Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spanners v Charlton - Post match fury

Comments

• Make no mistake, they will stay up.
    That's why I hate all this premature gloating - only comes back to bite you in the arse.

That's really far from certain.

They've still got to play Watford, Derby and Wolves. Throw in 2 far from easy trips to Cardiff and Blackburn and a game against Wigan that Wigan themselves can't afford to lose and it's a far from easy run-in.

We may still be celebrating.
    Too true, they are going down, scum of the earth going to hell.
  • Same old same old. Yeah a shite homer ref but can't blame him. Despite being the better footballing team just didn't get going as usual in this fixture. Watt sub was way too early and made a big difference imo. Ah well just have to live with the facts that they always get a result against us despite being crap and having the worst fans outside the top teams. The glory hunters of the lower leagues.
  • I take heart from the fact that we have given them hope. And as we know it is Hope that kills.
    We wont be playing them next year.
  • Like Seth before the game I predicted we would get a player sent off and they would score in injury time. I was almost right. They get lucky against us for some reason.
    Went into Harry's bar before the game. The guy in the bar next to me walked off with a tray of drinks without paying! I think he got away with it.
    Solly was an idiot putting his face into the millwall player - Gregory?
    Looked like a penalty to me from amongst the scum. Their fans really are a rough lot!
    We started poorly, didn't win many tackles or get the second balls or start to battle until the sending off, although our forwards broke free a couple of times and might have done better.
    A big surprise when we did score. Wonderful to see our crowd celebrate.
    Millwall were truly dire but their first goal was well hit.
    They will lose against Watford.
    I'm pretty sure they will go down.
    As for us, the same old...
  • 24 shots by millwall 7 by us.
    Before solly went it was already 8 shots to 1.
    Sending off was right .Please explain how the ref was responsible for the defeat.They were all over us before the sending off and it just continued.
    Made my first visit to the den in 1968/9 and can only recall one victory.Dont think I have ever seen us beat them at the valley.Today was my last visit to "hades/the den".
    Seldom have I seen a winning goal celebrated my a home crowd with such joy/relief /hatred it will live with me for avery long time.
  • Just looked at their fixtures. We won't have to put up with them next year.
  • The ref was at fault for not sending the scorer of their winner off & not picking up on numerous fouls/tackles. But you are right he is not to blame for the defeat. Just didn't help matters
  • Having been there today I am absolutely convinced that millwall really hate us.[I know they hate everyone cos they are scum etc etc] but they sometimes pretend they dont care about us today proved that is a lie.
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:

Just looked at their fixtures. We won't have to put up with them next year.

Yes. Let them enjoy their little victory. He who laughs last...
  • Ref was a little girl.
  • Rothko said:

I hope Mick Russell has a career ending accident

This
  • Really thought we were going to turn them over this time, my cup was half full prior to 3pm. Now my bottle of Smirnoff is half empty. It's never going to happen is it?
  • redsek said:

masicat said:

Just looked at their fixtures. We won't have to put up with them next year.

Yes. Let them enjoy their little victory. He who laughs last...
    Agree, all we have done by losing is given them a faint hope, a small belief that they can stay up. It will make their lives even harder having this tiny bit of belief but still failing to remain in this division. I look forward to their pain, they are doomed, I say doomed.
  • Rothko said:

I hope Mick Russell has a career ending accident

Now come on, no matter what you thought of his performance you should never wish... Oh you mean todays ref? Yeah, f*** that guy.
  • Sounds like they deserved it. Move on. I've felt worse after defeats. Onto next season now. This one will just fizzle out.
  • We all knew what was coming as soon as the equaliser went in. Did anyone else see Yoni Buyens in our end? Hardly the actions of a player who feels no affinity for the club and definitely leaving in the summer, maybe he's staying. I think we missed him today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope we get some decent video of the Solly cards. Listening to Pete and Tel they were incensed that it was a case of a simple confrontation between two players in each other's faces yet only Solly got booked. But @EpsomAddick in his excellent report above thinks he saw a headbutt from Solly. Very unSolly like, if so.

On the other hand we have Charlton people including Luzon himself saying the ball hit him in the face and he has the cut to prove it. But Pete came back on after half time and rather sheepishly told us that the Charlton "analyst" (whoever he is ) said it was a stonewall penalty. Presumably this analyst had access to video with unlimited playback.

Of course it's important. Yes teams get a result with 10 men but this happened after only 20 minutes and it was Chris Solly. You can't say we'd have lost anyway. We did of course, but it's important that refereeing decisions are scrutinised, just like every other professional person's performance is.
  • Missed it today, really wanted to go and thought it was our time.

I will make sure I have a beer or a bottle of bubbly when they are relegated though!
  • edited April 2015
    I was towards the front of the away end on the right-hand side (row B ) so I had a reasonably good view. Though if no-one else has seen it then the headbutt was probably a figment of my imagination.
  • It's very clearly handball by Solly, unfortunately.
  • Posting without DRINKING !!

From my vantage point I thought we were unlucky not to come away with at least a point, after we had taken the lead. Solly did, certainly, what I would of wanted him to do when his first tackle was a crunching one which 'fairly' upended the Millwall player as his momentum took him through, he then didn't shy away and pushed his head in to another Millwall player on another occasion for which I felt he was unfairly booked. If _ as there seems to be some doubt _ he did handle then that was his only mistake as Hendo was behind him. Given the refs treatment of Solly then I guess we do have some reasons to feel he was inconsistent with some decisions in our favour, especially when Igor fell and their 5 had not long been booked.

Harriott was dreadful first half and much improved second. Watt and Igor worked their socks off, especially Igor playing in front of Fox in midfield. Other than the goal, didn't think Diarra earned his spurs today. ROJO and Fox did ok, Gomez showed real class today.. Attacking wise, thought our midfield was a bit lightweight. Henderson was my MOM. Oh and those saying Church fluffed a simple chance near the end, maybe if he he was a foot taller, I felt the cross was slightly overhit.

There's been a lot of criticism on here, I guess because we're pissed that we lost, but I certainly felt most of the players tried their hardest. Ultimately, playing 60 mins 1 man down was always going to become a tougher ask as the clock wound down.

I won't miss coming here if they do go down. Onwards and upwards. Let's forget this match and end the season on a high and build for next season.
  • fuck millwall, fuck the ref, fuck this season
  • p.s tony i still love you
  • It ruined my 18th birthday!