Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbs On Sky - Confirms Interest In Job

Comments

• dizzee said:

Curbs masks at every match until we get a new manager?

Minutes applause in the 95th minute ?
  • Rather Freedman than Luzon or Fraeye...
  • PL54 said:

which means if curbs took the job he would not have any or little say in the recruitments of the squad. this fact for me makes me pretty certain curbs will not be back.

If Watt is to be believed then BP was given a list of Network players and only chose one.

On the other hand, perhaps he got the tin-tack because he stood up to RD on that issue?
    Generally; I think you're a tedious #@#!, PL45.. ;)

But actually, there's nothing wrong with this suggestion. We're all throwing around ideas and this is as good as any.

Watt did indeed say as much as this, and Bob did hint at wanting reinforcements. That could all add up.

For that reason, I doubt AC would want to get involved. Regardless of wanting to "talk".
  • I am so in love with Curbishley... Anything to get him back...
  • Can't see Rolly going for Freedman. Did well at Crystals but blew it at Bolton. Have a feeling it'll be Matthew and Roberts for a few games before we get another unknown Belgian
  • Rather Freedman than Luzon or Fraeye...

It's a tough one, but I think you're right. At least he is British.
  • 11 pages of this and we all know deep down that it's going to be Luzon or Fraeye.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would rather Fraeye than Luzon. He never stopped writing all match when he was Jose's assistant, he should know how lots of the team can play when managed well.
  • Would rather Fraeye than Luzon. He never stopped writing all match when he was Jose's assistant, he should know how lots of the team can play when managed well.

Hate to say it but he was just doing the Crossword and Sudoku puzzles...

So Riga was helping him with answers when they spoke then?

So Riga was helping him with answers when they spoke then?

Yup... Which MEANT.... (Dun Dun Duuuuun) - Damien Matthew was the real man responsible for our change of fortunes last season.

Conspiracy theory eat your heart out!!
  • Luzon has actual managerial credentials, got SL first last season. Fraeye is another punt with no credentials at all. No thanks.
  • So wonder what advice Chrissy Powell would give Curbs about working for Roland? Somehow think they might have a chat.

Very good point
  • Curbs coming back has a potential to end in tears and completely tarnish his legacy. Of course there's no way it will happen, but the guy is just after getting back in football in the way of another good earner in the vein of 'director of football'. Watching him in that interview is embarrassing.

Also, a very unpopular view, I know, but if the great man (and I don't mean that sarcastically) hadn't have completely lost interest in his last two years here, praps we wouldn't be in this position. (Although obviously Murray has to take the blame for destroying our Premier league status and turning us into a laughing stock)
  • I'll take whoever they give us as they want to be successful

I support the club in it's entirety no matter how much I agree/disagree with a signing managerial or player wise.

The board want what is best for the club as that will make them money.

Remember the board are money hungry pigs with a hunger that can not be sated if they fail.
  • Unless RD & KM change tack an appoint a Manager, rather than a Head Coach then Curbs will not even consider it, nor will they consider him.

I also think that will rule out any English candidate as they will want the full authority of a Manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• So wonder what advice Chrissy Powell would give Curbs about working for Roland? Somehow think they might have a chat.

"You sure Alan? Listen mate I know you've been out the game a long time but you need to have a long hard look at yourself, it's not easy to get results when you're forced to put Yohann Thuram in goal I can tell you that much! Go have a sit down and another think".....
  • boggzy said:

Curbs coming back has a potential to end in tears and completely tarnish his legacy. Of course there's no way it will happen, but the guy is just after getting back in football in the way of another good earner in the vein of 'director of football'. Watching him in that interview is embarrassing.

Also, a very unpopular view, I know, but if the great man (and I don't mean that sarcastically) hadn't have completely lost interest in his last two years here, praps we wouldn't be in this position. (Although obviously Murray has to take the blame for destroying our Premier league status and turning us into a laughing stock)

If he had lost interest, we would have been relegated. The premier league is an unforgiving division. He did a great job.

I didn't think Curbs embarrassed himself at all. What he said with regards to Peeters was spot on - he was a victim of his own success. Curbs clearly takes an interest in the club and would enjoy an opportunity to take us back to the big time. Fair play to him
  • Curbishley will not come back, I would love him to but his terms would never be met by RD, he would demand to be "manager" not "head coach" with which he would want the chance to actually 'manage' I can't see RD giving anyone that much control, Curbishley would also expect a contract with a clause in it to protect himself in case RD tries to control his decision making and/or tries to prematurely sack him. Curbishley is out of work but he's not destitute, he is not silly, he left us near the top as a fans favourite with his reputation in tact he is not going to risk that IMO.
  • Curbishley will not come back, I would love him to but his terms would never be met by RD, he would demand to be "manager" not "head coach" with which he would want the chance to actually 'manage' I can't see RD giving anyone that much control, Curbishley would also expect a contract with a clause in it to protect himself in case RD tries to control his decision making and/or tries to prematurely sack him. Curbishley is out of work but he's not destitute, he is not silly, he left us near the top as a fans favourite with his reputation in tact he is not going to risk that IMO.

My thoughts exactly
  • Delort saga all over again....

Then why did he say he'd talk to us?
  • To keep his own name on the news that hes interested in managing still and more importantly to create 11 pages on a Internet forum
  • To keep his own name on the news that hes interested in managing still and more importantly to create 11 pages on a Internet forum

Does he follow CL then?

In addition, Curbs would probably not agree to RD remit of promoting youth players. While he did bring Scottie Parker and others through the academy ranks, he favored seasoned professionals.

In addition, Curbs would probably not agree to RD remit of promoting youth players. While he did bring Scottie Parker and others through the academy ranks, he favored seasoned professionals.
    What Curbs favoured was good players or at east the best ones he could afford.

Loads of youngsters made their debuts under Curbs ad a few of them formed part of the backbone of his most successful sides.