Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Press at the Valley today. (Luzon Press Conf)

Comments

• Was he the only manager you interviewed?

"No."

Anyone with from within English football?

"I think most managers who didn't get the job wouldn't like me to disclose that kind of information."

Without naming names can you say whether you considered English based managers?

"No (shakes head)."

Is that No she can't say or No, they didn't consider English based managers.
  • why is everyone so bothered about his English? Took Pochiettino nearly a year to even mutter a word in English so he is streets ahead of that. Or perhaps he should have spoken in Israeli with an interpreter as that would have given you all another stick to beat him over the head with. Jeez, give the guy a break.

Apparently Pochiettino did speak English but not to the media and I though that was wrong.
    I am bothered by his lack of spoken English as we are an English club and whilst our players come from a few different countries for most of them English is the common language and therefore the Head Coach must be able to communicate well with them and please don't say that he can use Ben Haim as an interpreter as that just won't do.
    Think its very wise for him not to speak English to the media...

You hear of our British Tour De France riders speaking English to the foreign media all the time, reason being when something is put in the papers that is untrue, the cyclist can easily turn around and state it wasn't translated properly and that the journalist should be doing a better job, at the end of the day Football has got to the point where the lives of Managers and Players arent made easy by the media, so why should the media's lives be made easier in return
  • If Murray, Meire RD et al think these statements will quell fan unrest they have got to be deluded. This is as angry as i've ever felt. Are we allowed Anti RD banners?
  • edited January 2015
    A question for those who know more about the club than me; what debt did RD pay off/clear? In other words, how indebted to him are we? If he left tomorrow, would the club be in the same state it was in before he took over? Obviously that depends on who takes over but have we got a sizeable debt that RD's basically managing or did he clear it?
  • If Murray, Meire RD et al think these statements will quell fan unrest they have got to be deluded. This is as angry as i've ever felt. Are we allowed Anti RD banners?

Probably get confiscated at home games, but worth a try. Nothing to stop us at away games.
  • ForeverAddickted - it is not the media the manager talks to it us the fans through the media, we can't question the manager but the media can and so they are our ears and voice, not to speak English to British fans of an English club is disrespectful.
  • I actually thought he was crapping his pants during that session.
  • Sponsored links:

• If, and it's a big IF, we do get anything from the match on Saturday, it will be more down to Jackson, Matthew and the likes of.

He'll get my support, but it's difficult to see how he's going to motivate the team atm.
  • ForeverAddickted - it is not the media the manager talks to it us the fans through the media, we can't question the manager but the media can and so they are our ears and voice, not to speak English to British fans of an English club is disrespectful.

If the Manager wants to talk to us fans then he needs to do it through CAFC Player.

He'd be stupid to talk to us honestly through the National Media because they're only interested in spinning their web of lies to sell their product and to make money

• He'd be stupid to talk to us honestly through the National Media because they're only interested in spinning their web of lies to sell their product and to make money

They sound perfect for a job at Charlton under Roland and Katrien's regime.
  • I would normally be defensive of RM for what he has done in the past and early days of my Charlton support but watching him today, i just want him to get out of there, rightly or wrongly for whatever he has done in recent time, its depressing to see him being dragged out for the media whenever Roland wants as an attempt to placate us fans.
  • I would normally be defensive of RM for what he has done in the past and early days of my Charlton support but watching him today, i just want him to get out of there, rightly or wrongly for whatever he has done in recent time, its depressing to see him being dragged out for the media whenever Roland wants as an attempt to placate us fans.

I agree but he won't get out when he's owed so much money. It's degrading really.
  • Are you lot still moaning?

Are you still moaning about other people not having the same view as you?
    Its a question mate, not a moan.
    It was a rhetorical question so yes it was clearly a moan
  • What I do find interesting is people asking what Solly, JJ think, I strongly believe that player power lead to Peeters being sacked and don't be too surprised if there was a almighty barnie after Saturday's match, which was the tipping point.So they may well have got their wish and will probably be happy for anybody else to take up the reigns.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    So thanks, Murray, for confirming that we should be grateful to have Luzon in charge because he has a good relationship with the owner.

In other words, Roland says, "Jump" and Luzon replies, "How high?".

Don't quite think the old and successful relationship between Murray and Curbs worked like that...
  • Murray gets his money back by towing the line and a free seat like he has for the last fifteen yeard
  • Was just going to ask what purpose Murray serves?
  • Good post, JohnfromNorfolk.

Tiger Hill ....... blimey, remember him too, when I was a kid.

• Nug said:

Love to know what Solly, JJ etc are thinking at the moment.

Whoops, better the devil you know
  • That press conference has to be one of the most depressing things I've seen as a fan.

I can't even give any proper thought out reasons for it, I just found it sad.

• What exactly does Richard Murray do at the club these days? Is he just there as some sort or reassurance? because for me it isn't working.