Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbs On Sky - Confirms Interest In Job

Comments

• Never go back.

Curbs surely couldn't work under the restraints of the current regime, doesn't seem a good match.

Leave his legacy in a good place.
  • edited January 2015
    Charlton Twitter commentary gone extremely quite mid way through u21s match...

Expect an announcement soon as i personally believe it's being drafted up as I speak
  • colin1961 said:

Remember Curbs paid 2.4 mill for Marcus Bent and paid him 23k week before he left ... Remember him falling out with a lot of players including Murphy, Parker, Rommadhal and Dean Kiely...

Are you really this thick, or just trolling ?
  • Damian Matthew is a top bloke.
  • Charlton Twitter commentary gone extremely quite mid way through u21s match...

Expect an announcement soon as i personally believe it's being drafted up as I speak

Roland's just getting Katrien to proof read the template before he sends to the comms team. [Insert name of former Standard Liege coach here].
  • seth plum said:

Damian Matthew is a top bloke.

And he's worked with some top Coaches already... Wasn't he at Chelsea under Mourinho first time round?
  • seth plum said:

And he's worked with some top Coaches already... Wasn't he at Chelsea under Mourinho first time round?
    I think they may have just missed each other.
  • Sponsored links:

• we can but dream
    still would never be exciting enough for some
  • we can but dream
    still would never be exciting enough for some

There was me helping you to move on from CP & AC and Curbs goes and gets you all excited again. :wink:
  • Alan Curbishley ..... the reason I didn't renew my season ticket.
    We still play balls sideways but at least we now go forwards sometimes

I just don't get forward balls only, possession is the way forward, backwards, forwards, sideways, who cares. With the ball you don't let goals in. The slagging off and booing when the ball goes backwards is unreal. Everyone must want route one football. If there's not a ball to feet going forwards, keep the ball and pass backwards or sideways. KEEP POSSESSION!
  • edited January 2015

seth plum said:

Just did a quick check

Matthew joined us in 2006 (Cant believe he's been with us that long) - Mourinho was at Chelsea from 2004 - 2007 first time
  • edited January 2015

seth plum said:

Just did a quick check

Matthew joined us in 2006 (Cant believe he's been with us that long) - Mourinho was at Chelsea from 2004 - 2007 first time
    Interesting. Same time as Rodgers as well?
  • Just put a tenner on Matthews next manager at 16/1 sky bet
  • Dave jones according to sky?! Wtffff
  • Could this happen? I haven't been this excited since Thuram went home.
  • Sponsored links:

Dave jones according to sky?! Wtffff

Whoops. Stick to the GILFS mate.
  • Dave jones according to sky?! Wtffff

What was the question?
  • Curbs did wonders at Charlton.
    But when he left I feel it was because he had taken Charlton as far as he could and it was all down hill from there in.
  • Would people rather a network guy or a shit British manager, like Jones or Jewell?
  • kevtherev said:

Curbs did wonders at Charlton.
    But when he left I feel it was because he had taken Charlton as far as he could and it was all down hill from there in.

But now we are down in the championship again. If he can only take us to mid table premiership again that's fine by me.

Dave jones according to sky?! Wtffff

Whoops. Stick to the GILFS mate.
    Meryl Streep?
  • Curbs is not an instant success type manager, it took him years to build a good team. Remember when Curbs lost 10 in a row and still kept his job? would Roland even accept 5 defeats in a row.
    Would love to see him back as manager but times have changed so much, we now live in an instant world.
  • Talal said:

Would people rather a network guy or a shit British manager, like Jones or Jewell?

The latter . I think.
  • How is Jones shit?

Got Wolves out of this league and got Cardiff to the playoffs.
  • Talal said:

Would people rather a network guy or a shit British manager, like Jones or Jewell?

would not call either of them shit, average both have had success and failure.