Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spanners v Charlton - Post match fury

14567810»

Comments

• It will still be our year when we see you relegated.

Will you have a Millwall relegation party? Think you care more than we do!
    If you say it enough times you will believe it. Enjoy those trips to Rochdale, Oldham etc. If the positions were reversed Millwall would be loving it. Don't try and make out you wouldn't.
  • HandG said:

I can't understand how any fan would not be bothered about relegation. League One is a shocker and I'd be gutted if we had to play at that level again.

Because we've been down since Rotherham beat us, the last 3 years have been torrid, it's not exactly enjoyable watching us. We are seeing some young players starting to come through, I think being positive and looking at what could be an exciting period of rebuilding and flourishing with youth is how many are looking at it.

We'd all much prefer to stay up of course, but that is looking very unlikely.
  • Essex_Al said:

"Sounds like quite a gutsy performance..." No, gutless like all the previous ones against them.

Agreed mate, the team just didn't turn up, were awful and Millwall deserved their win, so dissapointing after the way we have played recently.

Mind you not as dissapointing as the behaviour of a couple of idiots at the beamback. We were all gutted when they took the lead, but some big fat slob at the front took it upon hiself to go up to the big screen and scream c*nt this and c*nt that at the top of his voice. Loads of woman and children all around him, total embarrassment, and we moan about the behaviour of their fans!!
    What a charmer he was!

I think security should have had a word with him Suzi, I know it was an awful moment for for fans and emotions run high, but he was really out of order and I didn't appreciate my Grandson having to witness it.
  • HandG said:

I can't understand how any fan would not be bothered about relegation. League One is a shocker and I'd be gutted if we had to play at that level again.

Because we've been down since Rotherham beat us, the last 3 years have been torrid, it's not exactly enjoyable watching us. We are seeing some young players starting to come through, I think being positive and looking at what could be an exciting period of rebuilding and flourishing with youth is how many are looking at it.

Have to kind of agree with this comment... League One was a horrible division to play in but allowed Charlton to bring through its youngsters and has improved us as a club as a whole now
  • Its great being in League 1 and having your best/ promising youngsters sold off for peanuts, while you trek up and down the country wondering when things will turn out right, hope you enjoy league 1 Sparrows.
  • Its great being in League 1 and having your best/ promising youngsters sold off for peanuts, while you trek up and down the country wondering when things will turn out right, hope you enjoy league 1 Sparrows.

You didn't enjoy your promotion season?

From 98 to 01 we had a great time, watching a club progress and players come of age. Likewise back end of 07/08 season to end of 09/10, Jackett turning the team around, winning games, play-offs, Wembley, etc.

Closest we've got to replicating that excitement in the championship is 2002 and 1987!
  • HandG said:

Have to kind of agree with this comment... League One was a horrible division to play in but allowed Charlton to bring through its youngsters and has improved us as a club as a whole now
    But when we went down we had the good half of the Cockney Mob reign to tide us over: appointing a club legend (who turned out to be a decent manager besides), plenty of investment and a promotion season that saw us win with a record total. There's been plenty of other clubs who've gone down, struggled, and remain locked in a permanent malaise - Sheffield United for example. Regardless of his merits as a chairman, the sale to Roland came in the nick of time regarding keeping the club solvent and viable, if Milwall (or any of the other relegated clubs for that matter) run into financial trouble relegation will only be the beginning of a very long list of problems.
  • Well you threw that away didn't you. What was Solly thinking!!?

We had two players who could barely control the ball or make a completed pass and we still somehow won. I thought this would be your year.

What was really strange was just how many Charlton had their tops off and were swinging them around their heads in sheer euphoria at leading lowly Millwall.

All that bottle throwing too and letting off flares, surprised so many Millwall fans made it in to your end to act like that.

We had eleven, well, ten of them.

One look around your ground after you scored tell us you care just as much.
  • edited April 2015

I was towards the front of the away end on the right-hand side (row B ) so I had a reasonably good view. Though if no-one else has seen it then the headbutt was probably a figment of my imagination.

I'm a bit late to this party but Solly certainly leaned forward with the headbutt in the first half from where I was sitting. Wasn't a clean connection though, but I was expecting the red card to come out at that point.
    Same here. Very lucky boy.
  • Sponsored links:

haven't we done all this 'we care more than you do' stuff.
    it's like a record with the needle stuck.

Bye.
  • It is recoverable, but there are no positives in getting relegated to League One.
  • It is recoverable, but there are no positives in getting relegated to League One.

The chips at Hartlepool are good

Oh, they aren't in L1 any more... carry on
  • edited April 2015
    Remember our clown fans kiddin themselves the Championship was gonna be a great place for us to rebuild and how interesting the new grounds would be as we were heading towards the Premiership trapdoor