Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbs On Sky - Confirms Interest In Job

Comments

• I didn't think I'd ever say it but I would welcome him back(without Big Merv)--but being a very single-minded individual,how would he get on with RD's regime?There is probably some common ground there but RD would have to leave all things football to Curbs.
  • edited January 2015
    Latest betting seems to back up what I posted earlier...Luzon now 1/2, Fraeye 5/2, Curbs now 12/1. So Luzon coninues to drift, Fraeye is virtually stationary, Curbs in from 16's. Interesting!
  • Bloody Fraeye was 16/1. When I look at these odds, i'm not thinking about the future of Charlton, but rather the potential money I could have earnt

Apologies I thought Fraeye was not moving but just looked at a bet I placed at 09:30 this morning and took him at 11/1, I also took Curbs at 16/1 and Matthew at 16/1.
  • Based on the statement from the club, it seems doubtful they are going to announce a new manager tonight. They are going to be considering their options, with this in mind surely they will at least speak to Curbs!
  • Well Guy Luzon's odds only started drifting after Curbs appeared on SSN...
  • edited January 2015

As other's have suggested, maybe the way to go here is promote from within (a team of Matthews/Roberts/Euell) and put Curbs in upstairs as DoF. He might be able to fill that kind of role successfully within the network structure and a senior football man upstairs in a permanent CAFC job could well be good for the club and the young coaching team.

Agreed Curbs would probably make a good Director of Football but the vacancy is Head Coach and there is no way he would take on that role
  • I would like to see Curbs back, with Jason Euell alongside to learn from the master.

• As other's have suggested, maybe the way to go here is promote from within (a team of Matthews/Roberts/Euell) and put Curbs in upstairs as DoF. He might be able to fill that kind of role successfully within the network structure and a senior football man upstairs in a permanent CAFC job could well be good for the club and the young coaching team.

Agreed Curbs would probably make a good Director of Football but the vacancy is Head Coach and there is no way he would take on that role
    Werent he Director of Football at Fulham when they were sinking.
  • Sponsored links:

• As other's have suggested, maybe the way to go here is promote from within (a team of Matthews/Roberts/Euell) and put Curbs in upstairs as DoF. He might be able to fill that kind of role successfully within the network structure and a senior football man upstairs in a permanent CAFC job could well be good for the club and the young coaching team.

For about a week.
  • se9addick said:

All joking aside I can't imagine anyone that RD is less likely to appoint.

Or that AC is less likely to want to work for.

For about a week.
    not good enough, should have won the league in that time
  • edited January 2015
    I doubt Curbs will come back even if offered the job. But you never know.

Anyway, he took W Ham to court, because his contract stated that he would have control over team affairs, without interference and this didn't happen.

IF he joined CAFC again, it would presumably be as a coach & he would know from the off, that he wouldn't be deciding on the players coming in/out etc.

IF he agreed to that, then it's slightly different.

The thing is, I doubt it would be offered and I doubt he'd want it.

But what do we actually KNOW.

I've signed the petition. He's been the best CAFC manager in most of our lifetimes and if it get's him an interview, then it's all good.
  • He must have some interest in the job though. He knew by saying what he did on Sky earlier it would create a headline, why would he bother if he didnt want to throw his hat in the ring?
  • just had a first glimpse at this thread. not sure if already said, probably has....

all I can say is that they are looking for a head coach, not a manager. which means if curbs took the job he would not have any or little say in the recruitments of the squad. this fact for me makes me pretty certain curbs will not be back.
  • Wasn't the bloke that sold the player behind Curbs back a bumbling white-haired buffoon that knew nothing about football but had bought a club as a hobby?
  • If Sir Alan came back I would be so stunned but overwhelmed with delight. Even just hearing that he is interested and there is a chance, no matter how miniscule, it could happen has made my day.

Please let it happen.
  • I can't see anyone else giving Curbishley a job. If he comes back to us and does well then he could get back into the Premier League. I can see why he would want to talk to us. I can't see why RD would want to talk to him though.

Time will tell.
  • I think this would be a nightmare. The unstoppable force (AC) meets the immovable object (RD) Mind you it would be interesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• which means if curbs took the job he would not have any or little say in the recruitments of the squad. this fact for me makes me pretty certain curbs will not be back.

If Watt is to be believed then BP was given a list of Network players and only chose one.

On the other hand, perhaps he got the tin-tack because he stood up to RD on that issue?
  • edited January 2015

As other's have suggested, maybe the way to go here is promote from within (a team of Matthews/Roberts/Euell) and put Curbs in upstairs as DoF. He might be able to fill that kind of role successfully within the network structure and a senior football man upstairs in a permanent CAFC job could well be good for the club and the young coaching team.

Isn't "the man upstairs" Katrien?
  • An easy way to get the fans onside
  • Rumour from a friend that Matthews is in charge till the end of the season

Not to sure how serious it is but did tell me about vetokele and Henderson

Prefer that to AN Other Network Numpty. Would also be cheap, which is bound to be a big attraction to RD.
  • Don't forget - Curbishley did not sell out The Valley. Airman Brown did.
  • edited January 2015
    PL54 said:

Don't forget - Curbishley did not sell out The Valley. Airman Brown did.

Actually it just wasn't sold out a lot of the time, other than the obvious games. At some points in the early 2000s there were thousands of comps being issued via the community scheme. After the 1990s and Target 10k I didn't get involved in that stuff again until the back end of 2004, about 18 months before he left.
  • I think we need a period of normality, stability, and methodical planning and implementation. Curbs would bring us that, but I don't think it would be particularly exciting, whereas Riga would be.
    Curbs is a more conservative, steady as you go, kind of manager. I honestly don't think RD would be as patient as Murray/Varney were.