Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spanners v Charlton - Post match fury

Comments

• Notice how you've decided to judge his entire attitude based on one incident. The difference between him and Mccormack, MacLeod or Mills is that their attitude was shockingly bad. Mills in particular should have done better in his second spell but decided to get sent off.

Your third paragraph is complete rubbish. Most of his runs are made before the ball is played and help draw the defenders out of position.

Did you call Chris Eagles a disgrace when he missed that golden headed opportunity against Reading? Church's finishing is poor, yes, but there are lots of other strikers at this level who can be accused of the same thing.

Going back to your disgrace comment - you're doing him a great disservice by calling him that because I think he puts in as much effort as he can but is limit by his lack of natural talent. Calling him a disgrace makes him one of the villains in our history, which he certainly isn't.
  • edited April 2015

Notice how you've decided to judge his entire attitude based on one incident. The difference between him and Mccormack, MacLeod or Mills is that their attitude was shockingly bad. Mills in particular should have done better in his second spell but decided to get sent off.

Your third paragraph is complete rubbish. Most of his runs are made before the ball is played and help draw the defenders out of position.

Did you call Chris Eagles a disgrace when he missed that golden headed opportunity against Reading? Church's finishing is poor, yes, but there are lots of other strikers at this level who can be accused of the same thing.

Going back to your disgrace comment - you're doing him a great disservice by calling him that because I think he puts in as much effort as he can but is limit by his lack of natural talent. Calling him a disgrace makes him one of the villains in our history, which he certainly isn't.

I didn't call Chris Eagles a disgrace, because his record isn't 1 goal every 10 games or so.

Watch him play next time he comes on or starts. A lot of his sprints are actually in the direction of our own goal, as he will start to run behind their defender who is in possession of the ball.

You keep going on about effort. Again - this is a guy who cups his ears to the fans who pay his wages after being largely dreadful for us. That for me is disgraceful.

I'm basing my opinions on what I've seen week in and week out. Don't see why you're trying to argue against it, as there is very little to suggest he has been anything short of abysmal in his time here.
  • JMP said:

If it makes you all feel abit better, we are not actually that bad. Just struggling to score goals.

Well, we was.

Were
  • WSS said:

Fox who setup the goal yeah?

Here's there to defend !!! Just cos he set a goal up doesn't make him better defensively.
    Chris you were fired. Please just concentrate on Huddersfield now - you need to keep the 250 match unbeaten run going.
  • dizzee said:

JMP said:

If it makes you all feel abit better, we are not actually that bad. Just struggling to score goals.

Well, we was.

Were
    don't encourage them.
  • cafctom said:

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

thenewbie said:

cafctom said:

cafc4life said:

cafctom said:

cafc4life said:

cafctom said:

"Yeah but let's give Church another one year deal as Luzon will get the best out of him and he runs around etc etc"

Load of bollocks. Ship him off the moment the season is over. Hopeless. Disgrace to the shirt.

Blaming Church now for us losing? Bore off you idiot
    For missing an absolute sitter which he didn't even come close to scoring when it was 1-1. Who else should be blamed for that?
    It wasn't a sitter. If Watt had missed it no one would of said a thing. Your just looking for another excuse to dig him out .
    Watt would have at least made a connection with the ball.

So why didn't we score that then? The cross? The rain getting in his eyes? You tell me why he barely even made a connection with the ball.
    Since when did Watt actually score a header? Actually, how often does even win headers? Generally that's Igor's role. Watt's got a lot of talent no question but aerial prowess is not really in his skillset on current evidence. Maybe Church COULD have done better with one chance but the other was far too high, no striker in the league has a 1:1 chance:goal ratio so putting all the blame on Church is ridiculous.
    So its OK that he missed a free header? Even though he is a six foot "striker"?
    No. It's a bad miss and he should have done better.

