Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thuram refuses to travel to Leeds

Comments

• vff said:

Yann897 said:

But why would you be critical over that though ? I thought he showed a lot of emotion after scoring a great goal ,
    Bet you had a mental break down after Jerome Thomas's goal vs west ham.

Huh ? I think you will need to put up a link of the goal before I'll be able to understand what you are talking about.

There's no s after the Thomas above BTW. An ' after the S is all that is needed.
    And you can't remember the goal
    And I'm the one that gets called the non Charlton fan haha.
  • edited April 2014

Im with Yann897 on this.

Some of the patronising posts towards him and our loan players is taking the piss a bit.

We are in a relegation fight and were in this situation before RD came in, before JR took over and before players like Reza, Thuram and Astrit put on a Charlton shirt. In my view, they have shown professionalism (someone earlier question AA's attitude FFS!) and a bit of fight for the cause. Looking at the celebrations and social media videos it also looks like they have been take into the great team spirit this side has had the last couple of seasons.

I can understand people commenting on individual problems with players, AA might not be fit for 90 mins (see Sordell), Reza might bottle a few tackles (see Danny Green) and the Thuram loan might not have worked out (see 90% of loans the last 10 years) but the constant digging out of SL players by the usual posters is becoming f*****g boring.

Im confident that we will stay up because of the change and because of the SL link.

And no I'm not Yann897, I'm not Katriene, I'm not Roland…you all know I'm Tony Jimenez.

What on earth has this actually got to do with @vff simply making an observation about how the guy celebrated? Nothing.

He was hardly saying "Oh, AA didn't celebrate with the team. Damn RD bringing in his socially inept network players." - there was in fact nothing really derogatory said about RD, JR or any of the players. @vff even went on as far as to say "I was just making an observation".

Once again it's one individual latching on to something and crying out for a bit of attention, even if that means misrepresenting what the other person said. No surprises who that individual was this time, the same as every other thread.
  • edited April 2014
    LuckyReds said:

Im with Yann897 on this.

Some of the patronising posts towards him and our loan players is taking the piss a bit.

We are in a relegation fight and were in this situation before RD came in, before JR took over and before players like Reza, Thuram and Astrit put on a Charlton shirt. In my view, they have shown professionalism (someone earlier question AA's attitude FFS!) and a bit of fight for the cause. Looking at the celebrations and social media videos it also looks like they have been take into the great team spirit this side has had the last couple of seasons.

I can understand people commenting on individual problems with players, AA might not be fit for 90 mins (see Sordell), Reza might bottle a few tackles (see Danny Green) and the Thuram loan might not have worked out (see 90% of loans the last 10 years) but the constant digging out of SL players by the usual posters is becoming f*****g boring.

Im confident that we will stay up because of the change and because of the SL link.

And no I'm not Yann897, I'm not Katriene, I'm not Roland…you all know I'm Tony Jimenez.

What on earth has this actually got to do with @vff simply making an observation about how the guy celebrated? Nothing.

He was hardly saying "Oh, AA didn't celebrate with the team. Damn RD bringing in his socially inept network players." - there was in fact nothing really derogatory said about RD, JR or any of the players. @vff even went on as far as to say "I was just making an observation". I have no idea how he was "digging out the SL players".

Once again it's one individual latching on to something and crying out for a bit of attention, even if that means misrepresenting what the other person said. No surprises who that individual was this time, the same as every other thread.
    I was talking about earlier in the thread before the celebration talk, plus other threads on here.

Len, Weegie, Atletico Addick.

Got no fucking idea what your on about in the last sentence numb nuts.

• Thanks Arg.
  • vff said:

LuckyReds said:

vff said:

Not sure about AA attitude wise RC. He has some talent, and I know footballers and skilled players have to a certain level of arrogance but it can be counterproductive. I wonder if he thinks that he is better than he is. Despite the pitch kissing, not sure what to make of his goal celebration, where AA evades his team mates on the pitch for the goal celebration. Good strike but I am wondering whether AA thinks he is too good for the club and his team mates ? I may well be wrong. If AA commits to the club, I guess it will disprove that. Just a feeling and opinion. Probably totally wrong. He will need to improve fitness. Reminds me of a similar type to player to Andy Reid though not so good, and not so injury prone. Happy about the victory though.

You make a pretty good point, but I'm (relatively) sure he's not the first player who has evaded his team mates to celebrate with the coaching staff. JJ with his free-kicks against Sheffield Utd/Wed in L1? It was more to do with the importance of the goal there.

Besides, he ran over to a team mate who was on the bench; Hughesy. Hughes being a player we know likes to "mentor" and encourage other players.
    Sure thing. Hughesy is a great character and maybe has helped out AA with some advice. It would be great if Hughes can be supported to develop as a coach. Looks like he lives and breathes football and has got an excellent attitude.

