Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trust Calls Public Meeting of Fans - Woolwich Grand Theatre – Wed 18th Feb 7.30pm

edited February 2015 in General Charlton
http://www.castrust.org/2015/02/trust-calls-public-meeting-fans/

Further to our statement of 14th January 2015, the Charlton Athletic Supporters' Trust wrote to the club's CEO Katrien Meire to follow up our offer to discuss the growing anxiety of supporters about the direction of the club, and how they might be better involved.

We have received a disappointing response. Whilst Ms Meire has suggested that we meet with a colleague to discuss what the club needs to do to maintain and grow the fanbase, she declined any dialogue on the vital matter of where the club is heading.

Her explanation - that she had nothing more to tell supporters regarding the direction of the club - reminds us of her words in the London Evening Standard, when she insisted that fans would just “need to accept” the owner’s way. We respectfully but strongly disagree with her. We continue to hear daily from supporters of a growing discontent at the inconsistency between the club’s words and actions, and a frustration with a lack of true engagement.

The Supporters’ Trust’s offer to meet with Ms Meire remains open, but with regret we conclude that the time has now come to seek other channels by which the supporters' voice can be heard regarding the damage being done to our historic club and its identity.

Therefore, we intend to:

• Organise and chair an open public meeting within the next two weeks, for all Charlton supporters to air their views on the current situation. This meeting is intended to be an opportunity to bring together as many as possible of the various organisational, internet and publication elements of the Charlton family, as well as individual supporters, and secure the widest possible mandate for any approach we jointly decide to adopt. We will also seek input via the Trust website from those who cannot attend the meeting.
• Based on conclusions from the meeting, agree a unified and appropriate supporters’ response at the earliest opportunity

History tells us the club is at its strongest when its supporters are informed, consulted and involved in the setting of its direction. We are committed to persuading the board of that fact and restoring the supporter to the heart of Charlton Athletic.

We will provide further details as soon as possible.

Comments

• Any way of including those of us who are not local? Online somehow?
  • edited February 2015
    I will definitely come down for this.
  • I will be there wherever it is.
  • edited February 2015
    FAO @gilbertfilbert
    castrust said:

• Organise and chair an open public meeting within the next two weeks, for all Charlton supporters to air their views on the current situation. This meeting is intended to be an opportunity to bring together as many as possible of the various organisational, internet and publication elements of the Charlton family, as well as individual supporters, and secure the widest possible mandate for any approach we jointly decide to adopt. We will also seek input via the Trust website from those who cannot attend the meeting.

• Good idea.
  • So pleased with this plan. I feel uniting all the various groups to stand as one voice against the information lockout is necessary and will prove to be effective in the long run. Well done.
  • Good work. I will be there.
  • i will look into this, would need at the very least to be via our members only area, perhaps anyone with expertise and equipment might like to volunteer. We tried this a while back and its quite tricky on limited resources.
  • Sponsored links:

• And so it begins. Brilliant.
  • Well done! I have announced this on the Charlton FB Group.
  • Will be there if poss.
  • It would need the word spreading far and wide To generate the numbers required to take note

As a side I will be interested in.the number who attend to see if there is over whelming concern or if it's more a minority view that things are that bad

What would be deemed a successful number of attendees

I respect and admire the intent and wish you well
  • I wonder if it's worth someone informing the SLP about this in order to generate a bit of extra coverage?
  • I'll come.
  • Given decent notice I will be there. (takes time to get the time off call).
  • FAO @gilbertfilbert

castrust said:

The easiest way of doing this is to email secretary@castrust.org

• Sponsored links:

• Spot on count me in to attend
  • I'll be there. Great idea.
  • Count me in.
  • Is this really a Trust matter? Supporters that are unhappy, are so mainly because of team performances and player/manager recruiting. If results were good almost all fans would be happy as Larry with RD & his network idea.
    The owner has invested in the infrastructure of the club and introduced tiered ticket pricing, issues that would require action by the Trust if there was a problem.
  • What surprises me is that KM gets such an easy time in the WSL on home match days.
  • Brilliant! I'll be there.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Is this really a Trust matter? Supporters that are unhappy, are so mainly because of team performances and player/manager recruiting. If results were good almost all fans would be happy as Larry with RD & his network idea.
    The owner has invested in the infrastructure of the club and introduced tiered ticket pricing, issues that would require action by the Trust if there was a problem.

Who writes your scripts!