Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbs On Sky - Confirms Interest In Job

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Luzon now 6/5 from 1/6 this morning....Fraeye 9/4 from 11/1....Freedman 7/2 from nowhere and Curbs drifted back out to 16/1 from his lowest price of 12/1

Freedman on the move he most and I'm worried about that!
  • A. Curbishley with Jackson learning the ropes
    B. Freedman and Lawrence
    C. From Roland's network
    D. Matthews and Roberts
    E. Ant and Dec
    F. Henry Irving and Fanny Fanackapan

Please this is important, give this some serious thought.
  • What RD surely wants in the long term is the club in the Premier League.

Step forward Curbs the man who has been there and got us there twice before and managed to sustain Premier League football.

Even though Curbs isn't a network lacky I do think RD would be stupid to overlook the same man who is willing to talk to him and yes while Curbs wouldn't come as cheap as RD would like, if Curbs got us back into the Premier League RD would be in serious profit regardless of Curbs' salary.

And who can make this happen? Step forward Richard Murray. He must have heard of Curbs' interest and could persuade RD to at least give Curbs an interview?
  • Luzon now 6/5 from 1/6 this morning....Fraeye 9/4 from 11/1....Freedman 7/2 from nowhere and Curbs drifted back out to 16/1 from his lowest price of 12/1

Freedman on the move he most and I'm worried about that!

In all seriousness, if Freedman is appointed after all the damage those 2 other Palace numpties - Pardew and Dowie -did to us, then my season ticket is going back.

Step forward Curbs the man who has been there and got us there twice before and managed to sustain Premier League football.

Even though Curbs isn't a network lacky I do think RD would be stupid to overlook the same man who is willing to talk to him and yes while Curbs wouldn't come as cheap as RD would like, if Curbs got us back into the Premier League RD would be in serious profit regardless of Curbs' salary.

And who can make this happen? Step forward Richard Murray. He must have heard of Curbs' interest and could persuade RD to at least give Curbs an interview?

I'm sure if RM thinks it's a realistic scenario he'll be doing exactly that. But it's a big if.
  • I think this would be a nightmare. The unstoppable force (AC) meets the immovable object (RD) Mind you it would be interesting.

Why has he been banned again? Doesn't seem he said anything wrong anywhere - he's just not well liked.
  • Curbs currently earns little - why would he be expensive?

Said exactly this on the petition thread.
  • I would love Curbs back.
  • Sponsored links:

B. Freedman and Lawrence
    C. From Roland's network
    D. Matthews and Roberts
    E. Ant and Dec

Jesus, not F... if you think Bob was good at falling out with people, he's got nothing on Henry Irving!

• I would love Curbs back.

THIS.

Only ex-boss that brings a lump to the throat (other than Chrissy who I saw interviewed on Look North tonight 'IN HIS FLAT CAP' still lots of man love for the bloke). If there ever was an itch that still needed to be scratched, Curbs is it.

Please Roland, do the deal. It's not like you can't afford it!
    B. Freedman and Lawrence
    C. From Roland's network
    D. Matthews and Roberts
    E. Ant and Dec

Jesus, not F... if you think Bob was good at falling out with people, he's got nothing on Henry Irving!

It would certainly be a bumpy ride.

I mean Henry not Fanny ;0)

• PL54 said:

I think this would be a nightmare. The unstoppable force (AC) meets the immovable object (RD) Mind you it would be interesting.

Why has he been banned again? Doesn't seem he said anything wrong anywhere - he's just not well liked.
    Curbs has been banned? From what? Applying for jobs?

• Nothing but respect for Curbs....but two things the first is going back often leads to disappointment and secondly he has been out of the game a long time and as we all know a year is a long time in Football I have to wonder if Curbs could hit the ground running so to speak.

Mind you if it's a choice between him and another network no mark then I'll take Curbs all day long. I just hope the club weighs up all the options and this time makes an appointment for the longetr term but with RD some fucking hope!
  • edited January 2015
    It gets a little more worrying...latest betting at 22:15....Luzon 6/4, Freedman 2/1, Fraeye 9/4 and Curbs coming back in at 12/1, there's your top 4 tonight. The odds on Freedman close even more!!
  • I was one of the "Curbs has taken us as far as he can crew" Jeez, I regret it, please bring the legend back
  • Would people boycott games with freedman in charge? Struggle to see why him over any other candidate
  • I don't think I can bring myself to watch another palace scumbag ruin us again
  • The charlton next manager market will be very small. The changes in odds will probably be driven by this forum! It doesn't mean a lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bring back Curbs!
  • Curbs really is scraping the bottom of the barrel these days.
    Have some respect man!
  • The charlton next manager market will be very small. The changes in odds will probably be driven by this forum! It doesn't mean a lot.

Fair point @Damonorthstand....but the 1 question I would ask is why would CAFC supporters lump dosh on and ex-palace bloke as against anyone else?
  • edited January 2015

Reports coming through... Leaked footage of Katrien and Roland having a laugh at this thread as we speculate at the new man when they know they've already made their decision...

Roland is more The Thin White Dick
  • edited January 2015

The charlton next manager market will be very small. The changes in odds will probably be driven by this forum! It doesn't mean a lot.

Fair point @Damonorthstand....but the 1 question I would ask is why would CAFC supporters lump dosh on and ex-palace bloke as against anyone else?
    They're probably not RM according to this post on the 'No Freedman' thread;

CH4RLTON Member
    9:49PM
    A lot of money gone on this according to mate trading specials markets on the football, more worrying its coming from one area in Scotland. Went from 50/1 down to 3/1 in the space of an hour
  • RedChaser said:

The charlton next manager market will be very small. The changes in odds will probably be driven by this forum! It doesn't mean a lot.

CH4RLTON Member
    A lot of money gone on this according to mate trading specials markets on the football, more worrying its coming from one area in Scotland. Went from 50/1 down to 3/1 in the space of an hour
    For the love of god...why? I really want Curbs, but if not him please not Freedman...we don't deserve that..do we?
  • RedChaser said:

CH4RLTON Member
    I'd love to know how he's trading this. Betfair don't have a market and even if they did the back and lay prices would be as wide as the English Channel and the bookies in my experience will only let you have enough to take a couple of hundred out.
  • edited January 2015

RedChaser said:

CH4RLTON Member
    For the love of god...why? I really want Curbs, but if not him please not Freedman...we don't deserve that..do we?
    No mate, the only consolation being hopefully that Lennie would be at his side. By the way glad you are up and about again, take it easy and don't stress out over this crap, it's not worth it. :wink:
  • Curbs masks at every match until we get a new manager?