It's what you said earlier, that he is the one to blame for us losing, that I take issue with. He wasn't responsible for us playing poorly throughout the game. Nor for us being down to 10 men. Nor for Watt and Vetokele having poor games. Nor for the ricochet that fell to Gueye for the equaliser. Nor for Hooiveld reacting quicker than Johnson for the winner.
    Sorry can you point out where I said he was responsible for us losing?
    When cafc4life said "Blaming Church now for us losing?" you didn't dispute it there. Your reply suggested that that was what you were saying. Apologies if I misinterpreted, but that's how it came across.

Still, it's good that you don't disagree with anything else I said. So will you retract what you said about Church being a 'disgrace to the shirt'?
    Hang on, so you're telling me that I suggested we lost because of Church based on something I didn't actually say? Ha, OK.

No I won't retract what I said. The guy scores 5 goals in approximately 50 games and has the nerve to cup his ears to the North Stand when he scores in a League Cup game against Colchester. I don't care how much he runs around, he clearly hasn't done enough in training to develop himself into a better player.
    A league one player at best.
  • Church is absolutely shocking and the 30th of June can't come quickly enough so my hard earned money can stop paying his wages.
  • cafctom said:

Notice how you've decided to judge his entire attitude based on one incident. The difference between him and Mccormack, MacLeod or Mills is that their attitude was shockingly bad. Mills in particular should have done better in his second spell but decided to get sent off.

I didn't call Chris Eagles a disgrace, because his record isn't 1 goal every 10 games or so.

Watch him play next time he comes on or starts. A lot of his sprints are actually in the direction of our own goal, as he will start to run behind their defender who is in possession of the ball.

You keep going on about effort. Again - this is a guy who cups his ears to the fans who pay his wages after being largely dreadful for us. That for me is disgraceful.

I'm basing my opinions on what I've seen week in and week out. Don't see why you're trying to argue against it, as there is very little to suggest he has been anything short of abysmal in his time here.
    I'm not arguing that Church has been particularly good for us. I think abysmal is too harsh though. I'd say he's a League 1level player, brought in because we had no-one else, who has given his all for the club. That, for me, can never be a disgrace.

By your logic Eagles should be a disgrace because he should have spent more time on the training field learning how to head the ball properly. He learned his trade at Man U, so surely he should be as good at finishing as Rooney?

You keep going on about one incident. Imagine thousands of people were telling you that you were crap at your job and then you did something right. Would you not at least feel the urge to do something like that? And did you criticise Wilson when he did the same last Boxing Day? He didn't do it when he scored at Blackpool the other week. You also seem to think it means he holds the fans in contempt, which I don't think is true.
  • Cursed.

Feckin gypsy cursed

This, this .. and T H I S
  • cafctom said:

I'm not arguing that Church has been particularly good for us. I think abysmal is too harsh though. I'd say he's a League 1level player, brought in because we had no-one else, who has given his all for the club. That, for me, can never be a disgrace.

By your logic Eagles should be a disgrace because he should have spent more time on the training field learning how to head the ball properly. He learned his trade at Man U, so surely he should be as good at finishing as Rooney?

You keep going on about one incident. Imagine thousands of people were telling you that you were crap at your job and then you did something right. Would you not at least feel the urge to do something like that? And did you criticise Wilson when he did the same last Boxing Day? He didn't do it when he scored at Blackpool the other week. You also seem to think it means he holds the fans in contempt, which I don't think is true.
    Chris Eagles played at Manchester United as a teenager, he hasn't been playing with those players for about 10 years. I'm confident he will be more of a success for us than Church, think that is clear to see.

And as for "people telling Church he was crap" - yes, they were on social media and online forums. On match days, when it mattered, he was getting support like every other player on the pitch. If I'd scored 3 goals in about 35 games then I wouldn't have the nerve to start cupping ears to the fans as if they were responsible for me being inept.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has he slept with your Mrs?
  • Well said Brentfordaddick.

And it is utterly laughable to accuse Church of blaming the fans for his own failings. Unless of course you have evidence that he does?
  • I suppose a 3 point gift for Fulham on tuesday night is out of the question?
  • Was in a Stockholm bar desperately trying to keep up with the game via twitter on the pubs sh*tty wifi. Soul destroying when I got the update saying they'd got a winner. Only twenty minutes before I'd given a poor old Swedish woman the fright of her life celebrating our goal!

