Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbs On Sky - Confirms Interest In Job

Comments

• I think Curbs is soiled goods

Additionally, RD will have never heard of him
  • This would be a smart move, even for 6 months. Not one for returns but it makes sense here.
  • PL54 said:

I think Curbs is soiled goods

But Murray has.
  • PL54 said:

But Murray has.
    Not so sure that Murray will have much, if any say in the matter. I suspect the fact that he is still involved is more of a PR exercise (I may be wrong).
  • Sponsored links:

• All one big tease. Will end up being some unknown network lover.
  • No way we should get Curbs. We wouldn't challenge for Europe with him in charge

Has he taken as far as he can already with all this excitement? I want to go back to being depressed.
    Time for a new face to come in and take us to the next level (of depression!)
  • Stop tormenting yourselves, its never going to happen.

I mean what else? Curbs as manager and SCP as his number 2

Nice thought though.

• Alan Curbishley ..... the reason I didn't renew my season ticket.
    We still play balls sideways but at least we now go forwards sometimes
  • I'd be overjoyed with tears if this did happen.......

But, like he said, chances are that RD already has someone lined up for the job. I'm 100% sure to wake up tomorrow and see another coach from the network appointed as our new Head Coach. As for DoF, I don't think it will happen either because it seems to me that RD wants to run the club at minimum costs so a DoF role probably will be seen as a waste of money to him since we've already got er... KM...

Those are just my realistic thoughts. Personally I've always wanted to see Curbs back to Charlton, in whatever capacity.
  • PL54 said:

But Murray has.
    Not so sure that Murray will have much, if any say in the matter. I suspect the fact that he is still involved is more of a PR exercise (I may be wrong).
    Don't understand the point of Murray at all anymore. I saw him on the Football League Show early in the season (when we were winning) with KM and RD, saying how fun and positive everything is at the moment, not seen or heard from him since. Anyway, as you say, no influence at all over RD.
  • Alan Curbishley ..... the reason I didn't renew my season ticket.
    We still play balls sideways but at least we now go forwards sometimes

Do we?
  • oohaah has just shot his load with excitement
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    Just seen a preview of FL72 Review (1.00pm on SS1) with Don Goodman giving it the 'With all due respect to Charlton' line 'their ambition surely must be to just stay in the Championship, there are much bigger clubs harbouring Premiership ambitions'. Cheers Don you condescending ar*ehole.
  • MrLargo said:

PL54 said:

But Murray has.
    Don't understand the point of Murray at all anymore. I saw him on the Football League Show early in the season (when we were winning) with KM and RD, saying how fun and positive everything is at the moment, not seen or heard from him since. Anyway, as you say, no influence at all over RD.
    Sits next to KM on matchday, but as above I think it is just token and for show. Also, he's probably got one fledgling eye on that £7m he's owed if we ever get promoted..........
  • RedChaser said:

Just seen a preview of FL72 Review (1.00pm on SS1) with Don Goodman giving it the 'With all due respect to Charlton' line 'their ambition surely must be to just stay in the Championship, there are much bigger clubs harbouring Premiership ambitions'. Cheers Don you condescending ar*ehole.

He has a valid point.
  • edited January 2015
    cabbles said:

MrLargo said:

PL54 said:

But Murray has.
    Sits next to KM on matchday, but as above I think it is just token and for show. Also, he's probably got one fledgling eye on that £7m he's owed if we ever get promoted..........
    By his own admission that's one of the reasons why he's still here. But he must give RD a call and have a word.
  • Dazzler21 said:

RedChaser said:

He has a valid point.
    He knows nothing, just trotting out his usual lazy punditry.
  • oohaah has just shot his load with excitement

Doubt it, he's a realist - chances of this happening are just below the 0% mark.
  • Surely RD would be mad not to atleast talk to our most sucessful manager in our recent history? Please please please RD speak to him, and i am sure you will love him as much as we do!

Alan C's Red and White Army!!
  • can we start a protest with burning pitchforks, 24-hour candlit vigil outside the Valley?

or perhaps someone has some better ideas ;)

please, please, please