Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Massives vs. Charlton | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    What a result.and 2-0 down so early on.
    Incredible resolve and spirit.
    Did anyone back Sordell?
    Will shut the Wendies up--two wins there this season.
  • Options
    Football and Charlton never ever cease to amaze. Fantastic result, attitude and sheer nla sized bollocks. Well done lads and thank you Marvin.
  • Options
    Back pass for Sordells third.
  • Options
    It's a funny old game........on days like today when we win.

Hopeless, can't buy a goal, looking doomed, then we go and score 3 on our travels.

Millwall hitting form and winning games, can't beat 10 man Doncaster at home.

Barnsley and Yeovil are doomed.

Birmingham in a bit of bother now. They are dire.

Please let's just win 1 of the 2 home games so we don't have to go to blackpool needing anything.
  • Options
    So we stuck 3 past Yeovil and Wednesday, this goal scoring lark is easy :-)
  • Options
    The opposite of a perfect hat-trick - all right foot into the same corner. Not that anyone cares, of course ;-)
  • Options
    Yann who? Never scored a hat trick for us........
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2014
    Thanks Kessel for putting the goals up. Was that Llera's donkey snails pace being exposed there ?
    Kessell7 said:

1--

2--

3--
  • Options

This is the Bolton result from last season all over again. Hopefully what came after last time will happen again

Indeed, but feels even better. Away from home with a weaker team against that lot. Couldn't have written a better script.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did anyone swing on the crossbar?
  • Options
    11:20 pm and alarm set for 6:30 but how can I sleep after that. No beer left in the fridge either.

Still can't quite believe it.

Like everyone I thought the team looked poor on paper but who cares now.

Awaiting the next team selection with interest.
  • Options
    Unbelievable ....I was so pissed off after 8 mins almost turned CAFC player off glad I didn't. Well done brilliant battling performance and well done to the 400 who travelled up there
  • Options
    Well done Marvin, 3 very good, decisive finishes and most noticeably, three passes of sufficient quality to set him away into some space.

Yeovil can't catch us. Barnsley can only go level on points. If we can beat either Blackburn or Watford, then a draw at Blackpool should be enough to keep us on goal difference, as long we avoid a thumping in the other game and Blackpool don't manage to summon a big win from somewhere.

Not out of the woods yet, but I'm pretty sure I can see sunlight in the clearing ahead.
  • Options
    Sitting here with a cold beer and a smile wider than the grand canyon! In shock to be fair- the way I see it i think is if we win either against Blackburn (who will have to go for it as playoffs are still a poss) or Watford and Millwall or Doncaster lose Saturday or Blackpool lose or draw then that's it- safety - the team have to believe they can do it now - why do they do this to us? That's why we follow them I suppose?
  • Options
    Unusual team selection, 1 point out of the last 9, go 2 nil down in the first half, away to a team on decent form....how the fcuk did we win that?! Well done Marv, Harriott (playing on the correct side) and Jose for picking a team and formation I really wouldn't have. Excellent results elsewhere too..whisper it quietly but we may be safe before Blackpool.
  • Options
    A great day - putting our rivals beneath us and Barnsley and Yeovil out of it is massive. We can't bank on it but we could already have enough points - that's how massive that win was. Massive. And against the Massives too.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Fantastic .. Sordell has looked like a disinterested fish out of water until now !! .. A little bit of luck makes all the difference .. the whole team worked like fury with no little skill and great commitment .. Fox is a MAJOR find, Dervite has developed into a top class defender .. Solly is back and making a huge difference .. Harriott, like all good wingers is inconsistent , today he was right on form .. all we need now is to find some more strikers ((:>) .. better late than never
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    3 well taken goals. we don't do deflections...........

at 8 mins past 3 I was fearing the worst & was just hoping we'd keep the score respectable so that our goal difference stayed better than Blackpool's. I never thought we would get 2 let alone a winner & out of the remaining games this was the one I thought we would most likely lose.

Worse case scenario (us losing both home games & everyone else winning) still means we can go to Blackpool just needing a win to stay up & I would have bitten your hand off for that after Barnsley. Certain it wont go to that & confident that by 10pm Tuesday week we will be safe.

Jose..........you're da man !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feel it there could be two decent boat trips along the Thames next season.
  • Options
    Think this might be one game where a win gets as many comments as a defeat.

Chuffed for everyone who made the trip. Great support.

Sordell has plenty of talent but for whatever reason it's not been channelled positively this season either under Powell or since.

Will be interesting to see if he can kick on over the last three games - we'll definitely be safe if he shows today's form again.
  • Options
    That last 10 minutes nearly killed me. Pain in the left arm is bad right?

So one more win will be enough?
  • Options
    I think we could do with one more win, although I can't see where Doncaster can pick up points vs. Reading then Leicester.
  • Options
    What a lovely surprise to come home to!

At least I've said all season Sordell can play.

Cometh the hour cometh the man!

One more win needed!

COYR!!
  • Options
    I think one more point.
  • Options

You know what, even if he never plus again for us, Marvin will always be remembered fondly for years to come after that. Who would have thought that?

In a kevin lisbie sort of way?
  • Options
    Also, how good does the Bolton point look now?
  • Options
    Unbelievable Jeff.

Was literally a massive result for us.