Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spanners v Charlton - Post match fury

Comments

• I just don't understand why. Why are we always so shite against them? It's not as if its the same group of players for the last eighteen years.

God is a Millwall fan, I see no other explanation
  • Just left the ground.

Fucking bottle job as it always is with the big games with this fucking club.

I don't give a toss about them going down, I want us to beat them FFS.
  • We just didn't turn up (again) with too many of our players standing off and shirking the 50/50 balls - Unforgivable really.
  • Different year, different team, different manager same shit..
  • we'll beat Fulham now to help keep the scum up
    Fucking clowns
  • edited April 2015

we'll beat Fulham now to help keep the scum up
    Fucking clowns

Haven't even thought about this situation, well shit......
  • I just don't understand why. Why are we always so shite against them? It's not as if its the same group of players for the last eighteen years.

Well fans always moan that new players have no connection with the club and its core values. By losing to Millwall, the players can now claim to be proper Charlton footballers.
    Frustrating things is that it's often the charlton stalwarts who go missing on these occasions. Sounds like Solly was rattled from the start, and Cousins 2nd best in the first half. Hales didn't play often against them, but never scored even so.....
  • Didn't watch the game but I wonder if there is a mental block within the club given how long it is since we've beaten them, akin to Spain and how Fabregas & co commented on how the national side struggled to get past the QF stage of an international tournament for ages and it was on their minds.
  • Sponsored links:

• They'll beat us to the playoffs
  • On to next game. No point in dwelling on a defeat, especially one that was snatched from the jaws of victory. It would have felt shite whoever it was against, but against the scum it feels double shite. Oh well at least ther'se another game soon.
  • Might still see you next season

They had a lot, lot more to play for than we did, of course.

I''ve considered it many, many times (like we all have, no doubt) why we lose at Millwall and I ask myself whether the team would be more up for it if we had a bunch of players who actually come from the Charlton catchment area and had grown up with CAFC as their club.

It's always going to be more difficult for a team who are safe and don't have anywhere near the same excitement for the Millwall game as it's own supporters to get fired up as we'd all hope for, especially against a team fighting for their lives.
  • Unfortunately I can see them pulling it off. None of Wigan, Fulham or Rotherham are in any sort of form and today will give them a boost. Of the teams down there I fancy Fulham the least.
  • If it makes you all feel abit better, we are not actually that bad. Just struggling to score goals.

Well, we was.
  • The annoying thing is Millwall are so so shit

I've been to every game at the old and new Den bar the 2-0 win, laughable record there

Same again next year I reckon

Have to say though, the goal celebration was right up there with play off penalties and Dennis in the last minute, carnage
  • should we have expected anything else?

• Have to say though, the goal celebration was right up there with play off penalties and Dennis in the last minute, carnage

It was quality, pity it was ruined
  • Unfortunately I can see them pulling it off. None of Wigan, Fulham or Rotherham are in any sort of form and today will give them a boost. Of the teams down there I fancy Fulham the least.

So will we all be happy if we lose to Fulham on Tuesday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Awful performance. Ref wasn't good at all but he wasn't the cause of our downfall. Pelting the ball into your own player leading to an easy attack through on goal (led to their penalty) is ridiculous
  • Ref was shit but not to blame for that result.
  • edited April 2015
    PWR. At beamback.

Once again we're obliged to endure the unendurable, but not the unexpected.
    I said in the pre-match that if we keep 11 players on the pitch we ought not to lose, we didn't and we lost.
    From my perspective it was a clear penalty and sending off, not a poor decision by the referee but the correct one. The penalty wasn't because of some kind of evil intent, not some kind of cheating by Millwall, but almost a technical decision according to the rules.
    It was a really poor penalty, Henderson fell the right way and that was great, but we still had an hour with ten men, Millwall had their backs to the wall because of their need to win and yet would always be in he game because of their extra player. Recipe for what unfolded.
    In hindsight the way we adjusted did for us. It would probably have been better to drop Diarra back rather than bring on Bikey who turned out to be a loose cannon of a liability.
    The gods of football toyed with us when we took the lead, but Millwall can laugh even louder and call us muggy anorak c*nts because we thought we might win. Endure the unendurable guys.
    Our players were totally disjointed by the situation although Henderson, Johnson, Fox and Cousins did well but maybe Guy Luzon ought not to have gone on about killing opponents, because Millwall certainly killed us.
    However Millwall are pretty chite, and they still look odds on for relegation so there is always that.
  • JMP said:

If it makes you all feel abit better, we are not actually that bad. Just struggling to score goals.

Well, we was.

Enjoy league one....
  • I feel sick to have been so close...
  • Buyens and JJ in the crowd, hope they're as pissed off as the rest of us, for 12 glorious, stupid, blissful, insane and deluded minutes I let myself believe.
  • Sodding crap internet connection kept throwing me off the match thread, so it was like listening to a nightmare with the sound cutting out every few minutes. Belated thanks to @Redmidland for the excellent match thread.

I really thought we would do it this time. Should have known better.

Consolation is that, although scum usually floats to the surface, they won't survive this year. Just too many tough games to come and they won't get up for the other games they way they get up for their "cup final". They're going down and it could be many years before they come back. We, on the other hand, are on the up. It will be many years before we have to play these scumwall bastards again, unless it's in the cup.

On to Tuesday, and a return to form.

Meanwhile have a nice Easter folks, despite today.
  • Boom said:

Ref was shit but not to blame for that result.

Really?
    So who sent Solly off
  • Supporting this club is really like sado-masochism.
  • edited April 2015