Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trust Calls Public Meeting of Fans - Woolwich Grand Theatre – Wed 18th Feb 7.30pm

Comments

• Have programme sales been outsourced ? You can't buy them from the club shop anymore can you ?
  • edited February 2015

"Ask yourself why so many staff continue to leave with no replacement job. It's not because they are happy in their work"

AB has highlighted that the problems are also behind the scenes at The Valley.

My feeling is that in addition to the reduction in staffing levels, appointment of replacements for those making the decision to leave is nowhere near as rigorous a process as it was in seasons past. This is in no way a reflection on new members of staff however. The time & number of personnel involved in the training of said arrivals may be the problem but there are worrying signs that the infrastructure within certain departments is far from stable.

As an example, a fellow Lifer experienced considerable problems at the end of last week regarding her subscription to Valley Review. She suffered being passed from one member of staff to another, told by one employee that she didn't even know there was such a thing as a subscription, told that the person she had dealt with before Christmas had now left and finally promises to call her back were not honoured. This is a long term supporter who does understand why such problems arise ( although not condoning them) but what kind of service are newer fans receiving and what will their perception of our Club be as a result ?

I'm also aware that some emails sent to staff are not answered, let alone acknowledged which , KM apart maybe, is surely not best business practice ? It merely serves to frustrate & anger supporters who require an answer to their request or problem and emphasises the poor level of communication between Club and its paying customers.

Once again, I'd emphasise that this is NOT a criticism of staff in general at The Valley but on staffing levels & possible lack of training as a result. AB also mentioned that executive directors have left their posts & my perception is a harassed, relatively inexperienced CEO ( if that is Katrien's title) trying hard to keep her head above water with insufficient support. We are also told that she deals with the legal aspects of signing/loaning players.....A case of too few chiefs and not enough Indians ( no offence meant) ?

We want to be proud of our Club, both on the pitch & for the service it provides for its fans. At the moment, thanks mainly to the players themselves and said fans, the former shows signs of improvement. But the latter deserves closer attention sooner rather than later ....we need to hold onto those fans we already have & not alienate them.

Well said, Fanny. I'd just add one thing, 'we want to be proud of our club again', as at the moment very few people are.
  • I bought a programme for a friend in the club shop early on yesterday. having a chat with the lady in the shop she reiterated that the shop was not run by the club.
    the first article I read before giving up, was about how hard it is to produce two programmes in quick succession, and thanks to all for getting the copy in.
    Have to admit I was surprised because I thought the first piece would be a banner advertisement for Wednesday's meeting.
  • se9addick said:

Have programme sales been outsourced ? You can't buy them from the club shop anymore can you ?

You can buy the programme in the club shop , although I tried to get a Rotherham one for the stickers yesterday and there weren't any available
  • And after yesterday's game that is the emptiest I've ever seen it , in recent times , in the club shop after a win
  • Unfortunately, I am unable to attend the meeting but I would be grateful if someone could raise the question about muscles (seafood). I do love eating them but I now understand that they can cause gout. Could we ensure when muscles and frites are served at half time there is a warning sign outlying the possible side effects. I'm sure there are some lifers here suffer from gout attacks and would not want to endure the pain In addition to watching atrocious football. Merci
  • Solidgone said:

Unfortunately, I am unable to attend the meeting but I would be grateful if someone could raise the question about muscles (seafood). I do love eating them but I now understand that they can cause gout. Could we ensure when muscles and frites are served at half time there is a warning sign outlying the possible side effects. I'm sure there are some lifers here suffer from gout attacks and would not want to endure the pain In addition to watching atrocious football. Merci

I was always your biggest fan Yann, but CL told me to move on so must you,
    plus we have tony boy now who is only 21. Merci and enjoy your 1 season in the prem, you deserve it.

