Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thuram refuses to travel to Leeds

Comments

• an unnamed source says Thuram refused to travel
    JR says he was unwell

so you all want to believe an unnamed source do you?

• lets just move on let the club take whatever action it is appropriate in the circumstances that they know about. When there have been complaints about one frenchman refusing to play, the comment has been that there are two sides to every story so lets apply the same rule to this frenchman.
  • Greenie said:

Kap10 said:

lets just move on let the club take whatever action it is appropriate in the circumstances that they know about. When there have been complaints about one frenchman refusing to play, the comment has been that there are two sides to every story so lets apply the same rule to this frenchman.

No lets not move on, lets cane him, its so much more fun!
    Good point, stroppy git!! :-)
  • Hamer done the best thing possibly last night, had a shit hot game and stuck two fingers up (not literally) at the incredible sulk that is Thurman! I should imagine his breach of contract will see him being shipped back to liege and good riddance! The most pointless loanee ever.

I'll see your Thuram and raise you Keith Gillespie!
  • Weather its true or not I'm just praying it is so he will more than likely be sent packing. Have no idea what game these people who say "he looked okay" were at...he's cost us goals IMO in 3 of his 4 games, the 4th being qpr where he still did his best when passing it to magia, get rid!
  • If he was actually ill then a lot of people, including myself, will have to take back a few comments.
  • Either way I doubt we'll see him in a Charlton shirt again.

I would imagine the squad is absolutely buzzing after last night and the affect of him refusing to go to Leeds would be him being isolated by other team members rather than him bringing the squad morale down.

Still loving that Hamer save. Wonder if those giving him stick a week or two ago still feel justified. Really hope get him a contract soon as in my view he's a great championship keeper.
  • The question is, was he ill or was Riga just being diplomatic to save himself having to answer a load more awkward questions about Thuram?

We'll find out over the next couple of games if Thuram isn't a sub.
  • If he was ill, he and the club would seek damages from the SLP, and by now at the very least would have issued a rebuttal and demanded an apology.

@Kap10. Today's question. What is the difference between the SLP, and the NLA? Clue. One is a newspaper.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he was ill, he and the club would seek damages from the SLP, and by now at the very least would have issued a rebuttal and demanded an apology.

@Kap10. Today's question. What is the difference between the SLP, and the NLA? Clue. One is a newspaper.

yep, the NLA is the North London Advertiser. Never have thought the SLP was an actual newspaper.

• The intriguing part is who leaked the story and why? Plenty of people would have known (all the players and all the playing staff so that's a good 40 or 50 people at least) so it could be a lot of people.

Don't suppose we'll ever know for sure and I suppose it doesn't really matter now. Thuram is on loan, I think he'll stay till the end of the season and might even get back on the bench but it doesn't seem he's going to start unless Hamer is unavailable.
  • He did Riga a favour by disqualifying himself from selection .. he is little better than a liability, the defenders have no confidence in him and neither do I (in the slightest, he gave me the shudders every time the ball went anywhere near him) .. go back whence you came Thuram and good riddance
  • I don't believe he was ill for a second. What do you expect Riga to say?
  • edited April 2014

If he was ill, he and the club would seek damages from the SLP, and by now at the very least would have issued a rebuttal and demanded an apology.

@Pragueaddick I'm glad all those years as a media man you can identify a newspaper!! Second question of the day are you still relegation probable or have you shifted to possible?
  • One gets info straight from the squad the other relies on old pals who are dangling stories out to find the leak
  • Kap10 said:

If he was ill, he and the club would seek damages from the SLP, and by now at the very least would have issued a rebuttal and demanded an apology.

@Pragueaddick I'm glad all those years as a media man you can identify a newspaper!! Second question of the day are you still relegation probable or have you shifted to possible?
    Hi Kap,

You are confusing me with someone else, I think. I never make forecasts of this kind, mainly because I fear CAFC will kick me in the teeth if I am optimistic. Right now I can say I feel as positive as I did the day after I saw YK lead the demolition of Brighton at the end of the year. As for Riga, see AFKA on that. I too will wait til the end of the season. I waited even longer before deciding about CP

• Hamer done the best thing possibly last night, had a shit hot game and stuck two fingers up (not literally) at the incredible sulk that is Thurman! I should imagine his breach of contract will see him being shipped back to liege and good riddance! The most pointless loanee ever.

