Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Massives vs. Charlton | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Admit I got it wrong. Did not look like we had another goal in us let alone a win!

Amazed that Sordell is the same player I've seen over the last weeks.
    We might just do this.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    WSS said:

Who's the guy carrying a little bit of timber? Not Obika surely?
  • Options

Got in about 30 mins ago having avoided all football scores, in fact having avoided anything football from about 11 am today. Just read through the Match Thread, expertly covered by @Paddy17 and @SethPlum, heart sank when I read we had gone 2 down so early on, but instead of switching to the Post Match thread I stayed with the match thread and was gobsmacked by the time the final whistle blew!!! Well done to the team, squad, RD, travelling fans etal. GET IN !!!
    See you all Saturday on here if not at the game.

think you'd have been even more gobsmacked if you'd just headed for the post match thread
  • Options
    Not happy when I saw the starting line-up, but what a fecking result.
    We must have been 100/1 when 2 down after 7 mins, but the players have shown MASSIVE character to turn it around and produce the result of the season.
    Predicted 46pts would be enough and I stick by that.
  • Options
    Lenny Henry
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Today has proved beyond any doubt that in spite of watching football all my life I know f*ck all about the game. I thought 90% lose 10% draw 0% win for today, especially after the way SWFC despatched Bomo last week. I thought that not one of our forwards had what it takes the hit a hat trick. Also, I thought the heathens would tonk Donny. On all counts I was hopelessly wrong, and thank the Lord for that!

There is just something I may have got right however, and that is that I think that in Mr Riga we have an asset that sets us apart from the immediate competition. Most on here were aghast at his team selection today but look how it worked out. In JR we trust!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2014
    José Riga heaped praise on his side for a victory over Sheffield Wednesday which was “made in Charlton.”

The Addicks found themselves 2-0 down with only eight minutes played at Hillsborough, but hit back courtesy of Marvin Sordell's treble to earn a memorable 3-2 win in South Yorkshire.

Five of the eleven which started against the Owls are products of Charlton's esteemed academy – a fact which Riga was quick to point out.

“We have done it today with a lot of players from Charlton's academy,” said the Head Coach.

“It's also a good thing for Charlton to show that it works well in this academy. The win was made in Charlton.”

The Belgian was also eager to praise goal hero Sordell who expertly finished on three occasions to bag the first hat-trick of the 23-year-old's career.

“I discuss a lot with Marvin because I know what he has done in the past and we were looking to be able to do it again,” explained Riga.

“During the training sessions we see him doing very well so today he did maybe what we expected. Maybe not three goals but he did very well.

“Of course, when we can score it helps a lot for sure. It was the best answer he could give, especially in this kind of game.”

Meanwhile, the remarkable win over Wednesday lifted the Addicks up to eighteenth place with three games left to play and, crucially, a game in hand on the chasing pack.

And Riga emphasised the importance of Charlton keeping their heads above water at this late stage of the season.

He said: “We were out of the bottom three after the second game I was here and we are still lout of it.

“Psychologically it gives us the power to finish what we have started together.”

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140421-sheffield-wednesday-reaction-1500295.aspx#TYUq3SLG8M2J7rQe.99
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is a good point - Fox, Solly, Cousins, Poyet, Harriot - 5- that is an impressive number.
  • Options

It is a good point - Fox, Solly, Cousins, Poyet, Harriot - 5- that is an impressive number.

Let's all hope and pray that most, if not all, are here next season. Wonderful to see so many kids making the grade with us.

• Options
    Wow, what a cracking result. Well done to JR & the whole squad today. This could be a season defining result. Some shocking & embarrassing comments on the first few pages of the match thread though!!
  • Options
    What a bizarre league, after their slump, Forest are now back in form, and only 1 point from the playoffs. Big opportunity for Millwall today to go almost safe against 10 men, and they blew it
  • Options
    Would back that 100% pete . What ever anyone thinks about individual players lack of talent etc, i would respectively just say get behind them in the next three games. If you feel the need to have a go that he, or that other useless waste of space in your opinion is no good/fit to wear the shirt, keep it to yourself and support us until after the Blackpool game.
    Then you can let rip:-)
  • Options
    smsm
    edited April 2014
    Charlton Bloody Athletic - just when you least expect you get something like this. It must be really boring supporting a team of consistent achievers - no lows mean no highs like this.

And Wilson as a sub!

• Options
    Talal said:

Chuffed. May even pop over to owlstalk and read the match thread later. Yes, that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Have that you arrogant pig pricks

I do this for quite a few games. Sad I know... but good to see how game unfolds from the enemy's point of view. Great result.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

I saw three Robins in my garden yesterday, now I know what an Omen is.
    What a fantastic fantastic result, and top marks to the faithful who travelled, you deserved that.
    How crap must Sheffield Wednesday be though, to concede three to us?

Well I saw two in my garden, multiple Robins, it's a sign for sure.

Apart from that I am speechless, but a very happy boy.
    I saw 2 robins in my garden this morning, they must be bringing us some luck.
  • Options
    I don't think we should count Wilson or Green (had he played) - if you sell them and buy them back - it is like buying any other player
  • Options
    Looks like Riga has also got the team providing Sordell with the type of ball that he should have.
  • Options

Six if you count Wilson coming on as a sub.
  • Options
    What a ball for the first from Harriot
  • Options

i know i might be counting my chickens here, but , if we could get a couple of players in, say Ben Marshall from Blackburn and Wood from Leicester (they are gonna want to bolster after promotion) , and with Joe Gomez likely to progress from the yoof, then we could be serious playoff contenders next year - of course, the big assumption is that 1) We survive this year and 2) We keep Poyet,Cousins, and Solly can keep fit.

Is it too soon to be talking about the automatics?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Great to hear that Harriot went for them. I asked him to grow some after recent performances and it looks like he did for this game. I don't want to see him playing the simple cop out balls as he has been, we have lots of players better than him at doing that. I want to see him taking players on for the whole game. If they tackle him, continue to take them on - that is what he did last season and it creates uncertainty. The fans need to give him total slack when he plays this way though as he clearly lacks confidence.
  • Options
    2 assists for harriot today then brilliant effort after that barnsley performance where I thought it was over for him