Some things just don't change do they? Sounds like quite a gutsy performance but doesn't make the results any better. Really thought we were going to do it this time. Hopefully we can make up for it slightly tomorrow night, I haven't seen us beat Fulham for years.

Also no chance in hell that I would not mind us losing tomorrow because it would help send Millwall down.
  • "Sounds like quite a gutsy performance..." No, gutless like all the previous ones against them.
  • "Sounds like quite a gutsy performance..." No, gutless like all the previous ones against them.

Really....?...... We had 10 men for the majority of the game, most of the players were absolutely shattered at the end.....Oh and we almost won with 10 men.
    Personally I am very proud of all of them.......!

Agreed mate, the team just didn't turn up, were awful and Millwall deserved their win, so dissapointing after the way we have played recently.

Mind you not as dissapointing as the behaviour of a couple of idiots at the beamback. We were all gutted when they took the lead, but some big fat slob at the front took it upon hiself to go up to the big screen and scream c*nt this and c*nt that at the top of his voice. Loads of woman and children all around him, total embarrassment, and we moan about the behaviour of their fans!!
  • All players miss chances. It wasn't a terrible miss. Timed his jump a bit wrong. Frustrating as it was a key moment, but he didn't mean to miss.
  • Well you threw that away didn't you. What was Solly thinking!!?

We had two players who could barely control the ball or make a completed pass and we still somehow won. I thought this would be your year.

What was really strange was just how many Charlton had their tops off and were swinging them around their heads in sheer euphoria at leading lowly Millwall.

All that bottle throwing too and letting off flares, surprised so many Millwall fans made it in to your end to act like that.
  • Sponsored links:

• It will still be our year when we see you relegated.
  • It will still be our year when we see you relegated.

Will you have a Millwall relegation party? Think you care more than we do!
  • Essex_Al said:

"Sounds like quite a gutsy performance..." No, gutless like all the previous ones against them.

Agreed mate, the team just didn't turn up, were awful and Millwall deserved their win, so dissapointing after the way we have played recently.

Mind you not as dissapointing as the behaviour of a couple of idiots at the beamback. We were all gutted when they took the lead, but some big fat slob at the front took it upon hiself to go up to the big screen and scream c*nt this and c*nt that at the top of his voice. Loads of woman and children all around him, total embarrassment, and we moan about the behaviour of their fans!!
    What a charmer he was!

• The most annoying thing yesterday apart from the result was the fcking bird hanging from the stand.

It will still be our year when we see you relegated.

Will you have a Millwall relegation party? Think you care more than we do!
    Open top bus, mate.

• I would care if we were getting relegated. Would be a bit worrying if Millwall don't care about the prospect. It might take a while to get out of League One too - look at Sheffield United. I wont be having a Millwall relegation party and neither will most Charlton fans, we will just be having a good laugh about it. Millwall had the joy of beating us then saw Rotherham pick up 3 points yesterday which surely brought them back to earth.
  • I was towards the front of the away end on the right-hand side (row B ) so I had a reasonably good view. Though if no-one else has seen it then the headbutt was probably a figment of my imagination.

I'm a bit late to this party but Solly certainly leaned forward with the headbutt in the first half from where I was sitting. Wasn't a clean connection though, but I was expecting the red card to come out at that point.
  • Have we appealed sending off?
  • I was towards the front of the away end on the right-hand side (row B ) so I had a reasonably good view. Though if no-one else has seen it then the headbutt was probably a figment of my imagination.

I'm a bit late to this party but Solly certainly leaned forward with the headbutt in the first half from where I was sitting. Wasn't a clean connection though, but I was expecting the red card to come out at that point.
    He was fired up for it. Went flying in to another tackle too and took a player out. Thought here we go. Then he decided to play goalie.
  • I can't understand how any fan would not be bothered about relegation. League One is a shocker and I'd be gutted if we had to play at that level again.
  • HandG said:

I can't understand how any fan would not be bothered about relegation. League One is a shocker and I'd be gutted if we had to play at that level again.

decent points hall when we were there though