Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbs On Sky - Confirms Interest In Job

Comments

• .....oh well maybe he'll be our next manager after Luzon.....
  • Curbishley will not come back, I would love him to but his terms would never be met by RD, he would demand to be "manager" not "head coach" with which he would want the chance to actually 'manage' I can't see RD giving anyone that much control, Curbishley would also expect a contract with a clause in it to protect himself in case RD tries to control his decision making and/or tries to prematurely sack him. Curbishley is out of work but he's not destitute, he is not silly, he left us near the top as a fans favourite with his reputation in tact he is not going to risk that IMO.

In addition, Curbs would probably not agree to RD remit of promoting youth players. While he did bring Scottie Parker and others through the academy ranks, he favored seasoned professionals.
    I think he tried to strike the right balance. We promoted quite a few, even in the top flight.
  • Richard Murray hopefully saw that and persuades RD to have a look

LOL
    You do know there's a button that you can press that does exactly the same thing .. It's called "lol"
    He doesn't have that button on his keyboard.
  • Curbs isn't giving up…

Alan Curbishley has raised the prospect of returning to Charlton in a director of football role.

The 57-year-old, who spent 16 highly successful years in charge of the Addicks, had expressed an interest in becoming manager of the club for a second time following Bob Peeters' dismissal over the weekend.

He was overlooked in favour of little-known Israeli coach Guy Luzon, but he feels there could still be a mentor-type position for him at The Valley - or at another club willing to utilise his vast experience in the game.

Curbishley spent a brief spell as technical director at Fulham last year and he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “I feel it is a role that is perhaps needed in football now.

“The guy that has gone into Charlton at the moment, he has no experience in the Championship, has never managed in England before, so there has got to be a role for an experienced man sitting just above him and helping out.

“That is what I was doing at Fulham last year, it obviously didn’t work, but there is a role there. There must be because we are getting so many foreign managers in now and perhaps younger managers who have not experienced the nitty-gritty of being a manager."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-alan-curbishley-could-be-keen-charlton-director-football-role-150114132238#TS0kDyMIeUst6c7l.99
  • Can't really see Curbs being employed as DoF purely because I really don't think Duchatelet would ever see the need to have one. He obviously calls the shots and once he has his mind made up then that's that. Neither do I think he would bring AC back as a 'sweetener' to the fans as I don't believe for any reason he feels he has to. This is his club and the punters will just have to accept that.

If Curbs were to come back then can anyone honestly see him having any more influence over the playing side of things than Murray has an influence in the boardroom?
  • Can't really see Curbs being employed as DoF purely because I really don't think Duchatelet would ever see the need to have one. He obviously calls the shots and once he has his mind made up then that's that. Neither do I think he would bring AC back as a 'sweetener' to the fans as I don't believe for any reason he feels he has to. This is his club and the punters will just have to accept that.

If Curbs were to come back then can anyone honestly see him having any more influence over the playing side of things than Murray has an influence in the boardroom?

Not sure I'd want to see him tarnishing his reputation under this farcical regime. Must admit, I'm surprised to see him still expressing an interested in being involved here following Luzon's appointment - he must be able to recognise as well as we can that the situation here is an utter shambles.
  • Curbs isn't giving up…

Alan Curbishley has raised the prospect of returning to Charlton in a director of football role.

“That is what I was doing at Fulham last year, it obviously didn’t work

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-alan-curbishley-could-be-keen-charlton-director-football-role-150114132238#TS0kDyMIeUst6c7l.99

Not exactly an endorsement is it !
  • PL54 said:

Curbs isn't giving up…

“That is what I was doing at Fulham last year, it obviously didn’t work

Not exactly an endorsement is it !
    Well, he was there for less than a month and was sacked with Meulensten.
  • Curbs isn't giving up…

The 57-year-old, who spent 16 highly successful years in charge of the Addicks, had expressed an interest in becoming manager of the club for a second time following Bob Peeters' dismissal over the weekend.

He was overlooked in favour of little-known Israeli coach Guy Luzon, but he feels there could still be a mentor-type position for him at The Valley - or at another club willing to utilise his vast experience in the game.

Curbishley spent a brief spell as technical director at Fulham last year and he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “I feel it is a role that is perhaps needed in football now.

“The guy that has gone into Charlton at the moment, he has no experience in the Championship, has never managed in England before, so there has got to be a role for an experienced man sitting just above him and helping out.

“That is what I was doing at Fulham last year, it obviously didn’t work, but there is a role there. There must be because we are getting so many foreign managers in now and perhaps younger managers who have not experienced the nitty-gritty of being a manager."

starting to sound a smidge desperate

• Sponsored links:

• Yep, I've jst seen this tweet as well, now not one to get over-excited/stressed since my heart problem, but if Luzon was going to defo join us I would have thought his work permit is sorted by now? Is it a coincidence or is there something in this, or is the bloke on twitter having a not very funny laugh/wind-up?
  • Can't see it, other than a DOF when Nicky Bailey is taking a pen.
  • Yep, I've jst seen this tweet as well, now not one to get over-excited/stressed since my heart problem, but if Luzon was going to defo join us I would have thought his work permit is sorted by now? Is it a coincidence or is there something in this, or is the bloke on twitter having a not very funny laugh/wind-up?

Or RD has been persuaded that a greater acceptance of Luzon might be if Curbs was part of the scene as DOF for example.

• That will change the whole dynamics of the Luzon appointment if this is happening. Would be a great PR too.

Or RD has been persuaded that a greater acceptance of Luzon might be if Curbs was part of the scene as DOF for example.

That's possible I suppose @Addickaddict........I think there may well be something in this, why else would he be at The Valley? (If true of course)

They need to do something to bring the fans back onside. I expect Dean is on a wind up though, why is he even in the Valley car park at lunch time on a Tuesday?

They need to do something to bring the fans back onside. I expect Dean is on a wind up though, why is he even in the Valley car park at lunch time on a Tuesday?
    Roland's paying him to fill in the potholes.
  • Cant see where he'd fit in as DoF. Players are clearly sourced by RD and he's not exactly going to have a change of heart. The 'head coach' picks the team, take straining, manages tactics etc and wont want his only job interfered with from a club legend.

Perhaps he makes a cracking cup of tea or is free on a Thursday afternoon to man the ticket booth?

I could see this working well ...GL coach AC DOF ...

• oh God, here we go.
  • Sponsored links:

• DoF across the network maybe ?
  • Maybe he is George's or TBH agent
  • I am not evening starting to think about this being true or a possibility.
  • The same bloke has also tweeted saying he has spoken to Katrien and she is making an announcement soon. Think he's on a wind up to be honest
  • Addicted said:

Cant see where he'd fit in as DoF. Players are clearly sourced by RD and he's not exactly going to have a change of heart. The 'head coach' picks the team, take straining, manages tactics etc and wont want his only job interfered with from a club legend.

Maybe GL would be glad of another voice other than RD, what if GL and AC are given more freedom? any choices would then be a considered choice of the two of them, would RD then be more inclined to listen? RD needs guidance as will GL and I believe AC would be a good choice as DoF

• Let's save some of the drama: Staprix NV value nothing that is CAFC, except perhaps the opportunity to dine at the Premier League table at some vague time in the distant future.

This is not a possibility.
  • this is probably (allegedly) the tweet of one of our young gun drug addled supporters who is still hallucinating after Saturday.