Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thuram refuses to travel to Leeds

Comments

• Send to Carl Zeiss Jena
  • Very difficult to prove injury though pa

I'm getting on a bit, so I have seen a lot of employees, and fellow workers. Some constantly cause trouble and in the end, they leave, maybe they go voluntarily, maybe they are pushed. But it is not hard to identify them in the group.

Now of course what we see on the pitch is not necessarily a guide to how a footballer behaves off it. However every single time I have seen Yann Kermorgant he was one of the best players on the pitch, and also one of the most obviously hard working. Indeed one of the last times I saw him was at home to Brighton, and that was even by his standards, an absolutely titanic performance. You are asking me to believe that just two weeks later he behaved about as disgracefully as it's possible for a footballer to behave.
    I might believe that, if you had constantly warned that he was an inveterate troublemaker. You didn't . So I don't think you should start now. And in the meantime I will continue to believe that there are two sides to the story.

For what it's worth, personally I think Yann was badly advised. There are clues in his interviews, and it seems to me that his agent might have backed him into a corner, leaving him nowhere to go. Well, Bournemouth I guess.

I do think it's clear that Yann wasn't at Huddersfield for reasons connected with his contract. My gut feel is that he was advised to do so, maybe even Powell was complicit, we'll never know. To me, though, Yann's agent gambled with his client's career, and lost.

Fortunately Bournemouth are a decent club with a decent manager and hopefully he'll thrive there. It's also given Riga an opportunity to build on the floor a little more, although he could also have done that with Yann - he's a talented footballer, not just a head.
  • Powelly had to really coax yann onto the team bus to get to hudds

So I think your right with your agent advice scenario

I also was told powelly was very disapointed in yanns stance
  • Put him on the euro star and bring pope back as no2...
  • Nice one Ben Hamer , is the beard for the chop now?
  • I'll drop him at Ebbsfleet International myself - his choice whether he takes Eurostar to Brussels or Paris! This is not a time for doubt nor quitters.

.............or just stays at Ebbsfleet. Mind you, Preston Edwards is a decent keeper, so he'll have to be patient.................
  • rikofold said:

Very difficult to prove injury though pa

I'm getting on a bit, so I have seen a lot of employees, and fellow workers. Some constantly cause trouble and in the end, they leave, maybe they go voluntarily, maybe they are pushed. But it is not hard to identify them in the group.

Now of course what we see on the pitch is not necessarily a guide to how a footballer behaves off it. However every single time I have seen Yann Kermorgant he was one of the best players on the pitch, and also one of the most obviously hard working. Indeed one of the last times I saw him was at home to Brighton, and that was even by his standards, an absolutely titanic performance. You are asking me to believe that just two weeks later he behaved about as disgracefully as it's possible for a footballer to behave.
    I might believe that, if you had constantly warned that he was an inveterate troublemaker. You didn't . So I don't think you should start now. And in the meantime I will continue to believe that there are two sides to the story.

For what it's worth, personally I think Yann was badly advised. There are clues in his interviews, and it seems to me that his agent might have backed him into a corner, leaving him nowhere to go. Well, Bournemouth I guess.

I do think it's clear that Yann wasn't at Huddersfield for reasons connected with his contract. My gut feel is that he was advised to do so, maybe even Powell was complicit, we'll never know. To me, though, Yann's agent gambled with his client's career, and lost.

Fortunately Bournemouth are a decent club with a decent manager and hopefully he'll thrive there. It's also given Riga an opportunity to build on the floor a little more, although he could also have done that with Yann - he's a talented footballer, not just a head.
    Not sure how you conclude that? The agent got a 32 year old striker a two year contract at a reported 15k per week - nearly doubling his salary!

Very, very few 32 year old players get offered deals like that and it has ended very nicely indeed for Yann.
  • rikofold said:

Not sure how you conclude that? The agent got a 32 year old striker a two year contract at a reported 15k per week - nearly doubling his salary!

Very, very few 32 year old players get offered deals like that and it has ended very nicely indeed for Yann.
    Where did 15k come from???

• rikofold said:

From the same source that Charlton signed PolishPete for £700k ?

• Sponsored links:

• rikofold said:

That's what various people on here have quoted that we were paying him 8K per week and might have gone as high as 10K but that Bournemouth offered him 15K.

I am pretty sure that is what others have said.

