Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thuram refuses to travel to Leeds

Comments

• have welling got a game tonight,could be on there bench,maybe even lower level

I think you'll find Welling have possibly the best keeper at that level and Thuram wouldnt even make the bench

• Is he here on loan or a permenent signing ?
  • More frustrating is that will mean we recall Nick Pope from York and he is enjoying a good run of games.

Bin him. I dare say he is a decent keeper but you can't just expect to play - you have to work at it.
  • Stop his wages and forget he exists
  • what a knob. No matter how good you are, you don't demand to be picked. Try and show how good you are in training or wait for your chance.

Hope he never gets on the team sheet again.
  • What a bizarre situation, you wonder what he was promised when he came over here.
  • Is this actually true or an April fool?
  • Sponsored links:

It will be an expensive one, if so

• Great news if true.

It's not very funny if it is.

• edited April 2014
    The thing is, whenever I see him he seems like he is congratulating people including Hamer. Cousins goal at Forest he ran to the sidelines and im sure I spotted Thuram there celebrating with him so he jumped off the bench for that as I doubt he would have already been warming up. It didnt seem like he was getting restless. He was handing out high-five's all over the place the other week

Edit: Pic below
  • I will never forget that pass to Maiga in the QPR game. I have no idea what he was doing!
  • What a bizarre situation, you wonder what he was promised when he came over here.

Exactly. And by whom, and why. When I read the reports from people on here about Pope and Phillips, it is even more bizarre to recall that Thiram was the first to arrive, almost before the ink had dried on RD's acquisition documents. There was no case for sending him to us.
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon you've all been had and this is a wind up. As Henry would say i won't believe it until it's on the offical site!
  • I can understand him being frustrated at not playing but heres a little tip for him...... "LEARN TO CATCH AN F'ING BALL RATHER THAN KEEP PUNCHING IT".... He was given a chance in goal with Hamer injured and Alnwick sold but he blew it with his erratic play and extremely weak punching ability . Hamer is in and playing ok so he shouldn't be dropped. Stop sulking and improve and maybe you can dislodge Hamer. Until then grow up.
  • I will never forget that pass to Maiga in the QPR game. I have no idea what he was doing!

Trouble is neither did he, 'unpredictable' is being kind.
  • edited April 2014
    Two things last night alerted me to a potential situation here.

Firstly was Dillon Phillips's non appearance in the U21's .

I originally put this down to him being the 3rd choice keeper because I understand that we normally have 3 goalies in the squad.The other pointer was the Dr Kish blog who put Phillips on the bench in his predicted line up . I did wonder then if there was a problem.

Unlike others I do not think Thuram is a bad goalkeeper per se .He clearly had a big reputation when he joined if they were seriously tipping him to go to Brazil with France. As well as Lloris France can call on Steve Mandanla of Marseille and Stephane Ruffier of St Etienne .Micheal Landreau of Bastia would also be in front of him having made his international début last year.So clearly if he was in that company I was expecting a competent goalie.

He is not suited to our current needs and to play him would be a massive risk especially considering Hamer's excellent form .Maybe the problem about him not playing was not Duchalet but Thuram himself?

It's a shame he didn't do this last week when we could have obtained a loan player. Palace for example didn't even name Lewis Price in their 25 man squad .

Personally I'm not concerned about Dillon Phillips bench sitting,I was very impressed with him against Palace for the U21's last week and if possible I would like Nick Pope to see out the season with the Minstermen.

I would be concerned if we couldn't recall Pope if there is an injury to Hamer before the end of the season.
  • RedChaser said:

If true this was always going to end in tears. CP never fancied him after he stepped in at Boro at short notice, weetabixed their goal, and saved a couple with his feet, flapped his way through the Wigan game when if one of our regular keepers had been available would have got us something there. Had little to do in the home game v QPR except nearly present their forward with a goal from a bouncy pass back but bread and butter if he'd stuck his boot through it. Maybe if this guy straps his boots on his hands and puts his gloves on his feet he might still get to the World Cup but don't bank on it. Riga obviously doesn't rate him over Hamer either.

This. Only way this can become a negative is if Pope gets recalled ending a decent run of games for york. Have phillips on the bench as the spare keeper is usually of little relenavce but keep playing him for the under 21's...if he gets injured we can then recall pope.

• Not surprised if true, and puts another tick in the 'this network link up thingy is a potential bloody mess'.

Suspect he was told on coming here he was going to be playing every week by whoever outside the club decided he was to come here. That's not materialised under the old manager, and now under the new one.

Player pished off as he was made promises that haven't emerged.

Thing is though Dan, regardless of being part of the network or not, if you are told as a pro-footballer that going on loan you may get game time, make a couple of mistakes, and the other GK (in this case Hamer) starts playing well and takes his chance, you have to be professional, take it on the chin and get on with it.

The network would have worked if he came in and took his chance, but he never. Its surely all about the individual rather than the model?

I would suggest that it's Thuram that's the April fool.

• Exactly, Henry. Leaves me feeling quite the opposite of what you are saying, Large - proves the "conspiracy theory" was simply that RD didn't trust CP and was looking for excuses to bin him. Makes me very angry.