Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Press at the Valley today. (Luzon Press Conf)

Comments

• MrLargo said:

Not one straight answer. What a waste of time. Katrien sat there nodding away, offering nothing.

Pointless press conference in my opinion.

When aren't they.

Holloway has got all the charm and bullshit in the world, not doing him any good this season. Lets judge him on results.
    Now the talk is about staying up. Opportunity missed.
    10 points off the play-offs, 8 points ahead of the relegation spots, bang in the middle of the table. Absolutely Pathetic. I'm not deluded enough to think that we've got any chance of going up with this lot in charge, but when you're 14th in the table I think it's pretty disgusting to set your target as not dropping by more than 7 places over the course of the last 21 games of the season.

Says a lot about the level of player investment we can expect during the remainder of the transfer window as well.
    I'm afraid you may well be spot on there.

But "let's see where we are next summer" (sic)
  • MrLargo said:

Not one straight answer. What a waste of time. Katrien sat there nodding away, offering nothing.

When aren't they.

Holloway has got all the charm and bullshit in the world, not doing him any good this season. Lets judge him on results.
    10 points off the play-offs, 8 points ahead of the relegation spots, bang in the middle of the table. Absolutely Pathetic. I'm not deluded enough to think that we've got any chance of going up with this lot in charge, but when you're 14th in the table I think it's pretty disgusting to set your target as not dropping by more than 7 places over the course of the last 21 games of the season.

Says a lot about the level of player investment we can expect during the remainder of the transfer window as well.
    I'm afraid you may well be spot on there.

But "let's see where we are next summer" (sic)
    Did anyone explicitly say that that was our aim for the rest of the season? I only watched the SSN bit haven't listened to the rest of it.
  • Whats happened to CAFC Player its all gone quiet, unless someone has a connection?
  • Pedro45 said:

Katrien says they interviewed others too!

This woman is a compulsive liar, clearly.
    Harsh.

She's only doing her job in the way she is told to do it.

And it seems she's only saying what she's told to say.

• Oggy Red said:

Pedro45 said:

Harsh.

She's only doing her job lying in the way she is told to do it.

• Pedro45 said:

well she spoke to Lenny Lawrence last week, David Pleat and Tim Sherwood were there too so that's another three spoken to ;-))

• Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Pedro45 said:

Harsh.

She's only doing her job in the way she is told to do it.

Indeed. RD has to go down in history as one of the greatest puppeteers of all time.
  • Pedro45 said:

well she spoke to Lenny Lawrence last week, David Pleat and Tim Sherwood were there too so that's another three spoken to ;-))

I said hello to her once, does that count as a job interview?
  • Pedro45 said:

I'm sure she's spoken to a cleaner a cook and a cabbie too in the last week or so, but I would hardly call those interviews! :wink:
  • Yes, Katrien said that we are just trying to stay in this league, then we will look again in the summer. Luzon did not think we could get to the play offs. I support the club but I'm very disheartened by KM's actions and words, by RM's sitting back and not saying anything, and by RD's use of our club as a social project (that is going badly wrong).

Player connection now broken, so no exclusive for Finchy today it seems...
  • MrLargo said:

When aren't they.

I agree but if they said our aim is pushing for promotion, play offs etc and we do finish 5th from bottom then it will be a major disaster and the fans will be calling for his head. Even the most optimistic of us know that is not really possible with the current depth. If we do perform and exceed expectations between now and May with a squad the size of Brentfords and Ipswich then it will only enhance his stature.

At the end of the day time will tell, lets give it to the end o the transfer window at least before we make our mid ups (again)

• How about turning up at the Rotherham game with lots of puppets on strings? When KM takes her seat in the directors box we can all wave the puppets at her!
  • MrLargo said:

When aren't they.

I take your points - all of them!
    Given we've been dropping one place a week since the Reading game they have to stop the slide. And the simplest way to do that is new coach AND a couple of quality additions to the squad.
    If they are trying to limp through to the summer then that will kill season ticket renewals - or at least the early ones.

Overall I've been optimistic about where our squad has been going and that there is a chance in this window and over the summer to bring in the right players to build on what we have. Many fans recognise we have decent players but not quite enough!

The beauty of three points for a win is that if they sort it out they could create a slim chance of making 6th - a little bit of excitement AND something to build on for next time.

Conversely if we get nothing in the next two aways then Rotherham at home could get toxic! Let's see how it goes.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

He has seen a couple of Charlton games, and his knowledge of the championship is that it is high tempo, full stadiums, and big atmospheres.

If he's watched us at home he'll know we're nowhere near being full up!

Have to say I remain undecided about Luzon. We haven't seen enough to judge whether or not he's a clown or not, and regardless of what others from SL say, I think we have to make up our own minds after seeing what he can achieve after 10 or so games. There is precious little we can do about it one way or the other: it is a fait accompli.

All we can hope for is that he inspires the team enough to pull back a few wins and keep us in the Championship for next season.

Have to say that my current undecided, sitting on the fence position is uncomfortable: too many splinters in my arse. However if this feller gets the results, has consistency and gets the players moulded into a team, then I'll be 100% in favour.

• Reading the comments it sounds like a positive press conference, what year are we aiming for European football?
  • seth plum said:

He has seen a couple of Charlton games, and his knowledge of the championship is that it is high tempo, full stadiums, and big atmospheres.

He couldnt of got any of that from watching Charlton then....
  • MrLargo said:

When aren't they.

I agree but if they said our aim is pushing for promotion, play offs etc and we do finish 5th from bottom then it will be a major disaster and the fans will be calling for his head. Even the most optimistic of us know that is not really possible with the current depth. If we do perform and exceed expectations between now and May with a squad the size of Brentfords and Ipswich then it will only enhance his stature.

At the end of the day time will tell, lets give it to the end o the transfer window at least before we make our mid ups (again)

She's not limited to "getting promoted" and "not getting relegated" as targets to set. Something like "we want to have a strong second half of the season" would be a step in the right direction.

"if they said our aim is pushing for promotion, play offs etc and we do finish 5th from bottom then it will be a major disaster and the fans will be calling for his head."

If we go from 14th in the table to 5th from bottom between now and the end of the season then the fans will be calling for his head regardless of what Katrien thinks our target is for the rest of the season.
  • MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

When aren't they.

She's not limited to "getting promoted" and "not getting relegated" as targets to set. Something like "we want to have a strong second half of the season" would be a step in the right direction.

"if they said our aim is pushing for promotion, play offs etc and we do finish 5th from bottom then it will be a major disaster and the fans will be calling for his head."

If we go from 14th in the table to 5th from bottom between now and the end of the season then the fans will be calling for his head regardless of what Katrien thinks our target is for the rest of the season.
    Agreed again but theyre spiel will be that targets were achieved
  • edited January 2015

Reading the comments it sounds like a positive press conference, what year are we aiming for European football?

The year they merge the Conference South with the 8th tier of the Belgian Football League.