Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trust Calls Public Meeting of Fans - Woolwich Grand Theatre – Wed 18th Feb 7.30pm

Comments

• Top work Callum, could not hear it live because of a "technical fault at BBC London which has gone unresolved for a week...

You are a diamond
  • No problem at all. Just lifted the URL link from my twitter feed over to here!

• Trust Board member Steve Clarke at the Valley today being inerviewed by BBC London Sport
  • Brilliant from Steve. Measured, reasoned, reasonable.
  • Will this meeting still go ahead now that we won 3-0 today?
  • Solidgone said:

Will this meeting still go ahead now that we won 3-0 today?

Sadly some of the fans will believe that. Brentford rarely win at valley. Once since 1920s so don't read too much into a win.
  • kentred2 said:

Solidgone said:

Will this meeting still go ahead now that we won 3-0 today?

Sadly some of the fans will believe that. Brentford rarely win at valley. Once since 1920s so don't read too much into a win.
    It felt like our first win since the 1920's ! But all the better for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• A must needed 3 points today but nothing has changed re the board. Looking forward to wednesday, though tuesday will be more interesting imo.
  • shirty5 said:

A must needed 3 points today but nothing has changed re the board. Looking forward to wednesday, though tuesday will be more interesting imo.

The fact that "Network" players like Watt and Bulot were instrumental in our performance is relevant though
  • Good piece by Steve Clarke but I'm not sure how much longer RD is going to be happy for interviews like that to be done from just in front of the directors box.
  • " One swallow does not make a summer".
  • " One swallow does not make a summer".

Gulp.
  • se9addick said:

We've had a brilliant response with regards to volunteers to help hand out flyers on Saturday, but we've got 5,000 to get through so we need as many as possible. If you have a spare half hour between 2-3pm on Saturday and you'd like to help out then please email;

secretary@castrust.org

Got Brian to put one up in the Star in Plumstead.

• I suspect there was a determined effort from the club to "clamp down" on any potential protest today.

3-4 lads infront of me at the turnstiles had rucksacks which were searched by stewards and there was a visible steward prescence at all the turnstiles I passed.

Heard the lads remark on the way up the stairs that their bags had never been searched before.

There was also a comment on the Facebook group that the guy with the made in Charlton destroyed in Belgium banner had been threatened with ejection and a ban if he displayed the banner today.
  • edited February 2015
  • edited February 2015
    What did the person from one of the museum think of the flyer who picked this up today.

Found very strange why take a flyer as he has not posted anything so far.

• Sponsored links:

• What did the person from one of the museum think of the flyer who picked this up today.

Found very strange why take a flyer as he has not posted anything so far.

THIS!

Very strange. Why the silence?
  • redman said:

I am in agreement with the need for a meeting so supporters views can be nerd. However I am very concerned bout some peoples objectives. As some of the leaflets were being given out he said "come to the meeting to get the belgium out"
    I am 100% behind getting supporters views hard and finding ways of achieving that. However if its what this guy says I am not wasting my time. Can w get some clarification please
    Is this an open discusing or an excuse for some peoples private agenda

I was just about to post a similar comment. The guy handing them out in the Oak said exactly the same thing.
  • I think it is important to come to the meeting as at this point, I believe it is about finding out what fans want. Yes there are fans who want the Belgians out at any cost on the basis that any owners can't be as bad as this lot, however there are also many who want to find ways of creating a dialogue with Duchatalet to move Charlton forward not the network.

If you are not "a Belgian out" then use this to inspire you to attend the meeting to ensure that both sides are heard and your views are represented.
  • Yesterday showed that if the team give the fans a reason to get behind them they will. But the issues we have with the ownership are still there. We had no striker on the bench FFS. We have been saying for a while that we were not far off, but the strengthening of the squad that was needed did not occur. We have had to play too many youngsters too quickly over he course of the season through injuries and lack of form, and we know our best eleven is a match for anybody.

What was good is that we have seen the fight we needed to see that gives us hope that the impending disaster may not occur. We know we don't have a right to run the club, but as stakeholders, we do have the right to see/expect it to be run better and to be treated with a bit more respect and recieve better communication. Hopefully lessons have and can be learned from both sides, but if the team is responding finally, whilst the issues we have remain, our approach is bound o be more conciliatory. Only one game though! A defeat against Wigan and we are back to square one!

LOL. Roland bought the club. He spent cash on infrastructure and the team. If things go Pete Tong it's his money at risk.
    So many, were quick to be negative about Roland. The instant arrival of naysayers from SL bringing messages of doom and gloom was lapped up by many now joining the toys out of the pram brigade. A bad run seems to have been jumped on by those brainwashed by these anti Roland views (and airman brown who seems to be on a one man crusade to attack Charlton's ownership for years). I wonder how many attending the meeting would be willing to help Roland cover the losses we make this financial year even with our supposed skeleton squad?

Ps i before e except after c. ;-)
  • Yesterday showed that if the team give the fans a reason to get behind them they will. But the issues we have with the ownership are still there. We had no striker on the bench FFS. We have been saying for a while that we were not far off, but the strengthening of the squad that was needed did not occur. We have had to play too many youngsters too quickly over he course of the season through injuries and lack of form, and we know our best eleven is a match for anybody.

What was good is that we have seen the fight we needed to see that gives us hope that the impending disaster may not occur. We know we don't have a right to run the club, but as stakeholders, we do have the right to see/expect it to be run better and to be treated with a bit more respect and recieve better communication. Hopefully lessons have and can be learned from both sides, but if the team is responding finally, whilst the issues we have remain, our approach is bound o be more conciliatory. Only one game though! A defeat against Wigan and we are back to square one!

LOL. Roland bought the club. He spent cash on infrastructure and the team. If things go Pete Tong it's his money at risk.
    So many, were quick to be negative about Roland. The instant arrival of naysayers from SL bringing messages of doom and gloom was lapped up by many now joining the toys out of the pram brigade. A bad run seems to have been jumped on by those brainwashed by these anti Roland views (and airman brown who seems to be on a one man crusade to attack Charlton's ownership for years). I wonder how many attending the meeting would be willing to help Roland cover the losses we make this financial year even with our supposed skeleton squad?

Ps i before e except after c. ;-)
    We're already helping "Roland cover the losses we make this financial year "
  • The meeting is still very important, I believe. As have said in the post match views thread, from where I sit it seems so obvious that the players take no notice of Luzon during the game. This win, imo, was obtained by the players playing for each other and the fans, not for Luzon or the network. It was a great result, but please don't be fooled, a Brentford fan on the train home summed it up to his mates, when he said "if we had got a goal today it would have been an injustice to Charlton, we didn't deserve anything, we were abysmal" so although we did all that we could, it wont always be enough when teams play better as we have found out recently.