

• Rossman92 said:

Joey barton? ?

Use VEET.
    A rusty razor or super glue are the only ways to go. VEET isn't quite manly enough for me
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

I know there is still time, but I have been disappointed with the number of players brought in so far. Releasing fifteen players and selling two in Lepoint and Gomez with a possible third going in Harriott, has left the squad emaciated. I hear there will be further outgoings in Pope and Pigott. Bulot looks like the only incoming this week. We need another five players to give us a chance. I must say I thought RD would be pushing the boat out a bit more in the quality of signings, but so far he is keeping his money firmly in his pocket.
    Let us hope that in the next month to six weeks we see some more quality arrive.

Let's wait. Signing the right players is never straightforward. Everyone at this point is jockeying for position. We will win some and lose some but I'm sure that we'll start the season stronger than we finished it.

• Agree with @dickplumb. And while the three we've brought in appear to be half decent, I would have liked to get some players with championship exp. Hopefully they're next.
  • So far the first XI for welling is:

Henderson
    Solly Bikey Bauer Wiggins
    JBG Jackson Diarra Cousins
    Vetokele Watt

Pope, Dmitrovic, Fox, Lennon, Holmes-Dennis, Makienok, Moussa, Ba, Ahearne-Grant, Pigott, Ansah and maybe Harriott available for the bench. Anyone missing? Hope we have a few trialists training with us at the moment!
  • sam3110 said:

So far the first XI for welling is:

Henderson
    Vetokele Watt

Pope, Dmitrovic, Fox, Lennon, Holmes-Dennis, Makienok, Moussa, Ba, Ahearne-Grant, Pigott, Ansah and maybe Harriott available for the bench. Anyone missing? Hope we have a few trialists training with us at the moment!

Obileye .He made a big impact at Dagenham last season and has signed a two year deal . Thomas ,Muldoon .
  • Richard J said:

sam3110 said:

Henderson
    Vetokele Watt

Obileye .He made a big impact at Dagenham last season and has signed a two year deal . Thomas ,Muldoon .
    I knew a couple of the main youth were missing.

Still not a full second strong side though unfortunately. We don't have enough wingers, centre backs, central midfielders or right back cover. I'm hoping at least Bulot, a CB, a CM and another RM are signed between now and Welling
  • sam3110 said:

Richard J said:

sam3110 said:

Henderson
    Vetokele Watt

I knew a couple of the main youth were missing.

Still not a full second strong side though unfortunately. We don't have enough wingers, centre backs, central midfielders or right back cover. I'm hoping at least Bulot, a CB, a CM and another RM are signed between now and Welling
    I think that you will only see one signing before Welling and that will be Bulot. Even that signing is not nailed on.
  • I guess you may see a couple of the U18s against Welling as well, two or three usually end up getting some minutes themselves (i.e. Barnes maybe as Solly backup or Umerah after his goals last term maybe?)
  • No one to play on the left other than Cousins if Harriott leaves and Bulot doesn't sign in time, maybe Ba and Jackson, with Diarra and Bauer at the back?
  • Sponsored links:

• Holmes Dennis can play left midfield.
  • If circumstances lead to virtually no more signings we have to promote the youth with the risks yet the opportunities that would mean.
  • sam3110 said:

No one to play on the left other than Cousins if Harriott leaves and Bulot doesn't sign in time, maybe Ba and Jackson, with Diarra and Bauer at the back?

Moussa, although I'm not sure if he will be ready by then.
  • Makienok has not been brought in to sit on the bench. It will be Watt and igor fighting it out for a place along side him.
    Unless of course he is pony!
    Chill out dickie old boy players will arrive
  • I don't know where this sudden supposition there will be no more signings seems to have come from. I mean, if Blackpool last season somehow managed to cobble together a squad to face the season then there is absolutely no chance that we can't do the same. How good those players will be remains to be seen and whether we get more business done before Welling is up in the air but there'll be more players coming in time.

Frankly, I am seeing the relatively slow signing rate as a good sign - from the players we've signed so far and the fact they've actually addressed weaknesses in the squad it seems that Roly's shopping smart not fast this time around. I'd rather wait and have to negotiate to get a player Luzon actually wants/needs rather than seeing a player going cheap and signing him up without any thought of where he's actually going to fit into the squad.
  • thenewbie said:

I don't know where this sudden supposition there will be no more signings seems to have come from. I mean, if Blackpool last season somehow managed to cobble together a squad to face the season then there is absolutely no chance that we can't do the same. How good those players will be remains to be seen and whether we get more business done before Welling is up in the air but there'll be more players coming in time.

Frankly, I am seeing the relatively slow signing rate as a good sign - from the players we've signed so far and the fact they've actually addressed weaknesses in the squad it seems that Roly's shopping smart not fast this time around. I'd rather wait and have to negotiate to get a player Luzon actually wants/needs rather than seeing a player going cheap and signing him up without any thought of where he's actually going to fit into the squad.

Remind me where they finished again?
    I would if it was at all relevant. The point I was making is that anyone who seriously thinks that we've had all our incomings and there's going to be no more to come is either delusional or an idiot. I did specifically note that I have no idea if the players will be good enough... because that's not the point I was addressing.

Carry on.
  • thenewbie said:

thenewbie said:

I don't know where this sudden supposition there will be no more signings seems to have come from. I mean, if Blackpool last season somehow managed to cobble together a squad to face the season then there is absolutely no chance that we can't do the same. How good those players will be remains to be seen and whether we get more business done before Welling is up in the air but there'll be more players coming in time.

Remind me where they finished again?
    I would if it was at all relevant. The point I was making is that anyone who seriously thinks that we've had all our incomings and there's going to be no more to come is either delusional or an idiot. I did specifically note that I have no idea if the players will be good enough... because that's not the point I was addressing.

Carry on.
    You're the one who wanted to make it relevant, not me.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!