Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trust Calls Public Meeting of Fans - Woolwich Grand Theatre – Wed 18th Feb 7.30pm

Comments

• Would like more details of when and where. If I can make it to watch the dross that was Charlton vs Rotherham last Saturday, I can sure as hell attend a meeting, if only to show solidarity.

I'm sure the more articulate members will raise the necessary issues, but the more of us there are, wearing our colours and boosting the numbers, the more the likes of Katrien Meh and her ilk will take notice.

• edited February 2015
    Why not 606 RM? Only joking :wink:
  • If my heart consultant agrees..I'll be there...can we get ALL different groups together please...CL, ITTV, Not 606, Facebook, Twitter. Its time to unite, and get our club back....

100%.
  • If my heart consultant agrees..I'll be there...can we get ALL different groups together please...CL, ITTV, Not 606, Facebook, Twitter. Its time to unite, and get our club back....

100%.
    That's the plan. Open meeting.
  • **We have received a disappointing response. Whilst Ms Meire has suggested that we meet with a colleague to discuss what the club needs to do to maintain and grow the fanbase, she declined any dialogue on the vital matter of where the club is heading.**

So this makes the Bromley Q & A meeting with her redundant then.
  • As someone said earlier we need to get this circulating in the press maybe SLP?
  • Sponsored links:

• We're reliably informed that Bromley Addicks are the only fans she likes. ;-)

I'd encourage anyone going to ask whatever they like regarding the future direction of the club. I'm sure there wouldn't be any reason why what she says to Bromley Addicks couldn't be said to all supporters, in the same spirit of unity the Supporters' Trust's statement encourages?
  • **We have received a disappointing response. Whilst Ms Meire has suggested that we meet with a colleague to discuss what the club needs to do to maintain and grow the fanbase, she declined any dialogue on the vital matter of where the club is heading.**

So this makes the Bromley Q & A meeting with her redundant then.

Best thing to do in this instance is remove her invite.....that may 'jolt' her?
  • edited February 2015
    rikofold said:

We're reliably informed that Bromley Addicks are the only fans she likes. ;-)

I'd encourage anyone going to ask whatever they like regarding the future direction of the club. I'm sure there wouldn't be any reason why what she says to Bromley Addicks couldn't be said to all supporters, in the same spirit of unity the Supporters' Trust's statement encourages?

Not after the 12 March she won't. :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

>We're reliably informed that Bromley Addicks are the only fans she likes. ;-)

Not after the 12 March she won't. :wink:

Should cancel the meeting, save wasting peoples time.
  • Sounds like we're going to need the O2

I hope to be there
  • Judging by the response on here so far - which is brilliant - we are going to have to plan carefully about how we handle the demand for attendance at this meeting. We've got two locations under consideration, don't yet know if either are free for the date we've pencilled in. Now we will have to look at capacity too.

Please bear in mind that since we've called the meeting, the Trust has to pay for it. We don't have a big budget. Of course the more who join, the more that will help if we have to look for a bigger place.

But for that reason for now we will confine ourself to letting people know on this and the other main CAFC fan sites.
  • Sponsored links:

• A good idea if you have clear issues and can arrive at a clear path to rectifying them.
    Can I ask, what's the specific issue that needs overcoming? (The heart missing from our club is not specific)
    And how do you expect to rectify the above problem?
    And what can the club say that will make it all ok?
    If the club say we hear you and will look at ....... What's the guarantee you/fans will believe them as most believe all they have said previously has been gone back on.
  • PL54 said:

Sounds like we're going to need the O2.

The Royal Oak would be a fitting location.

• A great idea, and I will most certainly be there.

I would like to mention some housekeeping points. Even though the meeting is something initiated by the Trust, it should not be perceived as a net to catch members, it is for all fans, and yes there can be an opportunity to join the Trust if people want to do that, but it should not be pushed in a way that will alienate those who have misgivings with the Trust.

In terms of the meeting structure, or the agenda, or the Chairing/Q&A's,or the aims, well this needs to be imagined. Is the aim to produce a detailed statement covering the concerns of fans, that can then be passed on? Is it a plan for further meeting and actions, even (don't laugh) fundraising. Maybe the meeting can stocktake expertise or skills of some sort that may be offered by some fans, and may be of use.

I would also suggest some thought goes into audibility. Sometimes at such meetings people answer points when the original point hasn't been heard by the room, which can be frustrating. I also think it is a good idea for participants to somehow introduce themselves, or be introduced (twice!), to avoid people getting mixed up.

Any idea of a venue?
  • Kap10 said:

If my heart consultant agrees..I'll be there...can we get ALL different groups together please...CL, ITTV, Not 606, Facebook, Twitter. Its time to unite, and get our club back....

Bring him, the more the merrier
    Sadly his favourite hobby/pastime is shooting...................oh now there's an idea!!!!
  • Judging by the response on here so far - which is brilliant - we are going to have to plan carefully about how we handle the demand for attendance at this meeting. We've got two locations under consideration, don't yet know if either are free for the date we've pencilled in. Now we will have to look at capacity too.

Please bear in mind that since we've called the meeting, the Trust has to pay for it. We don't have a big budget. Of course the more who join, the more that will help if we have to look for a bigger place.

But for that reason for now we will confine ourself to letting people know on this and the other main CAFC fan sites.

Confused now! So shouldn't I be putting it on LinkedIn or "Hill to The Valley", the private Charlton mailing list that I am on or tell the guy that sits next to me at the Valley and does not have a clue?
  • Kap10 said:

If my heart consultant agrees..I'll be there...can we get ALL different groups together please...CL, ITTV, Not 606, Facebook, Twitter. Its time to unite, and get our club back....

Bring him, the more the merrier
    Sadly his favourite hobby/pastime is shooting...................oh now there's an idea!!!!
    Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up. :smiley:
  • A good idea if you have clear issues and can arrive at a clear path to rectifying them.
    Can I ask, what's the specific issue that needs overcoming? (The heart missing from our club is not specific)
    And how do you expect to rectify the above problem?
    And what can the club say that will make it all ok?
    If the club say we hear you and will look at ....... What's the guarantee you/fans will believe them as most believe all they have said previously has been gone back on.

All valid points which are not easy to answer, my only thought is the old saying that a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.
  • I'll definitely be there if at all possible.
  • So, so happy to hear this
  • Personally I do not think that now is the time for such a meeting, and I honestly think that while there is discontent.....many of you have 'worked each other up' on this forum.

I would like to attend, but would quite possibly offend people by laughing at the collective bed - wetting that I can see occurring.

I will, of course, throw my hat in to the ring and get involved once I feel it is the appropriate time.