Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbs On Sky - Confirms Interest In Job

Comments

• edited January 2015

markmc68 said:

AC's cv reads.
    Took over this club when we were going nowhere.
    I know and understand the club.
    Taken the club into the premiership.
    Kept the club in the premiership.
    Don't stand for any old bollocks.
    Had Mervyn Day as 1st team coach.

RD response.
    Sounds good. But please no Mervyn Day

What if Big Merv changed his name to Mervyn van Day, so sound more like the sort of Low Countries regional league coach that seems to appeal to RD?

;-)
    Alain Curbisleè and Mervyn van Day. See Roland, they're Belgian.
  • As much as we are getting excited at the prospect of him returning, we all know deep down it will never happen, which is gutting really.
  • "I look at the Championship and, I’m not being disrespectful, but not many foreign managers have won promotion.

“I think Roberto Di Matteo did at West Brom a few years back and Jean Tigana at Fulham.

“I think it’s mainly British managers that have been around it for some time that tend to do well, so maybe chairman should think about that.”
  • http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9642406/alan-curbishley-admits-he-is-ready-to-talk-to-charlton-over-their-managerial-vacancy

He's very positive about us:
    “And if you get a decent run, and Charlton only need a couple of wins and they will be threatening the play-off positions again.”

"I look at the Championship and, I’m not being disrespectful, but not many foreign managers have won promotion. I think Roberto Di Matteo did at West Brom a few years back and Jean Tigana at Fulham. I think it’s mainly British managers that have been around it for some time that tend to do well, so maybe chairman should think about that.”

Sadly RD won't listen to him.... :(
  • "I look at the Championship and, I’m not being disrespectful, but not many foreign managers have won promotion.

“I think Roberto Di Matteo did at West Brom a few years back and Jean Tigana at Fulham.

“I think it’s mainly British managers that have been around it for some time that tend to do well, so maybe chairman should think about that.”

Come and get me RD!
  • Please stop it, it's just making me feel hopeful and everybody knows it would be completely counter to the way things are being done. Curbs would want guarantees that simply won't be available.
  • Has a manager ever had such a long period out of the game, returned, and been successful?
  • Sponsored links:

• Has a manager ever had such a long period out of the game, returned, and been successful?

Would it make us worse...Bring in Curbs!!!

• I doubt Murray would want him back, seeing that he ended his contract a year early and paid him for that year too despite Curbs saying that he would see it out or mentor a new manager in.

But Murray knew best.

Lol you beat me to it... That's exactly what I just highlighted as well. I think it's the most important part of that article.
  • edited January 2015
    Double post...
    (By the way, I've always wondered why there's no delete button under one's own post?)

Di Matteo shouldn't really count as one here in my opinion as his playing / managing career in England spans 1996 -2012. Curbs has a point though, the prospects of winning promotion is heavily weighted in favour of British Managers.
  • never go back
    curb's and roly douchebag's salary expectations won't match
    curb's point about experienced championship managers are usually the ones to achieve promotion is valid - curbs hasn't managed in the championship for a decade and a half
  • If RD would appoint curbs as our next gaffer most of my negative views toward roly will turn into positives.

Fingers crossed but can't see it.
  • Curbs left because he thought he was to good for us.
    Reckon he is only keen now because he is desperate.
    Move on.
    Who wants to see the bags under his eyes grow to take over his face again.
  • Curbs left because he thought he was to good for us.
    Reckon he is only keen now because he is desperate.
    Move on.
    Who wants to see the bags under his eyes grow to take over his face again.

Did he really think he was too good for us or did he just feel he'd taken us as he could? He did offer to do one more year but Murray said no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bring back Alan,RD.
  • colin1961 said:

Remember Curbs paid 2.4 mill for Marcus Bent and paid him 23k week before he left ... Remember him falling out with a lot of players including Murphy, Parker, Rommadhal and Dean Kiely...

I remember he consistently finished well away from relegation... On a budget...sold out the Valley week in week out and sold Parker for £10m. Sounds a like a very shrewd operator who M.Duchatelet might appreciate even if only on a consultancy basis to help out in the second year of Staprix ownership.
  • Rumour from a friend that Matthews is in charge till the end of the season

Not to sure how serious it is but did tell me about vetokele and Henderson

Would be happy with that as long as it didn't mean Luzon or any other Duchatelet reject was lined up for the summer. Give Matthews a chance and if he's good enough, appoint him long-term, if he isn't, let him go back to his role as coach.

I'd have been happy with one of curbs, Matthews or Riga, so I'm pleased with this. Much better option than Luzon IMO.

Now hopefully RD will back him to make a few signings and secure safety/slyly push for the play offs