Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thuram refuses to travel to Leeds

Comments

• I actually like RD does that make me a bad person?
  • DeeBee said:

I actually like RD does that make me a bad person?

How many log-ins do you have on here, Katrien?

Wow think this jokes been done a bit now , can't people be positive about our club ?

• Yann897 said:

DeeBee said:

Wow think this jokes been done a bit now , can't people be positive about our club ?

On a thread about a player who refused to travel to a match (breach of contract).. eh?

Felt a little sick seeing him on the bench yesterday, if the rumours are true then that's very two-faced. I'm sure we'll be fed lies, or swept under the carpet though and we will all forgive clown hands.
  • edited April 2014
    Sometimes showing negativity towards something is a sign of protection, a sign that you feel something's not right, it's not to shoot down something you love. Your mighty positivity is on the other end of the spectrum, but picking at the positives not the negatives.

Anyway, this thread is about a player we have on loan who refused to play which is utterly disgusting, would love to know as a fact if this is true or not, as he should not be anywhere near our club let alone our bench if so.
  • Addickted said:

dominiek said:

Thuram is simply not good enough, AA too slow and never fit,Reza is not physical enough.

I can't disagree with any of those statements.

After watching Thuram play, he makes Mike Amman seem World Class.

AA showed yesterday he has no pace at all and seems exhausted after an hour.

Reza'a 60/40 bottle job yesterday supports his lack of physicality.
    I know lets just sign players who cannot trap a bag of cement and can run around all day - No on second thoughts ive had enough of that - ill rather watch Reza and Astrid any day.
    Not saying they shouldn't be playing/in the squad - indeed I've really been impressed with both AA and RG. Doesn't mean to say they don't have their faults as well, which were highlighted by our Belgium visitor and supported by my own opinion of them.

• Sponsored links:

• If true then it's a disgrace he was on the bench last night. He shouldn't be anywhere near the club.
  • PS can't believe he was on the bench last night!
  • Yann897 said:

DeeBee said:

Isn't all this just a normal British trait though? You know, the stereotypical British self-deprecation that seeps into our liking for negative humour, satire, sarcasm and teasing that the Yanks, for example, just don't really understand.

We all know that the glass really is half empty and that every silver lining does have a cloud. We're not really happy unless we are miserable!

• edited April 2014
    Oakster said:

IAgree said:

Funny how the inexcusable behaviour of one player has generated a whole raft of negative opinions about RD. So desperate is the need for schadenfreude that excuse to have a moan about the new owners / players / Manager is seized with great enthusiasm and relish. Anyone who doesn't subscribe to this seems to have their identity questioned. Whilst any tom dick or Harriet who registers and gives dire warnings about RD is blithely accepted.

Personally I am a bit sick of the selective attention and relentless negativism.

Breathtaking hypocrisy Incorruptible!!!!!!
    What?!

If you suggesting I am some else then point proven. Neither am I hypocritical I have been on the side of giving rd and Riga the benefit of the doubt and cautiously optimist so no change in my views
  • Oakster said:

IAgree said:

Funny how the inexcusable behaviour of one player has generated a whole raft of negative opinions about RD. So desperate is the need for schadenfreude that excuse to have a moan about the new owners / players / Manager is seized with great enthusiasm and relish. Anyone who doesn't subscribe to this seems to have their identity questioned. Whilst any tom dick or Harriet who registers and gives dire warnings about RD is blithely accepted.

Personally I am a bit sick of the selective attention and relentless negativism.

Hello mr oakster , care to explain why my last 3 post have made you laugh out loud ?
  • dominiek said:

I support KV Kortrijk wich is midtable in the Belgian league

I played Basketball against Kortrijk in the 1970's. Went over there twice and stayed with a Belgian family on an exchange visit. Lovely part of the world. They introduced me to the concept of having beer with the evening meal which has stayed with me ever since. Don't get me started on waffles...

• IAgree said:

Oakster said:

IAgree said:

What?!

If you suggesting I am some else then point proven. Neither am I hypocritical I have been on the side of giving rd and Riga the benefit of the doubt and cautiously optimist so no change in my views
    I suspect that you are Incorrupitble Addick / Nigel W.

If you are not then I 100% unreservedly retract my point. However if you are then you sir, are a hypocrite!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2014
    Oakster said:

IAgree said:

Oakster said:

IAgree said:

What?!

I suspect that you are Incorrupitble Addick / Nigel W.

If you are not then I 100% unreservedly retract my point. However if you are then you sir, are a hypocrite!
    Hi - no that's not me!

• Did this story ever get confirmed?
  • dominiek said:

I support KV Kortrijk wich is midtable in the Belgian league

I played Basketball against Kortrijk in the 1970's. Went over there twice and stayed with a Belgian family on an exchange visit. Lovely part of the world. They introduced me to the concept of having beer with the evening meal which has stayed with me ever since. Don't get me started on waffles...

Why? Do you keep going on and on and on about them?
    ;-)
  • IAgree said:

But it isn't just anyone. Around the time of the takeover, a group of new posters suddenly appeared, all unflinchingly and constantly positive about the new regime. No matter how much you might protest that you've been a season ticket for 15 years, it is suspicious, and is actually pretty tiresome.

I'm guilty of "Lol"ing at most of Yann's posts, because they are so predictable!
  • Yann897 said:

Yann897 said:

Oakster said:

IAgree said:

Hello mr oakster , care to explain why my last 3 post have made you laugh out loud ?
    So you didn't wanna explain you thought you would just lol ^ that instead , I'm sure you and Henry Irving have OCD with clicking the LOL button nearly every one of my posts don't worry I like it it's funny . Dunno if anyone else has this problem with these two or just me ?

Pretty sure you were quite generous with the lol's back in the day, as soon as someone posted about Powell going or criticising RD.
  • dickplumb said:

We can't make an informed decision of the merits,or otherwise, of the Belgian league. How many people on this forum regularly watches Belgian League games? None, so we don't know how good or bad it is.

This