Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Massives vs. Charlton | Post Match Views

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    cardiff too
  • Options

When was the last time we came from TWO goals behind to seal a win?

A couple of years or so ago we were 2-0 down to the Massives at home, and came back to win 3-2. I remember because that well because I had a mate from Wednesday with me. So fantastic to do it to them again!

Against Bolton around this time last season was the most recent I think. In fact, I'm pretty sure Sordell scored in that one too, but against us.
  • Options

When was the last time we came from TWO goals behind to seal a win?

A couple of years or so ago we were 2-0 down to the Massives at home, and came back to win 3-2. I remember because that well because I had a mate from Wednesday with me. So fantastic to do it to them again!

Chris Iwelumo scored two in that match. Pretty much the one time we played it to feet for him rather than lump it to come down with ice on it!
  • Options

The whole day was a great experience. Fantastic pub (Kelham Island Tavern), thank you OP for the choice. Farmers ale, £2.20 a pint. Good chat with reasoned, sensible Sheffield folk about both teams. We were the most pessimistic, hoping for a point. They thought we had a chance, end of season safe and all that. In the ground, meeting up with Northern mates, a little concerned about Wilson not playing, and Harriott in the team, but happy with Sordell in the starting line up, as he had shown signs of improved performances over the last few matches.

After 8 mins utter despair, but thankfully the quick response to make it 2-1. A few shaky moments after, but then a growing feeling that we were now in this game, which proved correct when we equalised before half-time.

Second half was a bit of a nail biter, but after that fantastic through ball by their centre forward for Sordell to score his hattrick it was actually quite comfortable.

On the tram back to the station, some good natured chat between Wednesday and Charlton fans.

This leads me onto my last point, the people in Sheffield were delightful, good, friendly chat and it worries me the vitriol and bile I see on this site and others when we are all part of the same football community. Some people need to calm down in slagging off opposing fans, they are just like you and me. (even OP!)

I pretty much agree with all of this (not the pub bit as I didn't imbibe). The Owls fans my lad and I encountered were very friendly, one pointed out where we needed to walk to get from the car park to the ground and another where to walk to get to the away end. As we stood about to purchase tickets, an Owls fan thrust two complimentary tickets in my hand.

After the game, no hostilty. One bloke come up to us said that they would win now't with defense like theirs. We shook hands and wished one another well. To be honest I saw more nastiness during and post the Blades game than I did there yesterday.

Yes there is b*llox spouted on Owlstalk, just like all fan sites which can bring out the cyber-warriors slithering from beneath the rocks they live under from time to time.

All in all I enjoyed yesterday against a proper club, with proper fans in a proper ground.

What a utterly brilliant post, come over to Owlstalk mate you'll be fine to post on there.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    Perhaps you can explain OP, why is there so much hostility towards us from your supporters, I would have thought you had better options than us, or is it just results against us over the last couple of years?