Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spanners v Charlton - Post match fury

Comments

• The day I sharted in the face of a bird I had fancied for ages back in my uni days is no longer my lowest point

Unlucky!
  • So we're not the shitest team in the world, like many suggested after Luzon's first couple of games.
    We're also not the best team in the world, like some seemed to believe after our recent run.
    We're somewhere in between.
    But this is not news. We need a bigger squad and better quality.
    Roll on Roland's summer spending spree.....cough.
  • It ruined my 18th birthday!

Happy 18th but don't let it ruin it otherwise for every other year of your life you will be gutted.
  • edited April 2015
    Posting without seeing straight

• Posting drunk

I hate that ref, I hate Millwall, I hate the den, I hope we never have to go back there!
  • Didn't really impose ourselves on the game up to the point Solly maybe rather harshly got sent off.
    After that we never really looked on top even in the brief period when we were winning.
    I'd like to offer more considered and articulate analysis but I'm too down and pissed so fuck off Charlton
  • JonnyK said:

Rothko said:

I hope Mick Russell has a career ending accident

Don't like that sentiment one little bit. Yes he was inept and yes he appeared one eyed but ffs he isn't The Yorkshire ripper or Dr Shipman, no he's just a hopeless official refing a game where the away team were cack! Reckon you would feel awful if you found out that he was involved in a major accident that left him seriously disabled!

Be disapointed but don't be bitter!
    I certainly wouldn't feel awful
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely gutted, bought tickets for the boy for the beamback as well so feel even worse for him.. we are off to Woking in the morning for the Wings last desperate bid to stay up, so that's bound to end in tears as well. But you never know.
  • Easy to say from 6000 miles away but I laughed at the end of the game. It was just inevitable. The result in the context of the our season was irrelevant but to allow them to get three points closer to safety is the real sickener.

Hopefully, though, a much longer wait until the next time we beat them as with a bit of luck we won't have to play them for a few seasons!
  • Only good points of the day - pints before the game & that feeling of an emotional rush when we scored .... Neither the pints or the emotional high lasted long.
  • Great save by Solly
  • Get your hands down Solly ffs that picture doesn't look to clever

• Get your hands down Solly ffs that picture doesn't look to clever

It doesn't show Solly hand balling it through.
  • edited April 2015

Get your hands down Solly ffs that picture doesn't look to clever

It doesn't show Solly hand balling it through.
    Well it made the ref think he had and apparently tv evidence shows he did unfortunately

Only John Terry can get away with saving the football with his arms up like that !
  • There are not too many good points about yesterday; good vocal support...lots of songs I do think however slagging off millwall is a distraction that is the author or at least one of them of our own demise. If the content of our songs transfers onto the mind set of the players then there is less a focus on the game in hand and more a focus on the fact that it is millwall and I have never seen this work in our favour. I think we work best as the underdog away from home as it does not distract the players from focusing on the game. 'That's why your going down' only ever served to gee up millwall , make us feel smug, and encourage our players to think the game is over which is kind of what happened. Our goal was always against the run of play and Millwall who had several fluffed chances and a saved penalty deserved their win with or without Solly. Yes its gutting even if not too surprising; I got hit by a bottle (plastic and empty) from someone behind which I thought irresponsible and childish which summed up how we all felt I suppose but that is football for you. The focus was just not there today. I thought taking Watt off was a mistake as we were 1-0 up and he can hold the ball up well even if he was not playing well. Henderson was the best Charlton player. We lost possession far too easily . There was 5 minutes after our goal where I thought we were brilliant but it petered out too. Any way I move on.
  • Being my first visit to The Den (probably the last although I might be up for going again just on the off-chance that we do beat them) I only have one question:

What the hell is that "Plastic Cockney" goal celebration music they play?

• Sponsored links:

• If Solly handled, we can't appeal as intent is ref's call. Do we have evidence to say it definitely hit his hand. My gripe with ref is more not sending their player off.
  • Wasn't a great game we gave our usual performance at the tool box , we should have had a real go at them but we didn't start well and the solly sending off ruined the game ,any game plan we had went right out the window ,as for the ref no bottle at all gave them everything but that's the norm when we go down to that shitehole lets just hope they get relegated so we don't have to go their for years.
  • Charlton were crap. Millwall celebrated like they won the world cup. Loving the goal music they play. What a dog shit club.
  • Nice to see charlton playing their part in care in the community by handing Millwall 3 points again.
  • My only positive was drunkenly embarrassing myself in front of Johnnie Jackson yesterday, going on about TV shows. He was sipping a Diet Coke in the concourse at half time. Hero.
  • Still gutted, but I must agree the better team won.
    The coach ride down the old Kent road after was humiliating and hilarious in equal measure.
    Locals waving at us in a curious way, not sure that the ladies on the coach would pleasure themselves quite the way these morons were suggesting.
    Not sure what me favourite moment was?
    Either the two knuckle draggers that dropped their trousers for us out side Wliiiam hill (other high street book makers are available), mind you their arses were an improvement on the faces.
    No no the best moment was the 50 odd year old retard, so drunk he could hardly stand, smoking what looked like a joint, lobbing a full can of Fosters (other brands are available) at the coach. Pure class.
    Anyway thanks Millwall fans you made me quite happy that I support a decent club with by and large decent fans, enjoy league 1, Chesterfield at home should be a cracker.

On the way back to New Cross looking for a pub to drown our sorrows in we saw the bizarre sight of a Millwall fan chasing a Charlton coach down the road screaming and shouting about "Fucking killing all of ya! and Stabbing you all up..Charming chap!

And that was after they won the bloody game!
  • Inevitable, and we iced their cake by letting them do it from a goal behind. Guy Luzon new Millwall hero, for rolling over like all the rest.
  • Well.....17 hours later and it still "hurts":

Plus points,
    Well taken goal,
    Good goalkeeping ,
    Met Keith Peacock after the game.

Minus points,
    Losing, again,
    Spanners in the pubs and clubs of Hither Green last night,
    Smoke bombs and bottle throwing, probably means even less tickets next time,
    Got the sniffles today, (Bloody Berm-on-sea weather).