Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Massives vs. Charlton | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Excellent win. Riga is a positive manager . So glad we have him. It was funny reading back over the match thread and seeing the doom and gloom peeps eating humble pie. Well done to Henry who was positive and supportive even when we were two down.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Plus we have a bigger a percentage of fans who only go to home games or pick and choose their away games. In all honesty, we have a good following when we go to places that are a pleasure to go to like Brighton or Bournemouth, but Sheffield! it's a place you drag yourself to.
  • Options

OP , you've got to understand that there's over 10 London teams vying for support , Sheffields only got 2, personally after going to Sheffield twice this season I was sick of the place, pigsick I didn't go now.

Poor excuse though, whatever happened to your team needs you? you still didn't clear it up either, why do you get 16k at home but 200 in a game that your team needs you away?

• Options
    Leuth said:

The opposite of a perfect hat-trick - all right foot into the same corner. Not that anyone cares, of course ;-)

Ye terrible hat-trick
  • Options

OP , you've got to understand that there's over 10 London teams vying for support , Sheffields only got 2, personally after going to Sheffield twice this season I was sick of the place, pigsick I didn't go now.

Poor excuse though, whatever happened to your team needs you? you still didn't clear it up either, why do you get 16k at home but 200 in a game that your team needs you away?

Judging by the result I don't think they needed us that much Piggy
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

Even though there has been focus on it throughout the season, I do believe that us struggling so much, has taken some of the attention away from a fantastic achievement for the club. This season has been all about survival. But in it is a hidden positive. Today's lineup had 5 academy graduates in the starting lineup and one former academy player coming from the bench. All of these players have years of football left in them, and already they've gained great experience from one of the most competitive leagues in the world. The age of our lineup today was impressive

Solly 23
    Fox 20
    Cousins 20
    Poyet 19
    Harriott 20

Hopefully we'll hold on to our core players, stay up, and we have a fantastic young team with already good experience - with more talents on the way. We are showing Charlton is a club that gives youth a chance, and we are a great place for development. Fantastic steps towards bigger things in the future!

We're not safe yet and we don't know what Duchatelet will do during the summer, but it's certainly possible to paint a very positive picture. To your list you might add, Parzyszek (20), Pigott (20), Lennon (19), Gomez (17) et al, then Reza (23), Ajdarevic who might sign, who knows, (24), Morrison (26), Dervite (25), Church (25), Wiggins (26), Wilson (26) and, after today's performance, Sordell (23)!!

Add in some top quality coaching and two to three years out that group might represent a very decent Championship squad. If we do manage to survive and then retain those from this group who will be out of contract in the summer the picture might look very different indeed from the recent gloom.
  • Options
    Go away Piggy. You lost. We won. Tough. Never has a victory felt so good.
    MASSIVE......hahahaha. Get real you're just an average Northern team supported by a bunch of big-headed numpties living in the past. night night.
  • Options

Judging by the result I don't think they needed us that much Piggy
    Good job, lol

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2014
    OP - we all know that northern teams get good support down here, cos they have come to live and work, study in the streets paved of gold, opposite is not true, also, I would say we always get a better following at Utd - not full of pricks, I refer you to owlsonline Charlton forum
  • Options

We took enough supporters to get the job done :) thanks for the pic though,
    quick question….any reason your groundsman watered the goal at our end till it was nicely flooded just before kick off, I noticed the other goal did not receive the same treatment, is this a tactic your team use in the hope they win the toss and make the visiting goalie require bloody waders ?

so, for me that's twice I've been to Hillsborough and twice we've beaten you…nice :)
  • Options
    Would love to have AA next season - get him nice and fit over the summer and we will have a top player there.
  • Options
    madadd said:

quick question….any reason your groundsman watered the goal at our end till it was nicely flooded just before kick off, I noticed the other goal did not receive the same treatment, is this a tactic your team use in the hope they win the toss and make the visiting goalie require bloody waders ?

so, for me that's twice I've been to Hillsborough and twice we've beaten you…nice :)
    Because it might be dryer then the other area? oh and if we lost the toss it would be us playing at that end, yep it's a great tactic we use Einstein.
  • Options

http://www.londonowls.co.uk/

There is always plenty of people from Sheffield who live and work in London + SE. There is not so many Charlton supporters who live up North. I would guess that the Wednesday crowd for London games has a very hefty majority of the SE Sheffield contingent.

