Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spanners v Charlton - Post match fury

Comments

• edited April 2015
    kevtherev said:

The joke that the football league show is, didn't reply handball in slow mo. I viewed several times in freeze frame and see ball hit hand or face?

Don't understand what your saying ?

Cheers Peter forgot 2 games for 10 Cards, Back to the drawing board for team selection on Tuesday.

• wellwickman
    Think we were undone by the fortnight break. Flying with 7 wins from 9 but the rest done us no favours.
    Sense of urgency of a side staring into the abyss ultimately undoing a team with nothing to play for. They probably won't survive as Rotherham go to Leeds on final day.
    We need them to survive so we can have yet another crack of nailing the hoodoo.

• Wellwickman
    Lads should put on a good show Tuesday night and then head for the beach.
    Wall were dead if we could've held on but Solly sending off the turning point as
    Chasing with 10 this late into the season not going to bear fruit.

• Wall will do well to survive In view of that fixture list.
    Starting with Eagles, Igyor and Watt an end of season set up leaving us shy in midfield.
    Eagles in any event sacrificed with Solly's early exit.

• Ha, fair play to Diarra for scoring without playing !
  • edited April 2015
    I have no fury, just blind acceptance. I will allow the younger and more positively minded amongst us your optimism that one day things will change. We cannot explain it, it belongs up there with Alien Abduction, The Bermuda Triangle and Bigfoot, we are utterly jinxed against them and there is the mystery.

As I struggle painfully from out behind the sofa, yes Charlton you have ruined my weekend again, a Bank Holiday one as well, thanks! but I still love you. I am also still inordinately grateful that I am an Addick and not one of those bastards. Apologies to the tame Spanners that get on here, fair play to you but I would not give Millwall Football Club the steam off my piss.

So there you go, our hopes dashed for another year (hopefully more...) and after all it is ONLY football...
  • vffvff
    edited April 2015
    Curb_It said:

Quality journalism from the Daily Mirror! What a shocker.

Ha, fair play to Diarra for scoring without playing !

Great to see Kermogant arrive on 83 mins as well
  • vff said:

Curb_It said:

Just in time to head that great cross in from the left in the 85th minute.

• When i was the manager in youth football the opposition defender put his hands up to protect his face like Solly and the hard shot hit his fingers before smashing into the lad's face and being cleared off the line. Because of the nose bleed the delay went on for ages and i was sorry for the lad but said to ref and other manager it's got to be a sending off.
    The Ref said with the help of the other manager who was in his ear for 5 minutes while trying to sort out the nose bleed that the hand ball didn't stop the goal but his face did.
    So Ref gave Penalty (which we scored) But didn't send off the player, he let the sub come on in his place. i wish he had the whistle yesterday !

The main difference was we went on to win so gave the Ref an average mark.

In the big bad world of pro football our luck this season on escaping penalties(a couple of TBH's i can remember) was always going to go at Millwall.

Getting harangued at kids football matches probably puts lots of refs off who could do better jobs than those who stick at it.
  • Sponsored links:

• When i was the manager in youth football the opposition defender put his hands up to protect his face like Solly and the hard shot hit his fingers before smashing into the lad's face and being cleared off the line. Because of the nose bleed the delay went on for ages and i was sorry for the lad but said to ref and other manager it's got to be a sending off.
    The Ref said with the help of the other manager who was in his ear for 5 minutes while trying to sort out the nose bleed that the hand ball didn't stop the goal but his face did.
    So Ref gave Penalty (which we scored) But didn't send off the player, he let the sub come on in his place. i wish he had the whistle yesterday !

The main difference was we went on to win so gave the Ref an average mark.

In the big bad world of pro football our luck this season on escaping penalties(a couple of TBH's i can remember) was always going to go at Millwall.

Getting harangued at kids football matches probably puts lots of refs off who could do better jobs than those who stick at it.
    That's why i said about not giving too low a mark as they need encouraging.
    In the 7 aside league before they were 11 years old the home team manager or coach tended to Ref, but as their was no offside their was not too many hassles. The fun and games stated as they got older and the off side rule came in on the big pitches with the 11 aside game. It must be getting worse now with phase 1 or 2 of the offside law.
    I wondered if there's many Michael Oliver's still coming through ?

• Surely if this weekend tells us anything it is that Millwall, without a shadow of a doubt, are the true scum. Palace are a distant second.
  • edited April 2015
    Enjoyed yesterday apart from the last 15 mins of the match. Great atmosphere, absolutely blinding when Hendo saved the pen & we scored.
    Shame about the inevitable ending.

I really really really can't understand all this ref/Solly nonsense.

Solly put both arms up and tried to stop the ball goalkeeper stylee. The ball went through his hands and hit him in the face.

