Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thuram refuses to travel to Leeds

Comments

• The SLP is a local paper, its journalists have to have some legal knowledge as part of their training but the paper is unlikely to have an in-house solicitor or to run a football story that would require legal advice.

All of which means that this story is very well sourced from within the club. So not only is the story interesting, but why it has been leaked / verified internally is too.

Let's be honest, it's not a big leak is it ?

When he wasn't on the bench tonight, questions would have ben asked straight away.
    It's not a surprising leak, but it is surprising to have it stated categorically. Normally this would be dressed up as an injury doubt and therefore appear only as a rumour.
    Yes and no. If he refused to travel to Leeds, there's a fair chance he won't appear again.

So, to cover it up, they would have to have said he was injured for the rest of the season & that wouldn't do his World Cup hopes a lot of good.
    You're assuming, however, that the club is managing the story. It's possible, but unlikely, that the club gave it to the SLP off the record as a matter of policy.

It's more likely, in my view, that someone acting on their own initiative within the club did, in which case you have to look for that person's motive for doing so.

• Just appeared on the SSN ticker tape.
  • The SLP is a local paper, its journalists have to have some legal knowledge as part of their training but the paper is unlikely to have an in-house solicitor or to run a football story that would require legal advice.

All of which means that this story is very well sourced from within the club. So not only is the story interesting, but why it has been leaked / verified internally is too.

When he wasn't on the bench tonight, questions would have ben asked straight away.
    It's not a surprising leak, but it is surprising to have it stated categorically. Normally this would be dressed up as an injury doubt and therefore appear only as a rumour.
    Yes and no. If he refused to travel to Leeds, there's a fair chance he won't appear again.

So, to cover it up, they would have to have said he was injured for the rest of the season & that wouldn't do his World Cup hopes a lot of good.
    You're assuming, however, that the club is managing the story. It's possible, but unlikely, that the club gave it to the SLP off the record as a matter of policy.

It's more likely, in my view, that someone acting on their own initiative within the club did, in which case you have to look for that person's motive for doing so.

Becasue everyone who works for the club, or ever has done, hates their employer ?
  • From what I saw, he would be better off in the Circus !
  • Bothered.

Bet the goal keeping coaches are gutted.
  • Nice one AA, loving the idea of our next manager coming back for an interim shift as reserve keeper in the meantime :)
  • A disgraceful lack of professionalism. The man is delusional.
  • PL54 said:

Kermorgant refused to play at one point

Source?

Me and confirmed by someone on here close to powelly coaching staff and by a player

• Send him back disgraceful.
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

The SLP is a local paper, its journalists have to have some legal knowledge as part of their training but the paper is unlikely to have an in-house solicitor or to run a football story that would require legal advice.

Becasue everyone who works for the club, or ever has done, hates their employer ?
    I think there are people employed by the club who will have seen the opportunity to put the boot in and taken it for their own reasons, whether related to Thuram or Powell or something else.
  • Not surprised if true, and puts another tick in the 'this network link up thingy is a potential bloody mess'.

Suspect he was told on coming here he was going to be playing every week by whoever outside the club decided he was to come here. That's not materialised under the old manager, and now under the new one.

Player pished off as he was made promises that haven't emerged.

On the flip side it puts to bed Powell was forced to play him
  • PL54 said:

The SLP is a local paper, its journalists have to have some legal knowledge as part of their training but the paper is unlikely to have an in-house solicitor or to run a football story that would require legal advice.

I think there are people employed by the club who will have seen the opportunity to put the boot in and taken it for their own reasons, whether related to Thuram or Powell or something else.
    How SURE does the SLP have to be to run a story like this?
  • Classy, just the attitude we need right now
  • Oh yeah and I believe a good pal of yours Pa also was telling folk
  • PL54 said:

How SURE does the SLP have to be to run a story like this?
    100%.
  • Did anyone not see this kind of thing coming? Shifting players from club to club within a network - especially those in search of first team football - is inevitably going to lead to this sort of dispute.
  • Madz said:

I can understand him being frustrated at not playing but heres a little tip for him...... "LEARN TO CATCH AN F'ING BALL RATHER THAN KEEP KICKING IT".... He was given a chance in goal with Hamer injured and Alnwick sold but he blew it with his erratic play and extremely weak punching ability . Hamer is in and playing ok so he shouldn't be dropped. Stop sulking and improve and maybe you can dislodge Hamer. Until then grow up.

Fixed it for you ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Thuram needs to go back to Liege on the next Eurostar. Anything less than that sends the wrong signals.
    I have no interest in who leaked the story nor why as my focus is 100% on supporting the club throughout the relegation fight.
    There will be plenty of time in May, June July for the facts of this season to come out while at the same time Duchatelet and others hopefully learn the lessons on the transfer and loan windows and look to build the squad.
  • PL54 said:

Kermorgant refused to play at one point

Source?

Why do you think he was told to go?
  • PL54 said:

If someone were to acquired a normal business in which senior employees were involved in internecine warfare with each other the new owner would usually be advised not to get involved and just get rid of the troublemakers on both sides of the argument until the rest got the message that such disunity was damaging. Trying to understand the history and who is right and wrong is just a big waste of time and effort. Hopefully Katrien understands this.
  • Wrong Thread i know but Where is Mark Gower?
    As for the gk...do one, the more worrying sentence i read in the thread article was that Hamer is out of contract in the summer....er sort that out!
  • PL54 said:

Exactly, Henry. Leaves me feeling quite the opposite of what you are saying, Large - proves the "conspiracy theory" was simply that RD didn't trust CP and was looking for excuses to bin him. Makes me very angry.

On a scale of 1 to 14, how angry exactly ?
    Did you say '1 to 14' just so the answer couldn't be a Spinal Tap 11?
  • edited April 2014
    sm said:

PL54 said:

If someone were to acquired a normal business in which senior employees were involved in internecine warfare with each other the new owner would usually be advised not to get involved and just get rid of the troublemakers on both sides of the argument until the rest got the message that such disunity was damaging. Trying to understand the history and who is right and wrong is just a big waste of time and effort. Hopefully Katrien understands this.
    I think this is a football matter - it has nothing to do with anything that went on before RD arrived, and I wasn't suggesting otherwise by using the word "employed".
  • Bring back John Sullivan, not the best keeper in the world but a good number 2. Great attitude, great TEAM MAN, and a nice 'chap'
    Unlike the 'French Chap'!?!?

John Sullivan would get in my Charlton "Good-Egg" XI...as would Chris Powell, Alex Dyer and Bob Bolder (he'd probably have to play up front...)
  • PL54 said:

Exactly, Henry. Leaves me feeling quite the opposite of what you are saying, Large - proves the "conspiracy theory" was simply that RD didn't trust CP and was looking for excuses to bin him. Makes me very angry.

On a scale of 1 to 14, how angry exactly ?
    Did you say '1 to 14' just so the answer couldn't be a Spinal Tap 11?
    I didn't think 10 could possible do that level of anger justice
  • "He might as well go home" --------------------sing along.
    people wont forget this so all together "he might as well go home".

In the famous words of Brian Clough " he is a clown"--------------------although in the case of Tomashefski (sic) BC was wrong.

Brian Clough was right. We were unfortunate that on the night, Tomaszewski was an incredibly lucky clown. Quite often, he appeared to have no idea where the ball or the goal were but still managed to stop England closing the ball-net interface.
  • Bring back John Sullivan, not the best keeper in the world but a good number 2. Great attitude, great TEAM MAN, and a nice 'chap'
    Unlike the 'French Chap'!?!?

I'd much rather play Pope or Dillon, I really don't rate Sullivan.