Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbs On Sky - Confirms Interest In Job

Comments

• Talal said:

Would people rather a network guy or a shit British manager, like Jones or Jewell?

Neither.
  • Just put a tenner on Matthews next manager at 16/1 sky bet

Dave jones according to sky?! Wtffff

Whoops. Stick to the GILFS mate.
    Meryl Streep?
  • Okay, replace shit for average then if that sits better
  • Curbs is not an instant success type manager, it took him years to build a good team. Remember when Curbs lost 10 in a row and still kept his job? would Roland even accept 5 defeats in a row.
    Would love to see him back as manager but times have changed so much, we now live in an instant world.

Kept West Ham up after taking over miid-season though. Also took a Charlton team straight back up as Champions.
  • WSS said:

How is Jones shit?

Got Wolves out of this league and got Cardiff to the playoffs.

Didn't do too well with the massives though?
  • Talal said:

Okay, replace shit for average then if that sits better

yes i would prefer to have someone who knows this league and has seen it and done it.

Meryl Streep?
    Oops, we're almost infiltrating this thread now
  • I am afraid there are two hopes of Curbishley taking over, Bob and no. I think the new Coach has already been decided.
  • Talal said:

yes i would prefer to have someone who knows this league and has seen it and done it.
    Like Curbs?
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:

Talal said:

Like Curbs?
    Yes would cream my pants but cant see it.
  • Talal said:

Yep, I'd prefer them too. Still don't rate them though.
  • dickplumb said:

I am afraid there are two hopes of Curbishley taking over, Bob and no. I think the new Coach has already been decided.

Keep up, Bob's been sacked.
  • Every manager is a gamble but i think Matthews would be too much of a gamble for me, would rather Luzon because if we like it or not we are still going to receive players from the network.
    Luzon would be better equipped to know the strengths and weakness of these players.
    Until obviously Roland sells up this is Charlton 2015
  • colthe3rd said:

Talal said:

Like Curbs?
    Yes would cream my pants but cant see it.
    Someone who hasn't seen it and done it for 14 years. Not sure it makes that much difference tbh.
  • edited January 2015
    cabbles said:

Does this mean Mervyn Day is coming back as well…?

Those massive thighs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcvjXAtzaMU&sns=em
  • Matthew 20/1 on BetVictor

Meryl Streep?
    16-1 on Betfair
  • markmc68 said:

AC's cv reads.
    Took over this club when we were going nowhere.
    I know and understand the club.
    Taken the club into the premiership.
    Kept the club in the premiership.
    Don't stand for any old bollocks.
    Had Mervyn Day as 1st team coach.

RD response.
    Sounds good. But please no Mervyn Day

What if Big Merv changed his name to Mervyn van Day, so sound more like the sort of Low Countries regional league coach that seems to appeal to RD?

;-)
    Alain Curbisleè and Mervyn van Day. See Roland, they're Belgian.
    Alain (le) Corbuslier
  • Sponsored links:

• Second time round, no thanks.
  • Curbs is not an instant success type manager, it took him years to build a good team. Remember when Curbs lost 10 in a row and still kept his job? would Roland even accept 5 defeats in a row.
    Would love to see him back as manager but times have changed so much, we now live in an instant world.

Kept West Ham up after taking over miid-season though. Also took a Charlton team straight back up as Champions.
    True, but unfortunately he wouldn't have Tevez at his disposal at Charlton, in fact he'd be walking into a very thin squad.

True, but unfortunately he wouldn't have Tevez at his disposal at Charlton, in fact he'd be walking into a very thin squad.

Which he did every year at Charlton.
  • Don't kid yourselves. Same as with peeters, we will get some bod from this ridiculous network who is willing to be a glove puppet
  • DM and goalkeeping coach Roberts in charge for Watford according to Sky sports
  • DM and goalkeeping coach Roberts in charge for Watford according to Sky sports

If this is the case, perhaps Roly is actually doing the sensible thing and seeing who applies for the job, rather than just going for one of his own.
  • Look at quotes I've just added to 'Peeters successor' thread
  • taken from twatter - Although still priced at odds of 16/1 there is a healthy amount of backing for Alan Curbishley to return to the Valley.

It would appear that money is going on Curbs, will be interesting to see if his odds are cut, Luzon's are drifting out now currently 4/9 from 1/6
  • A.C Makes a very good point saying

Not many Foreigner managers win or get promoted from the championship.

WE MUST GET A.C ON BOARD NOW