• Not a single programme seller in floyd road at 2.45pm yesterday, so I didn't get one
  • edited February 2015

Not a single programme seller in floyd road at 2.45pm yesterday, so I didn't get one

I spotted one in the East Stand at the Jimmy Seed stand end on the concourse at 2.45ish but she was very inconspicuous. How do I claim my prize? :-0
  • Not a single programme seller in floyd road at 2.45pm yesterday, so I didn't get one

Same here. Their loss not mine.
  • Sponsored links:

• My kids loss as they are collecting the stickers
  • My kids loss as they are collecting the stickers

Zackly , the only reason I'm presently buying the programme is for the stickers (for the kids of course )
  • Well said Fanny. However, one point I would pick you up on is where you say 'KM aside' when talking about answering emails. Respect of customers comes from the top and her ignoring the vast majority of fans emails is not on. She needs to step up or step out fast.
  • Well said Fanny. However, one point I would pick you up on is where you say 'KM aside' when talking about answering emails. Respect of customers comes from the top and her ignoring the vast majority of fans emails is not on. She needs to step up or step out fast.

Well said, Maybe you could send KM an email with the above message and let us know when you get a response.
  • se9addick said:

I'd be surprised. Watt signed a 3.5 year deal.

So did Polish Pete and Loic Nego. Tucudean signed for three years, Reza for two and a half. None of them here now.
    Lepoint has also signed a long term deal - very slim chance of him being here next season.
    With any luck.

I'd prefer the latter.

• Of course, If we were top of the league, nobody would be protesting too loudly. But we are not top of the league and valid concerns about the way the club is being run have been treated with arrogance and contempt. As has been said, if we were given a clue as to what the planned direction of the club is or an acknowledgement of some kind, it would help but we are basically being given the message our input is of no use or interest. The recent success this club achieved was brought about through a special co-operation between club and fans that came from adversity. It is something we were rightfully proud about. Duchatelet would probably have more support if he had a modicum of communication skills. His CEO is a yes woman who's lack of experience has been woefully exposed of late. Duchatelet may actually enjoy winding fans up - he does seem good at it, but it feels totally needless and is worrying and should be to. If we stop feeling we are part of this club, it will end badly. I can only do so.
  • Sorry unable to attend tomorrow night with my son due to work commitments, have a good meeting but keep it sensible folks.
  • edited February 2015

Sorry unable to attend tomorrow night with my son due to work commitments, have a good meeting but keep it sensible folks.

Apology for absence accepted Les, only 14,500 more awaited then. :-0
  • Sorry unable to attend tomorrow night with my son due to work commitments, have a good meeting but keep it sensible folks.

It's Wednesday night!!

• Sponsored links:

• Yes sorry about that, hope I didn't confuse anyone working late all this week ,seems a long week already
  • I still predict a good turn out. I can't make it but emailed the trust with a few of my views. Again I think they have done an excellent job in organising this. We all have different views, which means it will be interesting to see if we can reach a general consensus.

My own opinion was to try and encourage more of a dialogue with RD. I'm pretty sure it's something that's been tried already, but might help to try again. My thoughts were reminding him of the history of our club a'la curbs when he got the video of our history to show prospective players what we're all about. I know from my job that he'll prob just brush us off to speak with KM (fobbed off to the non decision maker), so we have to try hard.

If we can encourage that channel of communication, then maybe there can be hope of getting this to work and RD potentially being open to collaboration.
  • I said the other day that I'd produce some stats on Charlton's new players under the current regime in time for the meeting. Here they are:

https://staddickstics.wordpress.com/2015/02/17/charltons-new-first-teamers-under-the-duchatelet-regime/

• Serious question - will there be adequate seated accommodation for us old grunters ? I am planning to attend with my sister Dolly and I'm afraid that both of us are too fragile to stand for long. Yours - Private Godfrey (aka GHF).

• Serious question - will there be adequate seated accommodation for us old grunters ? I am planning to attend with my sister Dolly and I'm afraid that both of us are too fragile to stand for long. Yours - Private Godfrey (aka GHF).

As long she brings the cucumber sandwiches :-)

Lots of seating
  • Done it, but I wish question 2 had a "don't know" option.
  • Done mine too.
  • Hope you've got spotters in the audience looking out for RD/KM's insiders who will report back!