Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trust Calls Public Meeting of Fans - Woolwich Grand Theatre – Wed 18th Feb 7.30pm

Comments

• stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Seems there is an agenda here ...the only speaker from the floor who was questioned by the chair has been the one who is pro-network. When stating that he is happy to see how matters go over next few weeks, he was met by a shout of 'rubbish' from the floor.

And what was the question from the chair?

Prague, just expressing my surprise that no questions were asked of the others.

Need to hear more.
    Fine but what was the chair's question? Steve Clarke is one of the most reasonable people I know. The Matt Holland of Charlton activists. Maybe his question was genuinely one of clarification?
    It's not the question, its the fact that he was the only one questioned.

As I said, lets hear more. Particularly about next steps which we will get to soon.
  • sam3110 said:

Thing is, who would bother going to a meeting like this with a pro network mindset? Anyone who is pro network and therefore not as worried by the direction of the club isn't going to go out of their way to attend a supporters group meeting in Woolwich.

I am fairly pro network, I live in Woolwich and wouldn't dream of going along, as I know the majority of people there are of the opposite view to me and will not listen to my views. I'm not saying I'd necessarily listen to theirs either but that's life.

The silent
  • Don't think that's a fair comment to be honest stoney.

Don't worry mate they've restocked
  • sam3110 said:

Thing is, who would bother going to a meeting like this with a pro network mindset? Anyone who is pro network and therefore not as worried by the direction of the club isn't going to go out of their way to attend a supporters group meeting in Woolwich.

I am fairly pro network, I live in Woolwich and wouldn't dream of going along, as I know the majority of people there are of the opposite view to me and will not listen to my views. I'm not saying I'd necessarily listen to theirs either but that's life.

I'm pro the concept of a network and I'm here.

It is not working at the moment so we need dialogue between all sides.
  • sam3110 said:

This (except I don't live in Woolwich)

• stonemuse said:

sam3110 said:

I'm pro the concept of a network and I'm here.

It is not working at the moment so we need dialogue between all sides.
    Agree on all counts (and I'm here too)
  • Highlight of the night so far is my grabbing the last can of Stella

I don't drink it out the can though
  • stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Seems there is an agenda here ...the only speaker from the floor who was questioned by the chair has been the one who is pro-network. When stating that he is happy to see how matters go over next few weeks, he was met by a shout of 'rubbish' from the floor.

And what was the question from the chair?

Prague, just expressing my surprise that no questions were asked of the others.

Need to hear more.
    Fine but what was the chair's question? Steve Clarke is one of the most reasonable people I know. The Matt Holland of Charlton activists. Maybe his question was genuinely one of clarification?
    It's not the question, its the fact that he was the only one questioned.

As I said, lets hear more. Particularly about next steps which we will get to soon.
    He isn't the only one being asked questions by the chair after speaking.
  • Sponsored links:

• You can be pro network and pro dialogue.
  • Show of hands, massive support in improving dialogue, small minority say not to bother.
  • WSS said:

Wendy Perfect - I have spoken to many fans at the club who tell me they will not be returning next year. #cafc

But is that more not down to the recent performance on the pitch?

• Proposals:

leverage the network, joint action with the other network clubs.

Involve Richard Murray in our proposed dialogue with owners.

More to come
  • I am pro RD, I was there.

I walked out when it was obvious that there was no point me being there, and people started talking about no renewing season tickets

Serious question. What was you expecting to happen tonight ?
  • I am pro RD, I was there.

I walked out when it was obvious that there was no point me being there, and people started talking about no renewing season tickets

I understand that public speaking is difficult at the best of times, let alone when you feel like your opinion is not that of the room. But what would you have told the room, given what you heard?

• Joshuk87 said:

WSS said:

Wendy Perfect - I have spoken to many fans at the club who tell me they will not be returning next year. #cafc

But is that more not down to the recent performance on the pitch?

Highly doubt it, as if you have been a Charlton fan for longer then a few years we have all seen lower days on the pitch then this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Proposed that the Trust takes on lead role in dialogue with club.
  • KM says she won't talk to,the Trust alone, so what's the point
  • Steve has questioned lots of speakers from the floor, just to be clear.

It's a shame people don't feel able to express pro RD opinion. Steve did read out all the pro submissions via the website, and there have been some people expressing opinions more sympathetic to the owner.
  • for the curious, i'm standing with paulie in that picture, and yes we did discuss hair.
  • I take it the meeting is over?
  • Proposals - boycott concessions not season tickets
  • Joshuk87 said:

I went. More out of interest of what was being said. I am personally think at the moment bar our performance on the pitch things are ok. We have a new pitch. Some new signings whilst they are from the network, vetokele has performed and watt looks very lively.

I appreciate that a lot of people fought to et Charlton back to the valley and feel worried with the lack of communication however as one lad said we wouldn't be having this conversation if we were 4/5th in league.

Whilst this is a football club it is also a business. No person can afford to lose £5mil a year. So costs must be cut and this will inadvertivly upset people.

However.

We are not bankrupt. We are getting new players and at the begging of this season we were playing top class football.

A boycott/protest will only harm the club and have a negative effect. The best we can do is go week in week out and support the team. Other than that please feel free to donate towards the £5million loss until we get to the premiership and with that loss add another £10 mill to buy the leagues best players. Then hope that we don't get caught with financial fair play.

Good post
  • Blimey the glare is a killer!
    The future of Charlton is bright!
  • Meeting over