Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Massives vs. Charlton | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

Not comparing as such but all 3 goals reminded me of Darren Bent finishes. How we've missed that.

I do see what you mean
  • Options
    The thing is, he is a very talented player. But if you are too afraid to fail in his position you don't succeed. Hopefully he will learn from this season and be better for it. I think fans need to note that his confidence isn't the highest and give him slack on the pitch.
  • Options

Saw these quotes from JR on the BBC Sport website (I particularly liked the last bit!)

"[It was] a big, big step but we have the next game at home. If we can get the same result we will see after where we are.

"We have to finish the work. It will be I hope in the next game or maybe just after that - not too long.

"I have a mission to be able to save Charlton."

It's still 4 points for me to definitely be safe. COYR!
  • Options

Well still can't believe it.

Firstly a big thank to a Owls fan who as I went to the turnstiles to buy a ticket for me and my lad, came up to us and gave me two complimentary tickets. How nice was that?

Had a real rush to get there today. After 8 mins my lad asked me if we could leave :(

After 10 mins he was up and singing.

Great battling performance. Sordell can have my babies. Three clinical finishes. Two assists from Harriott. Excellent performance by Cousins. The rest just fought their socks off.

I am just made up!

Think Bing wins the 'I saw us go two down in eight minutes only to come back and win to keep hope of us staying up and it was all a freebie from a Massive' award.
  • Options

Not comparing as such but all 3 goals reminded me of Darren Bent finishes. How we've missed that.

Funnily enough, I thought the same. And it seems that his first 2 were lay offs were from the left by Harriott. Don't know if that was where he was playing but goes to show what can be done when played out on the left.
  • Options
    Very true about Harriot, was played on the right and did'nt work out. His confidence was shot to pieces, get behind him saturday, wingers are confidence players and he has talent.
  • Options
    In all honesty, they probably got their 2 too early. They shouldn't have conceded a goal like our opener when 2-0 up! They were probably trying to thrash us! lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I nearly wrote the same earlier but thought about the ludicrous comparison
  • Options

I'll give you my thoughts, not making excuses but apart from the first 8 minutes we looked decent and up for it, after Sordell scored his first (mistake by Llera/Helan and Kirkland for not coming out imo) then we just let you back into the game and the pace just dropped off, We had two more guilt edge chances and it should of been 4-1 had we scored them, should of scored.

Big mistake from Antonio led for the second which Sordell tucked away past Kirkland, Antonio was subbed after it too.

Second half I thought you wanted it more and we just let you into the game and we just faded away, thinking about the summer holidays no doubt, you could always see you going on to score, again after 15/20 mins today we were awful again, maybe the fact we secured safety last week was the reason, who knows.

Cannot wait till we start next season from fresh, Llera was awful again to today the blame can't be pointed at him although he did put in a claim, but new faces for us with all the deadwood cleared out.

One thing I didn't mention is the fact we still have a massive injury list and it's clear the way were are leaking goals recently.

I think you'll stay up now although it's still not over yet, Birmingham were the biggest losers today I feel.

Finally I thought your away support were shocking, only about 150-200 fans turned up for a big crunch game for you, poor support imo but fair play for those who clapped Lee Rigbys mother on the pitch today.

I told you before, we've beaten you so often up there the last few years it's becoming boring.

You are the new Huddersfield.
  • Options
    Geeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttt in! Hats off to those that went. Hats off to the team for the fightback after the shambolic first 10mins. I hope this gives us the confidence to kick on and avoid a final day show down. I know everyone was quick to rubbish us after Barnsley and Bolton, but as I said before, our approach play is good, we just can't finish. Today it came good where it matters. Now, can we please, please keep the positivity and the faith. Let's get behind them for Saturday in what will be a very tough game....

