Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thuram refuses to travel to Leeds

Comments

• So if someone did promise him 1st team action who would that someone be.
  • Should be sent on the first plane home

should hitch hike home.

• Well the cream of Europe were after Yassin Moutaouakil before we beat them to it...
  • Bring back John Sullivan, not the best keeper in the world but a good number 2. Great attitude, great TEAM MAN, and a nice 'chap'
    Unlike the 'French Chap'!?!?

I'd much rather play Pope or Dillon, I really don't rate Sullivan.
    Was a bit tongue in cheek my friend. I really was just illustrating JS is the sort of character we need and not 'le frog'
    I to think we have a great prospect in Nick Pope especially.
  • edited April 2014
  • RD and arguably the player's he's signed have made the mistake in thinking that tier 2s accross europe are the same standard, but the championship is the same standard, if not better than most top divisions around europe.

• I have some sympathy for him. He was, almost certainly, led to believe that he was coming to play. I've said this before but I don't think many Europeans realise that the Championship is as competitive as it is.

Refusing to travel is, clearly, not acceptable but I can understand why he would be a bit fed up.

Unless he's been told by the manager he should never have assumed he was coming to play. Secondly, if he isn't playing, then he should knuckle down and work hard to prove he should be in the team like every other play does at the club (except Reza and Sordell probably).
    This is pure speculation, but I would be very surprised if he wasn't given some indication that he would play. Uprooting and moving here would make zero sense otherwise. And isn't that the supposed point of the "network"? To shift players around and give them game time at one club if they can't make another?
    He DID play...just wasn't very impressive, and any player must know that 'not impressive' performances mean your place is in jeopardy
  • April fools praps!!
  • http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=10954&headline=Exclusive: Thuram-Ulien refuses to travel to Leeds

There's the link (again) for anyone interested - checks out that it was published, and it would be foolish of SLP to do this.

Also, I dare say if it was false it would be retracted by now..
  • Oh yeah and I believe a good pal of yours Pa also was telling folk

He was telling me too. But when people whom I like tell me things that sound a bit extreme, I tend to feel there might be another side to the story. I like both you and the person you refer to...

• Sponsored links:

• LuckyReds said:

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=10954&headline=Exclusive: Thuram-Ulien refuses to travel to Leeds

There's the link (again) for anyone interested - checks out that it was published, and it would be foolish of SLP to do this.

Also, I dare say if it was false it would be retracted by now..

if it was april fools, its a terrible one and if it was they would be open for libel from Thuram. They'd have to be dead sure this is correct in order to publish it.
  • It's an April Fools day every time he plays.
  • Send him to Carl Jena... thats about his level (no offence to our German cousins)
  • Duc's weakest point was always going to be not having an ability to understand people. He can do mathematics brilliantly but you can't make a spreadsheet out of emotions. Couple that with an ego which believes that he will become the trailblazer for a new style of highly successful football management, add in highly eccentric ideas about about a Utopian society, and I can only see this ending in tears.
  • The difference is one was reported by a reputable local news outlet. The other was a rumour on a forum.
  • One was confirmed by current playing staff and coaching staff and it weren't this one
  • As I said, a rumour on a forum.
  • The other way you can see it is in the case of Thuram people are looking for the worst case scenario to be true where as with Yann people don't wish to believe it, i personally feel dissapointed in Thuram as i have defended him but im just if not more dissapointed in Yann with how things ended.

Either way one is gone and another will surely be gone now or at the end of the season, so im more interested in the players who wish to play for us under the current situation and are trying to keep us in this league.
  • Sponsored links:

• That's the thing VG you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink

I read that on tinternet as well
  • edited April 2014
    This is one of those situations in football that is slightly concerning in relation to RDs system. If you play FIFA14 Thuram will be rated much higher than Hamer, but in real life, you don’t need to be Alex Ferguson to see Hamer is the better bet – His kicking/distribution is better, His catching is better and whilst he can make the odd lapse– his judgement is better than Thuram’s. But Thuram has to be better because it says so on their bits of paper, same as it says Reza will score goals for fun in the Championship! If Chrissy lost his job because he refused to play a clearly inferior keeper, it is pretty poor. To re-affirm this, Riga has come in and has worked out for himself who the better keeper is. If I was RD I’d be shouting at my advisers! The system is only as good as the assessors of the talent and their understanding of the league. I don’t think it is a giant leap to assume that this is a very real issue and something RD needs to improve on, if it isn’t too late and we go down.

The fact is, Charlton play in a bigger league than any of RD’s clubs (SL included). The gap between the quality of player both clubs need is not that different. Probably a good thing for all parties if Pope comes back and Thuram goes home.
  • This is one of those situations in football that is slightly concerning in relation to RDs system. If you play FIFA14 Thuram will be rated much higher than Hamer, but in real life, you don’t need to be Alex Ferguson to see Hamer is the better bet – His kicking/distribution is better, His catching is better and whilst he can make the odd lapse– his judgement is better than Thuram’s. But Thuram has to be better because it says so on their bits of paper, same as it says Reza will score goals for fun in the Championship! If Chrissy lost his job because he refused to play a clearly inferior keeper, it is pretty poor. To re-affirm this, Riga has come in and has worked out for himself who the better keeper is. If I was RD I’d be shouting at my advisers! The system is only as good as the assessors of the talent and their understanding of the league. I don’t think it is a giant leap to assume that this is a very real issue and something RD needs to improve on, if it isn’t too late and we go down.

The fact is, Charlton play in a bigger league than any of RD’s clubs (SL included). The gap between the quality of player both clubs need is not that different. Probably a good thing for all parties if Pope comes back and Thuram goes home.

Not necessarily. Pope is doing fantastically well at York, and gaining valuable experience. Better (for the long term) that he gets some game time while someone else warms the bench
  • The same way that one of those informed that Powell didn't know where yann was when he was on rte or already in bournemouth came from a trusted source

It's irrelevant as Yann left but

funny how he was on the coach to huds but didn't play and then played against donny (poorly as well) and was fit enough to train with Us a day later as well , oh yeah and was 2 games from renewing automatically one of which was hudds and the other donny that subsequently was the last game before the window shut

We can over look that bit
  • edited April 2014
    True, he is doing well - and he may be our first choice next season. But I'd rather Thuram not use up a loan slot and I'd rather Pope cover Hamer in case of injury. In that sense we are better off. I think the remainder of the season has to be firmly about teh short term as that in itself will have a massive effect on the long term.
  • The same way that one of those informed that Powell didn't know where yann was when he was on rte or already in bournemouth came from a trusted source

funny how he was on the coach to huds but didn't play and then played against donny (poorly as well) and was fit enough to train with Us a day later as well , oh yeah and was 2 games from renewing automatically one of which was hudds and the other donny that subsequently was the last game before the window shut

You understand that to refuse to play without good (medical) reason would put you in breach of contract?

• edited April 2014

The same way that one of those informed that Powell didn't know where yann was when he was on rte or already in bournemouth came from a trusted source

You understand that to refuse to play without good (medical) reason would put you in breach of contract?

That may be one reason why he doesn't play for us anymore?