I'll see your Thuram and raise you Keith Gillespie!
    I think I'd rather have Gillespie in goal than that clown Thuram.

• Kap10 said:

Hi Kap,

You are confusing me with someone else, I think. I never make forecasts of this kind, mainly because I fear CAFC will kick me in the teeth if I am optimistic. Right now I can say I feel as positive as I did the day after I saw YK lead the demolition of Brighton at the end of the year. As for Riga, see AFKA on that. I too will wait til the end of the season. I waited even longer before deciding about CP

Hi Prague

My comment was based on your comment to me on the Derby post match thread

"And it will therefore probably result in relegation. A relegation which Airman Brown has pointed out is entirely unnecessary. ".

Anyway, we do agree on judging Riga on the end of the season and as commented elsewhere I have no problem praising or questioning him as we go along.
  • Kap10 said:

Hi Kap,

I beg to differ

" In appointing Chris the Board has shown that they might actually be quite in tune with the 'soul' of Charlton. That is the point, that no other appointment could possibly have delivered, perhaps not even Curbs."

Prague Addick Jan 2011

• Sponsored links:

• an unnamed source says Thuram refused to travel
    JR says he was unwell

so you all want to believe an unnamed source do you?

it was HP. Fact.
  • Kap10 said:

This explains why we had a 15-year-old in goal in the U-21s at Brighton yesterday: Phillips is in the squad for Leeds. Unless it's an April fool...

Not an April Fool, the story is potentially highly libellous.
    OA are you saying its not true?
    No, I am saying it is the sort of story that you could not print as a joke because it has very serious legal implications.
    Why? Does that mean Alex Salmond can sue the Guardian for their April Fool article?
  • Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

Hi Kap,

Hi Prague

"And it will therefore probably result in relegation. A relegation which Airman Brown has pointed out is entirely unnecessary. ".

Anyway, we do agree on judging Riga on the end of the season and as commented elsewhere I have no problem praising or questioning him as we go along.
    Fair enough Kap. Am I less pessimistic than after Derby? Yes. Who is not. Is that is a rational way to think? Of course it is not. We are still in a lot of trouble , most of which was caused by the previous owners in the close season.

• Kap10 said:

Hi Kap,

I beg to differ

" In appointing Chris the Board has shown that they might actually be quite in tune with the 'soul' of Charlton. That is the point, that no other appointment could possibly have delivered, perhaps not even Curbs."

Prague Addick Jan 2011

I don't know whether to be flattered or appalled by the fact that somebody would go to so much trouble. Anyway, I have no problem with you digging it up, because it is not about whether I was convinced at the time that CP would be a good manager, but was about praising the Board for an exciting choice that people could get behind, to give it a go. I became convinced about CP when I saw the type of players he brought in close season to build his own team, and then the Millwall friendly, which showed there was a spirit in the squad too.
  • Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

Hi Kap,

Hi Prague

Fair enough Kap. Am I less pessimistic than after Derby? Yes. Who is not. Is that is a rational way to think? Of course it is not. We are still in a lot of trouble , most of which was caused by the previous owners in the close season.

It must be harder for you Prague not being at the games to gauge the team spirit and effort being put in. From what I saw last night there is plenty of fight left in this bunch of players and the management team yet. I know that guarantees nothing but who would have predicted 2 wins out of the last three aways? So every reason to feel a little more optimistic NOT less pessimistic, same horse different jockey :-)
  • better not boo him if he starts in goal for us again. We could end up with a bruce grobbaler situation
  • MSE7 said:

better not boo him if he starts in goal for us again. We could end up with a bruce grobbaler situation

I think he's got about as much chance of playing in goal again as you have and no one on here would boo you would they :-0
  • Not on the bench yday. Still here?
  • Nowhere in sight yesterday. I doubt we'll see him again. Can't believe he has such a high opinion of his abilities that he thought throwing his toys out of the pram would result in a start between the sticks.