The view of the goal from the Covered End camera gives the best view of it. AA has to run a long way to get to the home bench and evades his team mates looking to celebrate the goal, who looked a bit non plussed with it all. Not the cause but didn't help the team settle and Charlton conceeded a soft goal shortly after. It was an important goal for sure but the whole thing looked not right. Maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick, who knows.
    Which team mates look nonplussed? As far as I can see, they cheer when the goal goes in, chase AA and finally bundle in to give him a hug. As goal celebrations go, I see absolutely nothing unusual or untoward about it whatsoever. Similar goal celebrations will be seen throughout the league every Saturday.

Everyone sees things differently, and you're as entitled to your opinion as anyone else, but I'm baffled by your interpretation.
  • I remember Gary Neville recounting how Fergie gave him a huge bollocking for not rushing to the scorer and celebrating with him. And I think it was only a reserve match!!

Anyway what's wrong with just a manly handshake like in the old days?:-)
  • I remember a weknight game at Selhurst when it was so foggy you couldn't see the stand opposite...just saying
  • edited April 2014

LuckyReds said:

Im with Yann897 on this.

He was hardly saying "Oh, AA didn't celebrate with the team. Damn RD bringing in his socially inept network players." - there was in fact nothing really derogatory said about RD, JR or any of the players. @vff even went on as far as to say "I was just making an observation". I have no idea how he was "digging out the SL players".

I was talking about earlier in the thread before the celebration talk, plus other threads on here.

"numb nuts?"

I was going to apologise when I realised you were talking about earlier threads and not this specific discussion. Yeah, the last sentence wasn't actually aimed at you either.

But on second thoughts.. I just think you're a bit of a cock all round to be honest. "numb nuts". Grow up and don't get so touchy about an internet forum - try and get some sunlight in your life perhaps.

• LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Im with Yann897 on this.

I was going to apologise when I realised you were talking about earlier threads and not this specific discussion. Yeah, the last sentence wasn't actually aimed at you either.

But on second thoughts.. I just think you're a bit of a cock all round to be honest. "numb nuts".

haha nice one
  • Sponsored links:

• Im with Yann897 on this.

Dear Tone,

If you had your time again, knowing what you know now, would you still invest in Charlton? Or would you just stick to golf courses?

Also, if you had your time again, knowing what you know now, would you still invest in golf courses? Or would you just stick to sitting around having your photo taken with Mike Ashley?

Regards,

Gillis
  • LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Im with Yann897 on this.

But on second thoughts.. I just think you're a bit of a cock all round to be honest. "numb nuts".

haha nice one
    Re-quote my post. I put a funny picture in it.

Now we've got that little spat out of the way..

I think @vff was just making a general observation, and very few of the SL players seem to be getting that much grief now. Thuram has (and will) - if only because of this rumour he refused to travel to Leeds. However, AA and Reza are contributing enough for most people to recognise what they bring to the team.

I think @vff only went as far as saying AA could be a bit arrogant; that's not that harsh a statement to make.

So then to have someone leap on to it, and focus on the smaller points that were made in the original post - it's just petty. He never said "If AA had celebrated with the team Yeovil wouldn't have scored."; he said something along the lines of it probably having an impact a little bit in the minds of the other players. Not a bad point; like most points though - if you exaggerate it you get something ludicrous.

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to Yann897 - because that's exactly what he was doing, jumping on smaller points and exaggerating them. Like he does everywhere. I haven't seen one post of his that hasn't been digging at someone else or causing a stir. It's tiresome and repetitive; just like it was after Powell was sacked. Hell, even about HI "LOL"ing at his posts - that ended up in a series of nonsensical posts. I could've perhaps clarified that at the time.
  • LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Im with Yann897 on this.

haha nice one

I think @vff was just making a general observation, and very few of the SL players seem to be getting that much grief now. Thuram has (and will) - if only because of this rumour he refused to travel to Leeds. However, AA and Reza are contributing enough for most people to recognise what they bring to the team.

I think @vff only went as far as saying AA could be a bit arrogant; that's not that harsh a statement to make.

So then to have someone leap on to it, and focus on the smaller points that were made in the original post - it's just petty. He never said "If AA had celebrated with the team Yeovil wouldn't have scored."; he said something along the lines of it probably having an impact a little bit in the minds of the other players. Not a bad point; like most points though - if you exaggerate it you get something ludicrous.

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to Yann897 - because that's exactly what he was doing, jumping on smaller points and exaggerating them. Like he does everywhere. I haven't seen one post of his that hasn't been digging at someone else or causing a stir. It's tiresome and repetitive; just like it was after Powell was sacked. Hell, even about HI "LOL"ing at his posts - that ended up in a series of nonsensical posts. I could've perhaps clarified that at the time.
    Of course it would be about me wouldn't it , enemy number 1 lol.

It feels like I'm on millwall or palace forum the amount I have to stick up for Cafc ! Look back that's all I ever do is go against all you negative lot . But it's fine I love my club and will keep on backing it when you and about 3 others constantly keep knocking it !