Also OP there is no need to be such a bad sport. I thought you had more class than that. The Massives lost and thats football.
  • Options
    Take it on the chin OP with good grace, I don't care whether we took 200, 2000, or 20000 to Sheffield today, all I wanted was 3 points (again) and I thank you so much that your lads are more than obliging.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2014
    BTW. Thanks for playing Llera though that was really helpful. All those mistakes as well. Anyone would think that Wednesday wanted Charlton to stay up ! Didn't put a word in OP for us did you ?
  • Options

OP - we all know that northern teams get good support down here, cos they have come to live and work, study in the streets paved of gold, opposite is not true, also, I would say we always get a better following at Utd - not full of pricks, I refer you to owlsonline Charlton forum

Hate to state this to ya but plenty of Charlton fans live in Sheffield and use this forum for that matter, also there are northern Charlton living up North, for me it's a poor excuse.

I genuinely was expecting at least 1k from you guys today, seriously.

Sorry, I never realised more of you would go to Bramall Ln just because you dont like Owlsonline lol, okay.... you got me.

• Options
    Wednesday fans' go-to response when they lose - attendances. Did the same thing in the L1 season with other clubs as well, they're obsessed with it.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Wednesday fans' go-to response when they lose - attendances. Did the same thing in the L1 season with other clubs as well, they're obsessed with it.

Lets be honest now, how often have you been slagging Millwall off with their crowds this season? Millwall are a smallish club but they do travel pretty well for a smallish club

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2014
    It's quality not quantity Piggy, our Fanny was there with her 'crack' troops and that was all that was needed, proof of the pudding and all that. I had the pleasure of witnessing the cup win, gets boring and sad after a while seeing you lot with your heads down leaving the stadium and being very ungracious in defeat. That's the difference you see I have had to accept more times than I would have liked in over half a century of following my team that we we have been sub standard (yet good enough lately against the Massives) but then again I'm a realist and don't suffer from delusions of grandeur.
  • Options

Hate to state this to ya but plenty of Charlton fans live in Sheffield and use this forum for that matter, also there are northern Charlton living up North, for me it's a poor excuse.

Sorry, I never realised more of you would go to Bramall Ln just because you dont like Owlsonline lol, okay.... you got me.

Leave it son , they don't like admitting our numbers are a disgrace , go to bed now or i'll turn the wi-fi off , you lost fair and square and yes our away support is shit but thanks for the 3 points , go sleepy byes now i've said it
  • Options
    Just got in and still buzzing. Sitting there 2 down after 8 mins and looking like we would let in a goal every time they got in our half could not see that turn around.

Well done the boys that took guts and nla size balls.

Marvin if them goals keep us up u will be worth every penny of that loan deal.
  • Options

Talal said:

Lets be honest now, how often have you been slagging Millwall off with their crowds this season? Millwall are a smallish club but they do travel pretty well for a smallish club

Maybe because Millwall are our rivals. We should be nothing to you lot yet you all seem to care about us a little too much, and like I said Wednesday fans don't just reserve it for us they spread it out evenly amongst all the "tinpots" (ie everyone)
  • Options

madadd said:

Because it might be dryer then the other area? oh and if we lost the toss it would be us playing at that end, yep it's a great tactic we use Einstein.
    I'm one of those 5,000 who will go to a cup game or down the road to a London derby, and maybe Brighton but day trips to Sheffield don't do it for me plus we have had five home games this month.
    Hoping we have the job finished before Blackpool away as that is a day trip that many of us will have to consider if it matters.

• Options
    Talal said:

Talal said:

Maybe because Millwall are our rivals. We should be nothing to you lot yet you all seem to care about us a little too much, and like I said Wednesday fans don't just reserve it for us they spread it out evenly amongst all the "tinpots" (ie everyone)
    Another excuse.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2014

Hundreds / thousands of Charlton supporters in Sheffied then and lots and lots up North. There is a surprise. Not sure that is true.

Just because you want to discount it because you are not in a good mood because your team lost doesn't mean that there is not some truth in the explanation OP.
  • Options

Can't argue with that very poor away following that.