Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbs On Sky - Confirms Interest In Job

Has just said he would talk to RD about the job.

Comments

• ReallY? or is this a wind up?
  • Also mentioned a director of football role. Defo sounds like he wants to come back
  • Would RD want to speak to him tho?
  • he certainly didnt poo poo the idea! however he did say he'd expect RD to already have someone lined up
  • edited January 2015
    Get him now Roland FFS edit i realise he wouldnt read that but still thought id type it.
  • PLEASE GOD!!
  • "If they wanted to talk to me I'd have a chat" were the words he used.

Which was swiftly followed though by "I suspect that they've already got someone lined up".

He also indicated that he would be happy to go back in a role helping a younger coach - could he mean DM?
  • Sponsored links:

• Would have thought that suing West Ham for constructive dismissal after walking over the forced transfer of one of the players would not endear him to RD or any other chairman for that matter which probably explains his lack of football management jobs since
  • Would have thought that suing West Ham for constructive dismissal after walking over the forced transfer of one of the players would not endear him to RD or any other chairman for that matter which probably explains his lack of football management jobs since

Was very close to taking the Villa job before Houllier, that I think was the last full time post he was in the running for
  • cabbles said:

Would have thought that suing West Ham for constructive dismissal after walking over the forced transfer of one of the players would not endear him to RD or any other chairman for that matter which probably explains his lack of football management jobs since

Was very close to taking the Villa job before Houllier, that I think was the last full time post he was in the running for
    He was offered the Wolves job but turned it down after Big Mick left.
  • He just said that as he knows he wont get a call!
  • Don't tease, that's cruel.
  • Imagine the buzz about the place if he took the job
  • Sponsored links:

• Just go and get him..........this is your chance to safe your reputation or there is the potential of a backlash if you parachute another one from the Network.
  • Sky pushing him forward saying he's (AC) going to switch his phone on and wait for a call!! Well I can dream that RD is watching Sky HQ can't I???
  • Could you imagine the buzz if he came back? Would love it.

Wish I didn't know this though now as I thought there was never a chance and anyone we get other than Curbs will be disappointing.
  • FAO RD - Sky have also just confirmed that he's now turned his phone on. Can get you his mobile number if you are having any difficulty finding it.
  • Football never ceases to amaze me... but if this one did actually happen i would be completely flabbergasted.

It wont. Pity.
  • se9addick said:

All joking aside I can't imagine anyone that RD is less likely to appoint.

Brian May, Prince Philip and Sykes the dog from Midsomer Murders.

There's three to start with...

:wink:
  • I reckon Brian May would do alright