Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trust Calls Public Meeting of Fans - Woolwich Grand Theatre – Wed 18th Feb 7.30pm

Comments

• Excellent application of common sense and reality there taxi lad.
    Let's hope it doesn't fall on stony ground.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

seth plum said:

There is a equivocal element to aspects of what is said on the video.

On one level some fans are saying it's all awful, and looks like it will stay that way, and Katrien is saying no it's not, what more can I say, and you have to believe me' almost bordering on Katrien saying 'are you calling me a liar'.
    Katrien has frequently said she is in charge, certainly as the person at the front of the store, and what she says is right, and her integrity ought not to be questioned, she is even borderline insulted if her voracity, and integrity, and her version of events are deemed in any way to lack probity.

However we then get to the bit where fans ask for Roland. Katrien says then that there is no need, she knows what is in his mind and will speak for him, indeed it is as if Roland has given Katrien the role of not only his eyes and ears, but his mouth and voice too.

So we have somebody freely admitting she has no actual autonomy (Je Suis Roland as it were) yet insisting that she is the decision maker and acts with integrity. So if I get this right Katrien is acting with Rolands integrity but not her own. To criticise or question her, is to criticise and question Roland. However she is not a puppet.

It is weird to want it both ways, to say you're following orders, but you actually make the decisions. Katrien repeatedly asserts her personal authority at Charlton Athletic, yet she can't behave with autonomy either. Is this not some kind of mental gymnastics or does it make perfect sense?

wy can't this make sense? Before cabbing i was a manager of a team in the finance industry and the running of that team was solely down to me and i made most of the decisions regarding that team, however, my decisions were influenced by the wishes of the directors. This is no different for KM. She works for RD and he has given her the reins but he calls the shots ultimately. That doesn't make her a puppet in my view, merely an employee who he trusts to do the job
    I can see your point, but it makes me wonder what decisions Katrien has made alone, and at what level as it were, and what she has to run past Roland.

• In case anyone else is using Sat Nav to get there tonight SE18 6PE
  • Kap10 said:

In case anyone else is using Sat Nav to get there tonight SE18 6PE

I demanded to speak to the owner of Garmin and he gave me the details I wanted via open and transparent dialogue. Sweet!
  • what's the parking like? anything close by?
  • what's the parking like? anything close by?

Fine as long as you've got locking wheel nuts :wink: .
  • edited February 2015
    https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=#cafcfuture&src=typd

Not sure how busy the meeting's hashtag is going to be but here's a link if anyone wants to follow it for updates.

For those less familiar with twitter, if you want your tweets to appear in the above stream you just add "#cafcfuture" somewhere within your tweet and it should appear.
  • edited February 2015
    I got in my car. realised I was going to be at least 30miniutes late, and I just had a vision of this type of entrance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo6O6kAuCUA

sod that
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody cold in this theatre!
  • What's the film tonight?
  • Probably 200 or so here at the moment
  • stonemuse said:

Bloody cold in this theatre!

I second that
  • edited February 2015
    More people here than a Millwall home game :smiley:
  • Getting packed
  • Many people turned up?
  • BIockquote class="Quote" rel="stonemuse">Probably 200 or so here at the moment

I'd have thought nearer 250-300
  • Close to 300 is my guess
  • Sponsored links:

Yep filling up now
  • Late start due to long tea queue

how many away fans?
  • edited February 2015
    Anyone spotted Katrien hiding at the back?

• edited February 2015
    Tried and failed to load a photo. Airman up now
  • Good heavens - cheery soul that he is
  • edited February 2015
    trying to upload a pic but cant for some reason, check out the twitter feed
  • Anyone button-hole Katrien on the 53 bus to the meeting?
  • Not sure the images are working @razil
  • edited February 2015
    Sorry I can't make it tonight... Because we won on Saturday.

On a real note though... Could I just ask what this is aiming to achieve? If all of the Charlton fans unanimously agree that Roland is the devil incarnate, then what exactly does that mean?

Are we the new Judean People's Front or something?