He deliberately hand balled a shot that was going in. It couldn't have been more deliberate.

The ref was correct. Red card & pen. 100% no question.

Solly deserved his earlier yellow as well, after a crunching tackle and then putting his head in to the Millwall players forehead.

• cafctom said:

"Yeah but let's give Church another one year deal as Luzon will get the best out of him and he runs around etc etc"

Load of bollocks. Ship him off the moment the season is over. Hopeless. Disgrace to the shirt.

Blaming Church now for us losing? Bore off you idiot
  • The trouble is we actually expected to beat Millwall this year. Well obviously from the disappointment you all did but I had anesthetized myself and half expected the disaster that duly arrived, thank you Chris Solly but he was only partly to blame because we were playing crap up until the sending off anyway.
    Before the game, in Harry's bar, I was cursing myself for not having 'Fuck You' tattooed, or hennared across my forehead in an effort to fit in with the scum. As it was I was having to call my mate a cunt every two minutes to keep up my subterfuge. A tattoo would have done the trick nicely.
    When we scored, I turned around, tried to frown and said "unbelievable!" to the girl, (yes a female) behind me because it was truly unbelievable as at last we had scored a goal at the Den.
    Being in the home end has its advantages as we scarpered quickly out after the game and were drinking in a Forest Hill bar about 25 minutes later. The agony didn't stop through because two palarse fans started to take the piss. I am too old to get too wound up over football but it did make me wonder who I hated the most. I think palarse edge it for me.
  • vff said:

Curb_It said:

Gower was anonymous. Can't believe they gave him a 6
  • At game I thought solly had handled so easy to understand why ref gave the pen.

Church's miss Tho criminal
  • I suppose this is just yet another justification of the old line about how it's not the despair that kills you, it's the hope.

It's less important now but from Row N it looked like Solly's yellow was for dissent or possibly the attempted butt. Under the Laws, straight red for what happened afterwards. A better player than Church would have put us back ahead near the end.

Please let's never play that stupid music after scoring. Dear God how shocking is that.

• Please let's never play that stupid music after scoring. Dear God how shocking is that.

Let's show some kindness and understanding with this - it's been so long since those Millwall folks had anything to celebrate they just need a bit of help remembering how it goes ....
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2015
    We should have beaten them all things being equal. But they weren't. I know we were a bit under the cosh before the pen but this has been the pattern in most away games. It means nothing. Had we taken the lead with eleven, we would not have lost. I think whena ball is heading for the area of you face, it is instinct to raise your arms. But if it hit solly's arm we cant appeal as it is ref'interpretation. If it hit his face, well it has to be overturned. The fact even now we ard not sure should tell you ref should have given Solly benefit, but it was clear he was not the ref we needed for that match. If tbey go down, it wont hurt so much. If they stay up it will be agony.
  • cafc4life said:

cafctom said:

"Yeah but let's give Church another one year deal as Luzon will get the best out of him and he runs around etc etc"

Load of bollocks. Ship him off the moment the season is over. Hopeless. Disgrace to the shirt.

For missing an absolute sitter which he didn't even come close to scoring when it was 1-1. Who else should be blamed for that?
  • cafctom said:

cafc4life said:

cafctom said:

For missing an absolute sitter which he didn't even come close to scoring when it was 1-1. Who else should be blamed for that?
    Church has had enough chances, he will have to go.

We should not have signed him in the first place, any striker with a one in five goal ratio is not to the standard we should be signing.

So in fairness to Church it is Powell we should be criticising for bringing him in.
  • People blaming the cross for that miss need to watch it again. The ball was spot on. Church started his (unchallenged) jump for the header about 15 minutes too early.

The cross from the left was superb and any centre forward playing in any division would have got that on target.(Michael Smith to name one)

The cross from the right was too high and only Peter Crouch or the Austrian giant that Millwall put on in the 2nd half would have got to it.

• Luzon has got many things right since his arrival - but replacing Watt with Church at the Den with 15 minutes to go and leading 1-0 was crass stupidity.
  • JonnyK said:

Rothko said:

I hope Mick Russell has a career ending accident

Don't like that sentiment one little bit. Yes he was inept and yes he appeared one eyed but ffs he isn't The Yorkshire ripper or Dr Shipman, no he's just a hopeless official refing a game where the away team were cack! Reckon you would feel awful if you found out that he was involved in a major accident that left him seriously disabled!

Be disapointed but don't be bitter!
    I certainly wouldn't feel awful
    That's your choice but I wonder if you have considered anger management counselling?
  • cafctom said:

cafc4life said:

cafctom said:

It wasn't a sitter. If Watt had missed it no one would of said a thing. Your just looking for another excuse to dig him out .