Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Laddick01 said:

Tony Watt just started following Jelle Vossen on Instagram. Anything in it?

Probably just coincidence, but would be a top quality 4th striker!
    Has he been linked with Celtic?
  • Loco said:

Laddick01 said:

Tony Watt just started following Jelle Vossen on Instagram. Anything in it?

Probably just coincidence, but would be a top quality 4th striker!
    Has he been linked with Celtic?
    Only on this site...... I end up so confused
  • Anything happening with that Kramer?

Allegedly, he broke up with the Dakotas.

Listen, do you want to know a secret? It was all the fault of little children.
  • Bulot training with the squad yesterday according to someone on Facebook.
  • you mean if...
  • you mean if...

If you are referring to my post re Bulot signing then yes. He is a very known quantity so hardly a gamble for us. I have an inkling that we are waiting to offload before committing. I'm confident it will happen. Both sides want it. It's not as if RD hasn't been paying his wages already.

• Sponsored links:

• Agree. Let's hope it all fits together because wages could be a complicated back story.
  • But surely a cap on wages is a good idea? I would rather us be run sensibly and within our means, rather than spunking lots of money on over paid and over rated players. Much rather be sensible and use youth players whereever possible

In theory, absolutely yes. But it depends what this (hypothetical at present) wage cap actually IS. Say for example and using numbers I've pulled completely out of thin air Bulot wants £1000 a week, RD's policy is no-one gets more than £800. Will we absolutely refuse to bend as far as £850-900 for a player we KNOW fits in and enjoys it here and fits in with the other players and the manager? That would be a shame.

Alternatively, if we went for (for argument's sake) Kramer and so did (hypothetically) the Massives. He wants to come here instead of there but they offer a better wage, a wage we COULD afford if we pushed the boat out but would make balancing the books harder and we miss out?

The question I am asking is whether we are being run 'within our means' or RD has set a bunch of financial restrictions/guidelines for the sake of his experiment. And it is a question, I am not for one minute suggesting that it has happened - Bulot could be asking for considerably more than the likes of JBG and this would certainly cause problems. We just don't know.
  • Bearing in mind Bulot would be coming from a club previously owned by RD you would think a similar wage structure would have been in place so Bulot would know the score. Interesting to know what kind of wages Liege players were on
  • edited July 2015
    We shouldn't pay Bulot too much. He isn't anywhere near JBG's league
  • We shouldn't play Bulot too much. He isn't anywhere near JBG's league

The worry is he isn't going to be anywhere near JBG's team :-)
  • The only Bulot worth the wage is the post African Nations Cup Bulot. Prior to that he was very lightweight.
  • Thing is Bulot is already being paid by RD so if there is a wage cap he'll be surely be beneath it, I guess like with Gudmundsson he knows that with 12-months left, Roland can either give him more money to stay or risk losing him for nothing next year
  • Yeah, I am not arguing with the principle. But as with so much in the RD era, this is all guess work and supposition, we don't have a clue what the wage cap is, in fact it's merely supposition there even is such a thing. I think with Bulot specifically, Liege (being in a higher division and the 'centrepiece' of the network) the wage cap would have been higher there than one here. Unless with the sale of Liege then RD decides to raise the financial bar here at Charlton...

All guesswork! I need to find something to do with my weekends in the off season.
  • Sponsored links:

• We shouldn't play Bulot too much. He isn't anywhere near JBG's league

Bulot plays on the left and JBG plays on the right as an inverted winger.

Not playing Bulot would be ridiculous.
  • colin1961 said:

Bulot will sign .... Don't think there a major problem ........ Could be work permit ? The club making sure there will be no problem in getting one .

Did he need a work permit last August? His father is French and Bulot played at u16 to u21 for France over 50 times.
  • shirty5 said:

colin1961 said:

Bulot will sign .... Don't think there a major problem ........ Could be work permit ? The club making sure there will be no problem in getting one .

Did he need a work permit last August? His father is French and Bulot played at u16 to u21 for France over 50 times.
    I would be very surprised if he doesn't hold a French passport and therefore not require a work permit.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!