Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Press at the Valley today. (Luzon Press Conf)

Comments

• Talal said:

I remember people fuming about us having too much white on our kit, bet no one thought it could get any worse than that...

Then we left the Valley and ground shared with Palarse and Wet Spam- appalling days.
  • What I do find interesting is people asking what Solly, JJ think, I strongly believe that player power lead to Peeters being sacked and don't be too surprised if there was a almighty barnie after Saturday's match, which was the tipping point.So they may well have got their wish and will probably be happy for anybody else to take up the reigns.

I expect another Barnie very soon mate .
  • We need to get behind the manager and the Team ...as for Duchatelet, Meire and Murray they are what they are and will not change and truth be known don't give a hoot what the fans feel or think.

I hope Luzon hits the ground running because if he does not I can see an experience English manager being brought in to sort out the mess and help us avoid Relegation ( AC).

10 games ...gives him 10 games then judge him.

As for Murray and Meire ( M and M ) never buy those sweeties again
  • Talal said:

I remember people fuming about us having too much white on our kit, bet no one thought it could get any worse than that...

Then we left the Valley and ground shared with Palarse and Wet Spam- appalling days.
    This season? How'd I miss that
  • Luzon: "I'm the kind of guy who hates to lose and loves to win." How's that for staggering profundity?
  • Swisdom said:

Fuck me people - give the bloke a chance.

His chair is still spinning from Bob's departure so he won't have all the answers.

If we hadn't done a press conference there would have been people up in arms about the secrecy of the club - so we do a press conference and belittle the fact he doesn't know the ins and outs of a ducks arse!

Maybe - just maybe - the club simply can't win!

Best post of the day!!
  • The hate on here is very high

Mangina
  • Sponsored links:

• jdsd42 said:

We need to get behind the manager and the Team ...as for Duchatelet, Meire and Murray they are what they are and will not change and truth be known don't give a hoot what the fans feel or think.

I hope Luzon hits the ground running because if he does not I can see an experience English manager being brought in to sort out the mess and help us avoid Relegation ( AC).

9th game agaist Huddersfield, I hope we are clear of relegation zone by that time, otherwise the atmophere could be toxic.

• Talal said:

Talal said:

I thought he was referring to the mass protest in 1969 over the change of playing strip.
  • jdsd42 said:

We need to get behind the manager and the Team ...as for Duchatelet, Meire and Murray they are what they are and will not change and truth be known don't give a hoot what the fans feel or think.

Give him 10 games and judge him?
    Are you serious?
    He gets one game from me, one.
    Then he will get another one game.
    If we get 16 wins, 1 draw and 4 defeats between now and the end of the season then he will be judged by me as a resounding success.
  • jdsd42 said:

He will do well to last 10 games then Riga will come in like b4 .
  • edited January 2015
    We're getting a good sense of what supporters are thinking just now, not unanimous but... I wonder too what current/future sponsors are thinking, what decent Championship/Premiership players who might come in on loan or permanent deals are thinking. 'Charlton? I don't think I will touch them.' RD is a businessman and it is very strange indeed he hasn't figured that out. Or am I wrong?
  • Give him a chance to settle. Watching his eye movements, he was just trying to remember what he had been told to say. It's not his fault poor sod.
    In the meantime, where do I buy the flares please? I sense we have some riotous times ahead;-)
  • seth plum said:

jdsd42 said:

Are you serious?
    If we get 16 wins, 1 draw and 4 defeats between now and the end of the season then he will be judged by me as a resounding success.
    If he gets 16 wins ..he will be going back to Standard Liège to spearhead a champions league place ..

You have to give him 10 ...even a boxer get a 10 count
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

jdsd42 said:

seth plum said:

jdsd42 said:

Are you serious?
    If he gets 16 wins ..he will be going back to Standard Liège to spearhead a champions league place ..

He is our fourth manager in less than 12 months. If we get four a year, and each has a 10 game settling in period, that's virtually a season gone whilst we see what's occurring.
    Have to draw a line somewhere.
    He gets one game.

Could be a hero if he is still here and we beat Mealwool
  • jdsd42 said:

seth plum said:

jdsd42 said:

seth plum said:

jdsd42 said:

Are you serious?

He is our fourth manager in less than 12 months. If we get four a year, and each has a 10 game settling in period, that's virtually a season gone whilst we see what's occurring.
    Have to draw a line somewhere.
    He gets one game.

Could be a hero if he is still here and we beat Mealwool
    Riga could be in by then or maybe 1 of the other candidates .
  • Valley11 said:

A question for those who know more about the club than me; what debt did RD pay off/clear? In other words, how indebted to him are we? If he left tomorrow, would the club be in the same state it was in before he took over? Obviously that depends on who takes over but have we got a sizeable debt that RD's basically managing or did he clear it?

If he left tomorrow, he'd take his pitch with him...

• He's already on Tony Watt's case!
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

I thought he was referring to the mass protest in 1969 over the change of playing strip.
    It was me :smile: ... No meant this season
  • Swisdom said:

Fuck me people - give the bloke a chance.

His chair is still spinning from Bob's departure so he won't have all the answers.

If we hadn't done a press conference there would have been people up in arms about the secrecy of the club - so we do a press conference and belittle the fact he doesn't know the ins and outs of a ducks arse!

Maybe - just maybe - the club simply can't win!

But surely when you go for a job interview as a manager (in any industry) you ask some questions and find out what your operating budgets are and get an idea of who you are working with don't you?
    Not in 'The Netverk'

• The vast majority of posts on here are negative and depressing which is depressing in itself. I am the complete opposite . I am proudly one of the few positive people on here who welcome Guy and want him to succeed and all this nonsense about how he has been appointed means nothing as these things happen all the time. Don't you think Powell was ever sounded out before the interview process. Don't you think he was a nailed on cheap choice for Slater et al and who was known within the club? They knew him as a person . Didn't Parkinson get appointed from inside the club? was not this a done deal? Same with Bob peeters same with Guy Luzon. Same with most appointments. The charade of following procedure is just that with most clubs. They have the man they want already given the nod and then they play the procedural game. Now Luzon is no Ferguson, no Moyes and no mourinho but when did united go through a real procedure to get moyes? Look, Luzon is probably affordable, got lots of footballing experience is enthusiastic, got access to players from the network which are free (some are crap others are good) which is a little like taking a punt on a league one or two player and we have tried this (moussa); its a bit of a lottery either way unless you spend some serious dosh. But please enough of this tosh about british managers with experience; there are many out there who are also crap. Lets just see if the players respond to this bloke and start playing like they did at the start of this season.
  • I'm afraid I didn't get much sense of gravitas from Mr Luzon on that showing. He looks very young - like a shy schoolboy. Not impressed but let's see what happens at Watford.

Fuck me, you aint giving him long are you?!