Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Press at the Valley today. (Luzon Press Conf)

Comments

• Absolutely nothing positive emerging from these shambolic events/Press conference. Duchatalet will find out the effect of this. People will stop going. Who is going to pay good money, if the product is poor and there is no ambition for the club. I agree with others, the Playoffs should be where we are aiming.
  • All GL has to do is set up a proper attacking formation, where the ball is won in the midfield, passed wide and crossed into the box, or played straight through the centre for a striker to run on to.
    Then all 11 players have to put in a full shift, based on their known abilities.

I don't think home fans are asking for much else ?
    Are we ?

Away from home it's about getting what we can and holding onto any points on offer.

Again, I don't think travelling the support are over demanding, with the possible exception of a London derby - where fans are more result-orientated than usual.

Fully agree. It's a simple game sometimes.

• edited January 2015
    Swisdom said:

Fuck me people - give the bloke a chance.

His chair is still spinning from Bob's departure so he won't have all the answers.

If we hadn't done a press conference there would have been people up in arms about the secrecy of the club - so we do a press conference and belittle the fact he doesn't know the ins and outs of a ducks arse!

Maybe - just maybe - the club simply can't win!

But surely when you go for a job interview as a manager (in any industry) you ask some questions and find out what your operating budgets are and get an idea of who you are working with don't you?
  • I really didn't understand a lot of that.
  • Swisdom said:

His chair is still spinning from Bob's departure so he won't have all the answers.

If we hadn't done a press conference there would have been people up in arms about the secrecy of the club - so we do a press conference and belittle the fact he doesn't know the ins and outs of a ducks arse!

But surely when you go for a job interview as a manager (in any industry) you ask some questions and find out what your operating budgets are and get an idea of who you are working with don't you?
    What makes you think he was ever interviewed?
  • Swisdom said:

Yes. And the last thing you do is blab and say "my backroom staff will be Person A and Person B and I've got fuckloads of money to spend"

Maybe the backroom staff are not agreed / decided yet. He has only just arrived. And he'd be a baboon if he came out explaining we have money to spend (if indeed we do)

• edited January 2015
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Yes. And the last thing you do is blab and say "my backroom staff will be Person A and Person B and I've got fuckloads of money to spend"

Maybe the backroom staff are not agreed / decided yet. He has only just arrived. And he'd be a baboon if he came out explaining we have money to spend (if indeed we do)

Of course you don't have state details, but clearly he had no idea at all.

EDIT: To be fair, I don't think he understood the backroom staff question.
  • Sponsored links:

• meldrew66 said:

Oh, my, god, that has to be the worst interview I have ever seen on TV. Even allowing for his language limitations, the body language, apathetic & abject comments, lack of interest etc leave me feeling very nervous about this whole situation. I can see this guy gone in no time at all. Did he inspire anyone else on here? Are you filled with confidence that we left 'no stone un-turned' in appointing the best person for the job? It's a complete shambles and we, the fans, are being treated like mugs and idiots by KM who, until now, had nothing but my admiration. I am becoming very angry with the whole set up. Such a shame when you consider we could easily be top 8 right now if Igor and George had tucked away their 1 on 1's recently. Not happy. I can see nothing but a relegation battle ahead. I'm waiting for RD to send our best players out on loan in Hungary any day soon. Pathetic and incredibly frustrating for us fans. I would imagine Slater and Big Tony are having a chuckle somewhere seedy at the farce that is CAFC these days.

Already 'liked' it, but have to say 'this' too. You have summed up exactly how I feel.
  • More like the next Sarah Ferguson.....a right royal cock up!!!
  • edited January 2015
    shirty5 said:
    Touche Katrien, Touche .... You want to leave me here to fend for myself Roland, with old 'Roll out Richard' well take a look at this absolute whopper
  • Anyway. Welcome Mr Luzon. Good to see you have English as a 2nd . . . personality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Here is the press conference

http://youtu.be/c0K_zyvYlp8

It's actually making me angry watching that.
    I just want to hear the sound of my alarm clock go off, slowly open my eyes and have that amazing realisation that it was just a terrible dream.
  • shirty5 said:
    Interesting that she says'he came on his own'. Sounds like everything stays the same except the coach. No change of strategy,probably no players from outside the network and blame the coach when it fails.
  • Uboat said:

Here is the press conference

I just want to hear the sound of my alarm clock go off, slowly open my eyes and have that amazing realisation that it was just a terrible dream.
    How far back do you want that dream to go?
  • Uboat said:

Here is the press conference

Me and you both.

Going to be at Watford but won't bother with the next home game I don't think. Will be staying in the pub.
  • edited January 2015
    Thanks for posting the video Lincs, I was thinking have I entered a parallel universe watching it though.
  • I don't like the way his eyebrows are constantly moving while he talks.
  • Can't believe Katrien has stated he can be our Alex Ferguson