• Yann897 said:

LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Im with Yann897 on this.

haha nice one

It feels like I'm on millwall or palace forum the amount I have to stick up for Cafc ! Look back that's all I ever do is go against all you negative lot . But it's fine I love my club and will keep on backing it when you and about 3 others constantly keep knocking it !

Fair play mate - strangely admirable when you put it like that. Even if I don't agree with you - I've never even replied to you, let alone tried to dig you out.

Personally, I think the thought of you posting on behalf of RD is stupid - and obviously not true.

I just get tired of the same arguments and childish repetitions of the same name calling (from both sides.) that it always ends in.
  • LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Im with Yann897 on this.

haha nice one

fair enough, i enjoyed the picture. Apologies numb nuts ;-)

i still stand by the fact there is certainly a bit of OTT digging out of SL players by some posters and it irritates me, probably more than it should.

its just as bad as the CP out brigade we had and i find it hypocritical at times.
  • LuckyReds said:

Yann897 said:

LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Im with Yann897 on this.

haha nice one

Fair play mate - strangely admirable when you put it like that. Even if I don't agree with you - I've never even replied to you, let alone tried to dig you out.

Personally, I think the thought of you posting on behalf of RD is stupid - and obviously not true.

I just get tired of the same arguments and childish repetitions of the same name calling (from both sides.) that it always ends in.
    Not once have I called anybody names or been personal (yet) lol ,just to clarify.

And if nobody slagged off the club I suppose I wouldn't piss you lot off by defending it , I'm just being a supporter of Charlton where as a few of you lot havnt been doing much supporting since rd has come in .
  • Not sure how anyone can be positive about a player refusing to travel (the topic of matter here) then happily sitting on the bench next match as if nothing happened, lol. Loans like these will cause problems, one or two of them have strengthened us as a whole but Thuram should be long gone, and would be under any other ownership. Bit embarassing to see him near my club of which he cares nothing about, only cares for his own CV and merits. Clown.
  • Can't be arsed to wade through 15 pages of this. Do we actually know he refused to travel? Or is it just "My mate spoke to someone in the pub who knows the nextdoor neighbour of the guy who booked the coach for the trip to Leeds, and he said..."
  • Rizzo said:

Can't be arsed to wade through 15 pages of this. Do we actually know he refused to travel? Or is it just "My mate spoke to someone in the pub who knows the nextdoor neighbour of the guy who booked the coach for the trip to Leeds, and he said..."

The story was in the South London Press.
  • Sponsored links:

• Even for us, this thread is awful.
  • Rizzo said:

Can't be arsed to wade through 15 pages of this. Do we actually know he refused to travel? Or is it just "My mate spoke to someone in the pub who knows the nextdoor neighbour of the guy who booked the coach for the trip to Leeds, and he said..."

No there has been no confirmation and J R said he had the same illness as AA had suffered. However the original story ran in the SLP and the feeling was that if it had not been true then it was libellous and SLP would not have printed such a story without careful research. So on that basis no idea if it's true or not but certainly a good story to collect 15 pages.

Well personally i think Reza AND AA are two of our best players and they can both run around naked for all i care if they score.

I'd rather they didn't
  • Well personally i think Reza AND AA are two of our best players and they can both run around naked for all i care if they score.

Not if they're already on yellow cards though ;-)
  • edited April 2014

LuckyReds said:

Im with Yann897 on this.

Point of order Your Honour.

My solitary comment on the 15 odd pages of this thread (prior to this one) was a throw away joke at Yann 897's expense.

Whilst I am not ashamed to admit that I was a staunch Chris Powell man I'm not aware I've excessively criticised any of the Standard Liege loanees.

My one protest was to boycott the Huddersfield home game in the immediate aftermath of Chris' dismissal as, to borrow Thai Malaysian Addick's phrase, I didn't think it was "decent." I have subsequently, mug that I am, renewed my two season tickets for next season despite the Asset Sweater's antics.
  • Still looking forward to see that Jerome Thomas goal against WHU.

The apostrophe thing (though totally correct) was partially a joke. Lucky Reds is right, I was making an observation about the goal celebration which from the Covered End Cam and from where I sat in the ground looked strange. Particulalry as AA doesn't particularly sprint around the pitch in open play or for any distance.

The reactions in the thread from Yann897 are somewhat over the top and a bit incoherent. I have experienced that in other threads. I know Yann is passionate about the club which is great but other Charlton supporters are allowed to be sceptical. It does not mean that I or others love the club less or have to agree with everything that is going on.

Thanks to Lucky Reds for some calmness and sanity on the thread.

They are just observations and opinion. It all gets taken a bit too serious sometimes.
  • Siblings, siblings we should be fighting together.......
  • Stig said:

Well personally i think Reza AND AA are two of our best players and they can both run around naked for all i care if they score.

Not if they're already on yellow cards though ;-)
    Good point

• vff said:

Thanks to Lucky Reds for some calmness and sanity on the thread.

That says a lot about how bad things have got here.. ;)