Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trust Calls Public Meeting of Fans - Woolwich Grand Theatre – Wed 18th Feb 7.30pm

Comments

• Serious question - will there be adequate seated accommodation for us old grunters ? I am planning to attend with my sister Dolly and I'm afraid that both of us are too fragile to stand for long. Yours - Private Godfrey (aka GHF).

Hi GHF

I'm not one of the organisers, for obvious reasons, but I'll make sure this goes back to those that are organising it.

As far as I know the capacity is massive. If you are able to get there on time I reckon you will get a seat downstairs, but anyway I'll pass it back.

• Many thanks, PA - I certainly hope to arrive in good time. The main reason I was concerned was that, Saturday's performance notwithstanding (no pun intended), I am confident the place is going to be absolutely packed.

Much obliged for your concern.
  • edited February 2015

Many thanks, PA - I certainly hope to arrive in good time. The main reason I was concerned was that, Saturday's performance notwithstanding (no pun intended), I am confident the place is going to be absolutely packed.

Much obliged for your concern.

Do not worry GHF, I will make sure you get two seats down there. As one of the organisers, we will set aside some seating for people with difficulties.
    Anyone else with impairment / difficulty just in box me or the secretary, and will try and arrange this.

• Grateful thanks to you also, Ken (and congratulations on your appearance in the latest VoTV, btw). My sister Dolly has to travel a considerable distance to attend, and your kind consideration will be most welcome.

I believe the meeting, which may be the latest but not the last such gathering, will be an outstanding success. An overflowing venue that produces a orderly and constructive discussion can only encourage our sceptical Owner to re-boot his relationship with CAFC and begin a proper dialogue - he has absolutely nothing to lose and absolutely everything to gain.

Is it known if honoured delegates from elsewhere in Networkland will be in attendance?

• Grateful thanks to you also, Ken (and congratulations on your appearance in the latest VoTV, btw). My sister Dolly has to travel a considerable distance to attend, and your kind consideration will be most welcome.

I believe the meeting, which may be the latest but not the last such gathering, will be an outstanding success. An overflowing venue that produces a orderly and constructive discussion can only encourage our sceptical Owner to re-boot his relationship with CAFC and begin a proper dialogue - he has absolutely nothing to lose and absolutely everything to gain.

Is it known if honoured delegates from elsewhere in Networkland will be in attendance?

We invited delegates from the Standard Socios but the date was a problem for them. Day jobs, and all that.

• razil said:
    Done.

Question 3 is a bit "chicken and egg" however I have attempted an answer.
  • Stig said:

Done it, but I wish question 2 had a "don't know" option.

Q2 flaws the survey in my opinion, as it pushes the don't knows into giving an answer which they are uncomfortable with or they won't complete the survey.
  • Is Vegetarian cheese on the agenda?
  • edited February 2015
    Q3 only allows me to put them in the order they are shown 1,2,3,4 I am stupid

Why is Roland selling even in the top 4 priorities ? Seems a potentially biased survey (and meeting ?) by having that as a possible "achievement" - weren't the people handing out the flyers saying the same ?

• Sponsored links:

• Does anyone know if the Tesco car park has somewhere to chain up a motorcycle? If not I'll get the train. Thanks.
  • Hope you've got spotters in the audience looking out for RD/KM's insiders who will report back!

That's what we want isn't it.
  • PL54 said:

Why is Roland selling even in the top 4 priorities ? Seems a potentially biased survey (and meeting ?) by having that as a possible "achievement" - weren't the people handing out the flyers saying the same ?

Because that is the objective of many
  • The survey is there to quantify the possible options - it is not leading or biased, but giving people an opportunity to be heard. We had to include that as one of the options, as lots of people have been saying it.

Once we get the results, we will know how many feel like that, compared with how many prefer dialogue. Watch this space.
  • Stig said:

It might not be a perfect survey (if such a thing exists), but at least the Trust are asking their members what they think. Unlike the football club.

It's not perfect but it's a start ... Tomorrow will be interesting.
  • would be great if we could get this poll out to as many fans as possible
  • PL54 said:

I agree with this, it's too emotive in the current environment ...but it's there, so let's see the results once compiled.
  • Completed the survey this afternoon....lets hope it gives guidance as to what the ordinary ticket paying fan wants. and we can all UNITE and work as a team
  • Sponsored links:

• Am I allowed to take part in the survey even though I no longer support charlton?
  • Solidgone said:

Am I allowed to take part in the survey even though I no longer support charlton?

Have you passed over ?

If you have say hello to my nan.

• What was the outcome of this any news?
  • Can I still follow this on Twitter and if so whats the # tag, (if that is the word!!!)
  • Can i ask all of you tonight to wear your Charlton Life name badges so I can identity you all.
    Thanks

• I'll try and provide some updates on this thread as it progresses if my white busted phone is working, helpful if others do as well (or paste in any relevant tweets)
  • edited February 2015

Can i ask all of you tonight to wear your Charlton Life name badges so I can identity you all.
    Thanks

Will you be doing a photo shoot Beds only if so I need to get my hair done @paulie8290 can you recommend a decent hairdressers? :wink:
  • What was the outcome of this any news?

The Supporters' Trust meeting takes place this evening.