COYR
  • Options
    edited April 2014

I'll give you my thoughts, not making excuses but apart from the first 8 minutes we looked decent and up for it, after Sordell scored his first (mistake by Llera/Helan and Kirkland for not coming out imo) then we just let you back into the game and the pace just dropped off, We had two more guilt edge chances and it should of been 4-1 had we scored them, should of scored.

Big mistake from Antonio led for the second which Sordell tucked away past Kirkland, Antonio was subbed after it too.

Second half I thought you wanted it more and we just let you into the game and we just faded away, thinking about the summer holidays no doubt, you could always see you going on to score, again after 15/20 mins today we were awful again, maybe the fact we secured safety last week was the reason, who knows.

Cannot wait till we start next season from fresh, Llera was awful again to today the blame can't be pointed at him although he did put in a claim, but new faces for us with all the deadwood cleared out.

One thing I didn't mention is the fact we still have a massive injury list and it's clear the way were are leaking goals recently.

I think you'll stay up now although it's still not over yet, Birmingham were the biggest losers today I feel.

Finally I thought your away support were shocking, only about 150-200 fans turned up for a big crunch game for you, poor support imo but fair play for those who clapped Lee Rigbys mother on the pitch today.

Haha couldn't resist the dig at our support eh?
    You're alright Piggy but you've been giving it the biggun lately and were talking of FA Cup revenge. Now it's your players were 'thinking about their holidays'.

Oh well, hopefully that's the win that pretty much keeps us up.
  • Options

But the players told op they were up for it.

Why couldn't they just be honest and say we are ready for our summer holidays :D

I'm glad someone has pointed that out! It kept playing on my mind too...
  • Options
    Well played CAFC fantastic win, look liked Harriot played on the left which was good, least he can put the other nights performance behind him and been able to show Riga what he can do in his correct position. A big well done to Marvin hopefully this gives him the boost his needs, cracking hatrick, I've always felt with the right service he will be the best finisher. He needs to prove he can carry on now and bag a few more before the end of the season. Well done to Riga for obviously spotting he is out best finisher and keeping him as first choice striker ahead of the other lot.

Still not safe yet but lets hope we can do it in the next two games. COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

i know i might be counting my chickens here, but , if we could get a couple of players in, say Ben Marshall from Blackburn and Wood from Leicester (they are gonna want to bolster after promotion) , and with Joe Gomez likely to progress from the yoof, then we could be serious playoff contenders next year - of course, the big assumption is that 1) We survive this year and 2) We keep Poyet,Cousins, and Solly can keep fit.

I've been saying the same thing for a few weeks now...survive, keep Poyet Fox Hamer Dervite and then sign some top strikers.
    We are showing mid table form under Riga and four or five decent additions to the squad and of course more coming out of the Academy and we could challenge again?
  • Options
    Crucial 3 points and decent trip , enjoyed that.
  • Options
    To the visionary Lifer on the match thread who predicted a Sordell hat-trick when we were 2-1 down - Will you pick the Lottery numbers for me next week?
  • Options

What a ball for the first from Harriot

If Poyet had played that ball...
  • Options
    edited April 2014

You talk about the "guilt-edged" chances you missed. A highly appropriate Freudian slip. Operation Pig is being slowly spit-roasted.

• Options
    Wednesday may get a decent attendance but their supporters are very quiet and hardly sing a song.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Valley11 said:

Haha couldn't resist the dig at our support eh?
    You're alright Piggy but you've been giving it the biggun lately and were talking of FA Cup revenge. Now it's your players were 'thinking about their holidays'.

Oh well, hopefully that's the win that pretty much keeps us up.
    It wasn't a dig at your support I genuinely thought that a game like this would be as big as the FAC game if not bigger, you get 16 - 20k at home yet today for a big game only 200 - 300 turned out, it's probably one of the lowest followings here for this season, I could understand if you only got say 8-10k at home but you can sometimes get 20k? baffling.

As for the game, I'll take it on the chin for the second time this season against you guys we've come unstuck through a poor display, especially at the back but that has been our weakness over recent weeks, roll on next season.