Whether the figures are correct I just don't know, I would be surprised if YK was on 8K here - that would be a lot of money for us.
  • Yann might have played in front of a full house at Wembley with us instead of 10,000 at Bournemouth? And let's wait and see what the squad looks like in August. I heard it was 13k or 650k pa at Bournemouth for 2.5 years as opposed to a 100k increase to 500K at cafc... Given that a lot of that difference goes in tax I think he was poorly advised.
    But it's done now and we are getting back on track.
  • A good (and extremely pertinent) point and well made, Jose:

The Head Coach also reserved praise for goalkeeper Ben Hamer, whose last-gasp penalty save secured a massive victory.

“Ben did his job in a very good way,” he said.

“He not only the coach happy but also the substitutes and the team.
  • What a farce Duchatelet and his "network" are turning out to be. Thuram was foisted upon us, was deemed by our coaches to be barely at Conference level, played unconvincingly in a couple of games, and now refuses to travel. Who are Nego and Koc, and why don't they play in the U-21s? Reza may be hot for Iran, but the Championship is beyond him. Despite being young, Ajdarevic isn't fit enough for two games a week. And we've signed Polish Pete on an absurdly long contract, when the signs are he's a dud.

What a load of rubbish!

Good call about reza
    That was as good a goal as you will get to see in the championship
    And while ur at it show it to church
    That's what a shot n goal lol like

• rikofold said:

If all he was interested in was money, I'd agree - but judging by his various interviews since, I don't think he wanted to leave Charlton at all.
  • Another great Roland signing!

Yeah like Raza?
  • Yann might have played in front of a full house at Wembley with us instead of 10,000 at Bournemouth? And let's wait and see what the squad looks like in August. I heard it was 13k or 650k pa at Bournemouth for 2.5 years as opposed to a 100k increase to 500K at cafc... Given that a lot of that difference goes in tax I think he was poorly advised.
    But it's done now and we are getting back on track.

Let's assume those figures are correct - you are still talking about a pre-tax difference of 375K over that two and a half years, even after tax you are talking about the best part of 200k.

That is a LOT of money to a 32 year-old footballer whose earning power will be massively reduced at the end of that contract.

Besides of which YK probably concluded that Bournemouth have a substantially higher chance of promotion in that time than Charlton - given the money being invested down there you'd have to conclude he is correct.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

Another great Roland signing!

Yeah like Raza?
    One goal since he came here. Can hardly say he had proven the doubters wrong. I will see your last nights goal and raise you five ineffective performances .

Hopefully will be catalyst and will sete down now.
  • Poor old Yohann. What a game to spit the dummy out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Move along, nothing to see here.
  • Send him back, give Hamer a new contract
  • "Put Thram on the Eurostar Riga
    Put Thuram on the Euro-star
    Put Thram on the Eurostar Riga
    Put him on the Eurostar to France
    Oh Ben Hamer
    Oh Ben Hamer
    Oh Ben Hamer is our number one
    Oh Ben Hamer
    Oh Ben Hamer
    Oh Ben Hamer is our number one*"

To the tune of Give me Oil in my Lamp.

*and I'm sorry for slagging you off for 95% of your Charlton career
  • Pope must be a good goal keeper. Even the queen wants to see him...
  • Get Hamer signed on a three year deal and with Pope back our goalkeeping position will be in good hands
  • Pope must be a good goal keeper. Even the queen wants to see him...

I heard Tottenham Hotspur went to see him
  • I just watched Jose Riga's post match interview at Elland road. I was impressed by him generally, and yes he is easy to like personally, I can see that. However the really interesting bit is his answer to the last question about Thuram. Jose said something along the lines of Thuram didn't feel 'good' when preparing to leave....like Astrit for Derby...are we now being told that both Thuram and Astrit missed those games because of flu or something?
    See what you make of the interview.
  • edited April 2014
    Flu or flounce we don't care, refusing to travel when there's no clear reason not to is breach of contract for which there is only one equitable remedy: the sack. There should be no shillyshallying or hand wringing on this one, he's a duffer and he's just handed Charlton the perfect opportunity to resolve the situation. Dillon Phillips is way better than 'NoHands' and if Hamer gets injured we can recall Pope as well. Where's the risk? There's a chance Hamer gets suspended, there's a raving certainty that NoHands will cost us points in any game he might then play, cos he cost us goals in 3 out of 4 games he played.
    We'll see if NoHands now sues Cawley and the SLP for defamation...
    Adieu Yohann, tu n'es pas gardien, nous ne rencontrerons jamais.
  • Hamer done the best thing possibly last night, had a shit hot game and stuck two fingers up (not literally) at the incredible sulk that is Thurman! I should imagine his breach of contract will see him being shipped back to liege and good riddance! The most pointless loanee ever.
  • The one game I saw Thuram in I didn't think he was that bad, but his position here now is untenable. If Hamer was to get injured, I'd have no confidence in Thuram regardless because he's going to get loads of stick.